Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > General Blabber
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Queen of the Beasts
Jeanette X is probably a spambot
Old Jun 26th, 2003, 09:52 PM        Jeanette's Wild World of Nature: Mustelids
The Mustelid family is a family of carnivores. Weasels, skunks, otters, badgers, and more are placed in this family.
"Weasel" comes from the Old English word "weosule," which probably meant "flowing" - in reference to the musky secretions of the animal.

Long-Tailed Weasel (Mustela frenata)
The long-tailed weasel has a range through North America all the way to northern South America. They are extremely curious and unafraid of man. They are also known to be vicious. Like rats, the long-tailed weasel can squeeze through very small holes. It is not uncommon for them to kill more than they can eat, and when they gain entry to a chicken coop, they might slaughter every single one.

Least Weasel (Mustela nivalis)
The least weasel is found in Europe, North Africa, Asia and North America, and it has been introduced in New Zealand where it poses a threat to certain endangered species. Its brown and white coat turns totally white in the winter. It is also the smallest living carnivore, but it is very fierce, and have been known to attack humans who come between them and their food.
The long-tailed weasel and the least weasel make similar sounds. A loud, harsh chirp or a screech can be heard when a weasel is disturbed or ready to attack. A low trill often signals a friendly meeting between a male and a female. A trill also helps a female to call her young. Baby weasels make high-pitched squeaks. At about four weeks of age, their squeaks get lower-pitched and raspier, eventually reaching a chirp similar to the adults'.
NEW FACE IN HELL
Rongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's army
Old Jun 26th, 2003, 09:55 PM       
Does that family include ferrets? I hate ferrets. I knew this guy who owned one, and it bit him in the crotch, and he couldn't have children anymore. True story.

O71394658 is probably a spambot
Old Jun 26th, 2003, 10:03 PM       
Queen of the Beasts
Old Jun 26th, 2003, 11:00 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rongi
Does that family include ferrets? I hate ferrets. I knew this guy who owned one, and it bit him in the crotch, and he couldn't have children anymore. True story.
Yes, it includes ferrets. Ferrets are not vicious if raised properly. I'll bet he abused it. Or maybe he was trying to molest the poor little creature.
NEW FACE IN HELL
Rongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's army
Old Jun 26th, 2003, 11:04 PM       
He wasn't right in the head, and I'm a bit supprised they sold it to him in the first place
Queen of the Beasts
Old Jun 26th, 2003, 11:09 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rongi
He wasn't right in the head, and I'm a bit supprised they sold it to him in the first place
I knew it! A ferret-molester!

SLjimbo is probably a spambot
Old Jun 26th, 2003, 11:37 PM       
Are pine martens included?

Queen of the Beasts
Old Jun 26th, 2003, 11:50 PM       
Yep. But be patient, I will get to all of them. Including pine martens.
Mocker
The Retro Kat is probably a spambot
Old Jun 26th, 2003, 11:58 PM       
I want to but one of those cats youve been talking about, they look cute. I love kitties.
Gas and masturbation are highly unlikely to be connected with each other. Have you tried to stop masturbating? Has the gas subsided as a result? Perhaps you could try the same experiment by increasing the times you masturbate daily. Do you notice that the gas is increasing?
Queen of the Beasts
Old Jun 27th, 2003, 09:12 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Retro Kat
I want to but one of those cats youve been talking about, they look cute. I love kitties.
I hope you aren't serious.

Ermine (Mustela Ermina)

Kits
The ermine, like the least weasel, turns white in the winter, and brown in the summer. It is also sometimes referred to as a stoat (pronounced "stout") although this word is usually reserved for when it is in it's summer coat. They are both bold and vicious and have been known to clamber up people's clothing for food.

"As the female ermine lopes off, her long, thin body humps in the middle like a caterpillar's. Suddenly she dives into the soft snow, leaving only a neat, round hole behind. A few yards beyond, her head pops up through the snow. It swivels like a periscope on a long, snaky neck, then ducks into the snow again.
Most of the ermine's prey are small rodents that live beneath the snow in winter. To hunt them effectively, she must go where they go: into their runways, tunnels, and burrows. Shes the perfect size for hunting meadow voles, as her body diameter is almost exactly the same as the voles. Other vole species are also eaten, including brown and collared lemmings."
(http://www.renres.gov.yk.ca/wildlife/weasel.html)
Their soft white skins are used to make fur coats, trimming, stoles, and neck pieces. During the middle ages, ermine fur was considered a symbol of royalty, and was often worn by rulers. It ranges through the north of North America and Eurasia.
The ermine was once considered a symbol of virginity and purity because of it's perfect white coat, and legend had it that it would rather die than get dirty.

