Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Philosophy, Politics, and News
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

The Moxie Nerve Food Tonic
mburbank has disabled reputation
Old Nov 19th, 2003, 03:37 PM        PRESIDENT BUBBLE
Bush to Keep Distance from Protests on London Trip

By Caren Bohan

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - President Bush, who leaves Tuesday for a state visit to Britain where he is deeply unpopular, may hear few of the shouts of anti-war protesters who will pour into London's streets to vent anger at his policies.

When the president and his wife, Laura, touch down at Heathrow Airport on Tuesday evening, they will be whisked to Buckingham Palace and largely kept in what he himself describes as a security-enclosed bubble -- cut off from activity in the rest of the city.

Amid warnings of a possible al Qaeda attack, the White House is said to have insisted on extremely careful precautions and such events as the traditional horse-drawn carriage ride with Queen Elizabeth will not be part of the trip.

Nor will Bush address Parliament. To do so might have invited a public relations disaster as Bush likely would have faced a similar spectacle to the one he endured in Australia when his speech to parliament was twice interrupted by heckling.

Instead, Bush's itinerary includes a banquet with the Queen, a speech on the transatlantic alliance at Whitehall Palace, meetings with British soldiers and their families and an event on HIV/AIDS.

Lamenting the constraints of moving around with a large entourage, Bush last week told British journalists, "I travel in somewhat of a bubble."

He was explaining why the last day of his trip, when he will tour the countryside in Prime Minister Tony Blair's home district, will be a refreshing change of pace.

But analysts said the bubble in which Bush travels will serve him well politically.

It will spare him from such embarrassments as being photographed in the same frame as placards protesting his policies and demonstrators tearing down his effigy in imitation of the toppling of the Saddam Hussein statue in Baghdad.
Mocker

kellychaos is probably a spambot
Old Nov 19th, 2003, 03:46 PM       
Quote:
Convinced that his own General Staff was weak and indecisive, if not openly treacherous, Hitler became more prone to outbursts of blind, hysterical fury towards his generals, when he did not retreat into bouts of misanthropic brooding. His health, too, deteriorated under the impact of the drugs prescribed by his quack physician, Dr. Theodor Morell. Hitler's personal decline, symbolized by his increasingly rare public appearances and his self-enforced isolation in the "Wolf's Lair," his headquarters buried deep in the East Prussian forests, coincided with the visible signs of the coming German defeat which became apparent in mid-1942.

Wherever you go, there you are.
ranxer is probably a spambot
Old Nov 19th, 2003, 04:44 PM       

damn, so he's not actually going to have a bubble-mobile like the popes?
Mocker

Old Nov 19th, 2003, 04:53 PM       
I qualified at 500 meters. :shrug

Striped Tomato
Zebra 3 is probably a spambot
Old Nov 19th, 2003, 05:07 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by (article)
Nor will Bush address Parliament. To do so might have invited a public relations disaster as Bush likely would have faced a similar spectacle to the one he endured in Australia when his speech to parliament was twice interrupted by heckling.
The same heckling faces the moron in Canada as well, and that's the real reason behind his previous cancelled Ottawa visit.

It's worth noting, fmr. Pres.Clinton had no such concerns when he frequently walk about during his Canadian visits, which did include once a speech in the Canadian House of Commons.
Mocker
The One and Only... is probably a spambot
Old Nov 19th, 2003, 05:52 PM       
That's because Canada sucks.
ranxer is probably a spambot
Old Nov 19th, 2003, 09:11 PM       
haha, ever seen footage of sadaam walking the streets?

VinceZeb is probably a spambot
Old Nov 20th, 2003, 11:12 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by kellychaos
So what your saying is that you want to off our president?

For shame.
Buffalo Tom is probably a spambot
Old Nov 20th, 2003, 11:43 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by The One and Only...
That's because Canada sucks.
And, yet a number of Northeastern states are trying to arrange deals to buy prescription drugs from Canadian pharmacies because of their low-prices, that are due to subsidies from our state-run health care system, which guarantees that every Canadian citizen has easy access to quality health care. The growing number of Americans buying from Canadian pharmacies has raised concerns that we'll have to put limits on foreigners who can purchase our prescription drugs, lest the drug supply for Canadians who pay direct taxes to support our health care system runs low.

Tell me, how do you dress yourself discreetly every morning, living in a glass house as you do?
The Moxie Nerve Food Tonic
mburbank has disabled reputation
Old Nov 20th, 2003, 12:45 PM       
Jeez, Vinth, make an effort or don't show. It's no fun to kick you if you're just going to lay there.

"Sure, just lay there like your mom while I am fucking her with my big boner!"
-Vinth
Mocker

Old Nov 20th, 2003, 04:07 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by VinceZeb
Quote:
So what your saying is that you want to off our president?

For shame.
YOUR president, maybe. As recent funds don't allow for a UK visit at this time, I find that highly unlikely but if the Bushmobile finds itself within 500 meters of my house, I cannot be held responsible. With all that temptation?! Call it entrapment ... whatever. :/

Buffalo Tom is probably a spambot
Old Nov 20th, 2003, 04:41 PM       
Quote:
YOUR president, maybe. As recent funds don't allow for a UK visit at this time, I find that highly unlikely but if the Bushmobile finds itself within 500 meters of my house, I cannot be held responsible. With all that temptation?! Call it entrapment ... whatever. :/
Best watch what you say. You don't know what American security spooks are monitoring what you're writing on 'Net.
Mocker

Old Nov 20th, 2003, 04:49 PM       
Keyword Search: Bushmobile, 500 meters

This has all been a test of the emergency assisination system. I repeat, this was only a test.