Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Movies & Television
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Pickled Patriarch
Mockery is probably a real personMockery is probably a real person
Old Jun 1st, 2004, 04:55 PM        Matrix 9-disc set? :o
Quote:
The Matrix: The Digital Bits have new rumors up about the supposed 9 disc version of The Matrix Trilogy to hit store shelves in the near future...

Also today, a number of online retailers (including EZYDVD) are listing a 9-disc The Matrix Trilogy DVD box set for Region 4 (street date TBA). This would supposedlyinclude 3 discs for The Matrix, 3 discs for The Matrix Reloaded, 2 discs for The Matrix Revolutions, and the single-disc Animatrix DVD. Features of the set are reported to include new HD film transfers of the films, an extended version of Reloaded with an hour of additional footage and new documentaries, commentaries and other newly created special edition content. We do know that Warner and the Wachowski brothers are working on new special editions of the films, but this is the first time we've heard about this specific release. We'll look into it and hopefully have more information for you soon, particularly word on R1 plans.
Location: In that place where i didnt know where we were before
Comrade Rocket is probably a spambot
Old Jun 1st, 2004, 05:16 PM       
i dont care how many Disks they add, it wont make the movies any better.
Pickled Patriarch
Old Jun 1st, 2004, 05:20 PM       
i dont care how many posts you add, it wont make you any more interesting.
Resident Chimp
AChimp is probably a real personAChimp is probably a real person
Old Jun 1st, 2004, 05:31 PM       
It really doesn't need that many.
Mocker

James sucks
Old Jun 1st, 2004, 05:39 PM       
6 discs at the most: 4 for the movies (including Animatrix), 1 for the behind the scenes stuff for the first movie, and then 1 for the other two.

On a related note, I finally saw Reloaded the other day. It wasn't as bad as people made it out to be, but it was far from good. Just pretty mediocre with fight scenes that had no context to be put in, and extensive yawn-enducing philosphical discussion that just draws away from the world of The Matrix and the conflict in the real world.

And the cliffhanger ending was fucking shitty. The only really good thing was the fight with the Agent Smiths (though it went on a little too long), and the Merovingian and Persephone characters.
Pickled Patriarch
Old Jun 1st, 2004, 09:58 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by James
The only really good thing was the fight with the Agent Smiths (though it went on a little too long), and the Merovingian and Persephone characters.
How could you leave out the highway chase scene? That's the best thing about the 2nd Matrix by far.
DON'T F WITH ME
HickMan is probably pretty okHickMan is probably pretty okHickMan is probably pretty okHickMan is probably pretty okHickMan is probably pretty ok
Old Jun 1st, 2004, 10:03 PM       
Agreed. The highway scene is the best. I won't pay for it, I'll leave it for my brother to buy.
Mocker

James sucks
Old Jun 1st, 2004, 10:14 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mockery
How could you leave out the highway chase scene? That's the best thing about the 2nd Matrix by far.
It stretched on for far too long, and the part with the twin in their car was really stupid. If it were shorter, all the stuff that was supposed to seem impressive would have BEEN impressive, because of how fast and frequent it'd hit you.

Seriously, half of the movie could have just been removed. Especially that sex scene early on. :/
DON'T F WITH ME
HickMan is probably pretty okHickMan is probably pretty okHickMan is probably pretty okHickMan is probably pretty okHickMan is probably pretty ok
Old Jun 1st, 2004, 10:28 PM       
That showed that they love each other.
Mocker

James sucks
Old Jun 1st, 2004, 10:35 PM       
It's showed two heroin addicts naked in bed. :barf

I'd be willing to bet that the second and third Matrix movies could have just been edited into one movie, that might have actually been better. There's just so much flash and filler in Reloaded that didn't need to be in there.
DON'T F WITH ME
Old Jun 1st, 2004, 10:39 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by HickMan
That showed that they love each other.
Asspunch McGruf
Skulhedface is probably a spambot
Old Jun 2nd, 2004, 12:19 AM       
Quote:
It's showed two heroin addicts naked in bed. :barf

I'd be willing to bet that the second and third Matrix movies could have just been edited into one movie, that might have actually been better. There's just so much flash and filler in Reloaded that didn't need to be in there.
But "The Matrix Duology" isn't quite a catchy, cost-effective title for a box set.

Besides, trilogies are "in".
OH GOD
executioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contest
Old Jun 2nd, 2004, 07:08 AM       
i dont know abouty ou guys but i kept expecting "z" to get abducted by ganon
Pickled Patriarch
Old Jun 2nd, 2004, 08:36 AM       
Quote:
It stretched on for far too long, and the part with the twin in their car was really stupid. If it were shorter, all the stuff that was supposed to seem impressive would have BEEN impressive, because of how fast and frequent it'd hit you.
What was stretched for far too long was the rave scene in Zion. The car chase scene is easily one of my favorite movie action sequences, and I loved the part with the twin in the car with morpheus and trinity switching off on punching him, whipping his face with the seatbelt, etc.

I liked the burly brawl between neo and smith but the CGI got pretty weak during some points which made it a bit less exciting. The CGI in the final movie was a huge improvement. You could barely tell half the time.
Mocker

James sucks
Old Jun 2nd, 2004, 02:17 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mockery
What was stretched for far too long was the rave scene in Zion.
Pretty much everything involving Zion could have been cut from the movie.
Mocker
ScruU2wice is probably a spambot
Old Jun 2nd, 2004, 11:24 PM       
I like how civilization ends in the future but we still have giant cavernous raves, for no good reason.