Queen Elizabeth I, pictured with an ermine (probably a pet ferret in real life).
NEW FACE IN HELL
Old Jun 27th, 2003, 09:54 AM       
I want an ermine so bad
Rating: Yes.
Spectre X is probably a spambot
Old Jun 27th, 2003, 10:15 AM       
those critters are so damn cute, I want one! THEY'RE CUTE DAMMIT!!! GET ME ONE!!! AARGH!!

ahem, yeah, I want one.
Queen of the Beasts
Old Jun 27th, 2003, 11:34 AM       
No kiddies, you can't buy a live ermine. They're vicious. http://images.google.com/images?q=tb...kwelch/pp/pics
But you can get a nice little ferret.

American Mink (Mustela vison)
The American mink is about the size of the housecat and is an excellent swimmer and climber. It is a tireless wanderer and may travel many miles in search of food. It ranges through out the United States and Canada. They were accidentally introduced to the British Isles, where they pose a serious threat to native wildlife. Mink pelts have for years been considered one of the most luxurious furs on the market. 2.94 million pelts are still produced annually.

European Mink (Mustela lutreola)
The European mink is a critically endangered species, ranking with the Iberian lynx as one of the top priorities. It is a nocturnal predator, and freqents water courses and marshes. The main reasons behind it's decline is competition, and the accidental introduction of the American mink from fur farms. It once ranged throughout most of Europe.
Vibecrewangel is probably a spambot
Old Jun 27th, 2003, 12:11 PM        Awwww
Ms. X I love your animal threads!
Resident Chimp
AChimp is probably a real personAChimp is probably a real person
Old Jun 27th, 2003, 12:40 PM       
I want an ermine coat.
Mocker
Cap'n Crunch is probably a spambot
Old Jun 27th, 2003, 01:02 PM       
My dog looks like an ermine. He is about the same size, probably more vicious, but he is a different color than the ones you posted. He is a Chihuahua.

This should be an emoticon.
Mocker

kellychaos is probably a spambot
Old Jun 27th, 2003, 01:05 PM       
This should be an emoticon.[/quote]

Proto gets HIS own emoticon ... you get YOUR own emoticon ... dog and cats living together ... it'll be anarchy!

Wherever you go, there you are.
Queen of the Beasts
Old Jun 27th, 2003, 01:52 PM        Re: Awwww
Quote:
I want an ermine coat.
I will keep you in a tiny cage and then anally electrocute you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vibecrewangel
Ms. X I love your animal threads!
Thank you. I like that I'm appreciated.

European Polecat (Mustela putorius)
Although the word "polecat" is used interchangably with "skunk" in some areas of the United States, a polecat is in fact not a skunk, but a kind of weasel. These animals are solitary and nocturnal. Vocalizations include chattering, barking and squealing. This animal is the wild ancestor of the modern domestic ferret. They range throughout Europe, but in Britain, they are only found in Wales due to past persecution.

Domestic Ferret (Mustela putorius furo ) showing it's natural curiosity.

Long haired Angora ferret.

White ferret.
The ferret is essentially a domestic polecat subspecies. It has been domesticated longer than the rabbit. It was probably domesticated around 2500 years ago in the northern Mediterranean region. Aristophanes used the word "house-ferret" in at least four plays to satirize political oppenents. The Romans brought ferrets to Britain along with rabbits around the 1st Century but it probably wasn't until the 11th Century that the Normans brought them in great numbers to England. Ferrets were used to hunt rabbits. The killing instinct was eventually bred out of them because the rabbit hunters did not want the animal killing the rabbit and damaging the pelt. They are fully domesticated, not semi-domesticated or semi-wild. They are wonderful apartment pets, and are very affectionate and playful. They make chirping sounds.

They often become attached to a particular object, and are fond of moving it from hiding place to hiding place. Go here to learn about more ferret behaviors. http://www.everythingferret.com/ferret_behavior.htm

This portrait, although commonly referred to as "Lady with Ermine", it probably depicts a pet ferret.