Looking back on both reloaded and Revolutions, there were many instances which i thought made the movie worth seeing. (The scene with Neo fighting the oracles body gaurd for one) but I don't think i'd spend my money to buy the dvd especially 9 dvds. Im pretty sure that the whole thing won't cost less than 100 bucks, And i really wouldn't pay that much for a movie i didn't love.

But i'm not the type of person that sits and watched hours upon hours of comentary and what not. I could only watch half of Reservoir Dogs on comentary and that is my favorite movie ever
Mocker
Big Papa Goat is probably a spambot
Old Jun 3rd, 2004, 12:10 AM       
And I like how they were dancing to a techno song
Mocker

James sucks
Old Jun 3rd, 2004, 12:12 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScruU2wice
Looking back on both reloaded and Revolutions, there were many instances which i thought made the movie worth seeing. (The scene with Neo fighting the oracles body gaurd for one)
Are you kidding? That scene was probably one of the reasons the movie wasn't good at all. It was a very "Charlie's Angels" moment, where the fighting really had no context, and was just some filler flash, which even in that sense was pointless, as only some minutes later, we have the Neo/Smiths fight.

I loved the fight scenes in the first movie, but they were also all in a context that gave them a REASON to be in the movie. It seems like the directors just stopped listening at "I loved the fight scenes," and completely disregarded any point in attaching them to the movie. They just seemed more focused on trying to outdo their own visual effects from the first movie, and less focused on actually continuing the story. I think people could have been just as happy with the same bullet-time and 360 camera spins if it was combined with a great story, instead of having a fairly muddy and recessive story that showed up Neo's flying abilities 30 times and twin ghosts.
The Goddamned Batman
Protoclown is probably a spambot
Old Jun 3rd, 2004, 12:08 PM       
They're talking about adding a fucking HOUR of footage to Reloaded? Wasn't it long enough as it is?

And that's not the one with all the problems anyway, Revolutions was the George Lucas-ish stinker of the three.
Banned
Location: Illinois, Alberta, Canada, Thailand, Space, Groundling Marsh, Manhattan, Man Hat Ton
ArrowX sucks
Old Jun 3rd, 2004, 12:19 PM       
The series should have ended at the first one

They just continued to fuck it up.
Mocker

James sucks
Old Jun 3rd, 2004, 12:31 PM       
I was thinking I'd order Revolutions on demand, because it's only $3 and Reloaded is still fresh in my mind.

Anyway, they shouldn't have stopped at the first Matrix. They should have just done the other two right. It seems like the Wah-chow-ski brothers just didn't have any planned after the first one, so they filled everything up with what they THOUGHT the fans wanted to see. But everything is just a jumbled mess, without any further character development in the heroes (at least in Reloaded), and a lot of scenes that really just had no point. The Zion rave scene, the Link character, the fight with the Oracle's guardian, the confusing mess of philosophical discussion about choice, etc. The only really good things were Merovingian, Persephone, and Agent Smith (who didn't get nearly enough screentime, especially since his B-plot overshadows the main, weak plot of this movie).

I would write a review, but they're still down. ;(
Pickled Patriarch
Old Jun 3rd, 2004, 12:36 PM       
Order the 3rd one, I wanna hear what you think of it. Personally, I liked it much better than the 3rd. Because they got rid of pretty much all the long drawn-out discussions from the 2nd one and just gave a straight-forward action movie. Nothing real "deep" or anything, just good action and fucking amazing CGI work. I also think the final battle with smith is one of the prettiest looking scenes ever filmed. And speaking of Smith, he's at his best in the 3rd film. Way over the top.

"They're talking about adding a fucking HOUR of footage to Reloaded? Wasn't it long enough as it is?"

I'm actually wondering if some of that footage is gonna be the stuff from the video games? Eh, what I'd really like to see is an alternate ending to the trilogy.
Mocker

James sucks
Old Jun 3rd, 2004, 12:42 PM       
I don't have a problem with "deep," it's just the theme of choice in Reloaded was just a running-around-in-circles philosophical discussion that, in the end, had really no reason to be the main theme.

Another thing that pissed me off is how after Neo's becoming of The One in the first Matrix, he's pretty much gone right back into the same character. There's no new revelations or real demonstration of his understanding of The Matrix. He can fly, and he can see in code, but he's still wandering around not knowing jack shit, and doubting himself. The progression is annoyingly minimal, or even taking steps backward. Morpheus, for example, goes from being the insightful teacher and leader, to just some guy with a rival over Will Smith's wife.

I probably will order Revolutions sometime, I just don't know when.
Banned
Location: Illinois, Alberta, Canada, Thailand, Space, Groundling Marsh, Manhattan, Man Hat Ton
ArrowX sucks
Old Jun 3rd, 2004, 02:18 PM       
The biggest problem I had with Revolutions is when they see the sun. Wouldn't trinity go blind? Or at least have to close her eyes, She hasn't seen the REAL sun for her entire life so her eyes would be monumentally fucked up
Rating: Yes.
Spectre X is probably a spambot
Old Jun 3rd, 2004, 02:23 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArrowX
The biggest problem I had with Revolutions is when they see the sun. Wouldn't trinity go blind? Or at least have to close her eyes, She hasn't seen the REAL sun for her entire life so her eyes would be monumentally fucked up
There are these things called 'lamps' in Zion. Pretty bright ones too.