Domestic ferret, from 1551.
For more medival ferret art, go here. http://homepages.shu.ac.uk/~conseal/frhistpg.htm
Queen of the Beasts
Old Jun 27th, 2003, 09:29 PM       

The Siberian Weasel (Mustela sibirica)
The Siberian weasel can be found in mountains, plains, swamps or even villages and cities. It feeds mainly on rodents, and live in eastern Asia. It is also known as a Kolinsky, and it's fur is often made into high quality water color brushes. (Sorry I don't have an actual photograph. The only other picture I could find was a rather creepy-looking stuffed specimen. )

The Black-Footed Ferret (Mustela nigripes)
The black-footed ferret should not be confused with the domestic ferretor the European polecat, as it is a totally seperate species and undomesticated. It once ranged through southern Canada to northern Mexico, but it now is an endangered species and can be found in only Montana, South Dakota, and Wyoming. Over 90% of it's diet is made up of prarie dogs. Massive hunting and poisoning campaigns against prarie dogs have made it the rarest native animal in the United States.
NEW FACE IN HELL
Old Jun 27th, 2003, 09:40 PM       
Now I want a ferret
Mocker

kellychaos is probably a spambot
Old Jun 28th, 2003, 01:38 PM        Re: Awwww
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeanette X
Quote:
I want an ermine coat.
I will keep you in a tiny cage and then anally electrocute you.
I think that there's more involved than just ermine ranching with those breeder fellas ... bleh ... butt killing. No good can come of that. :/

Wherever you go, there you are.
Queen of the Beasts
Old Jun 28th, 2003, 10:16 PM       

Back-Striped Weasel (Mustela strigidorsa)
The back-striped weasel is one of the rarest animals in the world. It is found in Thailand, and it's sex can be distinguished by the stripes on it's back-one for male, two for female.
These members of the mustela genus are apparently to obscure to warrant little more than a brief mention. I couldn't find any pictures.
Steppe polecat (Mustela eversmanni)
Colombian weasel (Mustela felipei)
Tropical weasel (Mustela africana)
Mountain weasel (Mustela altaica)
Malaysian weasel (Mustela nudipes)
Indonesian mountain weasel (Mustela lutreolina)
Yellow-Bellied Weasel (Mustela kathiah)

American Marten (Martes americana)
The American marten is nocturnal and rarely observed. Actually getting to see one is considered lucky. They are partly arboreal, and move swiftly in the trees. It is found in Canada and the northern United States.
Queen of the Beasts
Old Jun 30th, 2003, 10:16 AM       
The European Pine Marten (Martes martes)

European pine marten kits.
The European pine marten is distributed throughout most parts of Eurasia. Although it was widespread in Britain, it is now restricted to Ireland and northern great Britain. It is a skillful treetop hunter, racing on thin branches and leaping from one treetop to another in pursuit of squirrels and other prey. They also forage on the forest floor. They will often den in abandoned squirrel nests and birds nests, rocky crevices, and underground.

The Japanese Marten (Martes melampus)
Forgive the shitty picture. That was the best one I could find of this species. :/
The Japanese marten is found in Japan and in Korea. I couldn't find out much else about that would interest you.
Queen of the Beasts
Old Jun 30th, 2003, 01:12 PM       

Sable (Martes zibellina)
(No wisecracks about the wrestler or the superhero please.) The sable is found in northern China and Siberia. They are both curious and vicious little animals. Sables have been hunted for fur for centuries, but now hunting is allowed only by licenced persons in order to allow the wild population, which was drastically reduced at the beginning of the 20th century, to grow. It is also kept on fur farms.

Pekan (Martes pennanti)
Also known as a fisher, the pekan is a very aggressive hunter, and it has been known to eat other carnivores. It will even kill martens. Usually an area has a good population of either pekans or martens, but never both. There have been numerous reports of fisher attacks on domestic animals and even children. It is important to recognize that fishers are simply trying to find food and protect themselves. It is important to restrict access to garbage, pet foods, pets, and domestic fowl. When startled, fishers may react aggressively to the perceived threat. (http://animaldiversity.ummz.umich.ed..._pennanti.html) It is found only North America.
Les Waste is probably a spambot
Old Jun 30th, 2003, 01:38 PM       
That sable is way too fucking cute.

Awwwwwwwwwwww.
Bobo Adobo is funnier and smarter than all of you, proven by the fact that he is currently in a high-paying and important government job where he earns a fat cash paycheck and much pussy. How did he get so famous and successful you ask? It's simple: he has never, in his entire life, watched one second of anime.
- Outerspacekid