Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Philosophy, Politics, and News
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

The Moxie Nerve Food Tonic
mburbank has disabled reputation
Old Mar 31st, 2006, 05:20 PM        Pharah, for the sake of argument;
Lets say you're right and genetic racial differences account for all sorts of things. Blacks are more violent, Jews are smarter, Goyische whites are... whatever the hell they are good at.

Uhm... So? Suppose tomorrow the world wakes up and theirs incontravertable truth you are right, and by some miracle we all accept it.

Then what? What do you see people doing differently based on this? How would laws and government policies change? I'm guessing it's not just a personal quest for truth for truths sake on your part. Suppose you could talk the world around to your way of thinking, and then the world said "Seeing as your nearly Jewish in your intelligence, what should we do now, Pharoah?"
Mocker

Abcdxxxx is probably a spambot
Old Mar 31st, 2006, 05:48 PM       
Did you get jealous and request your wife & kids to drop you on your head too? Aside from your need for grandiosity (and a rubber chicken) you really didn't need to make a second thread for this shit.
Pharaoh is probably a spambot
Old Mar 31st, 2006, 06:16 PM       
Charles Murray has written a recent article which I think answers your question.

'What good can come of raising this divisive topic? The honest answer is that no one knows for sure. What we do know is that the taboo has crippled our ability to explore almost any topic that involves the different ways in which groups of people respond to the world around them—which means almost every political, social, or economic topic of any complexity.

Thus my modest recommendation, requiring no change in laws or regulations, just a little more gumption. Let us start talking about group differences openly—all sorts of group differences, from the visuospatial skills of men and women to the vivaciousness of Italians and Scots. Let us talk about the nature of the manly versus the womanly virtues. About differences between Russians and Chinese that might affect their adoption of capitalism. About differences between Arabs and Europeans that might affect the assimilation of Arab immigrants into European democracies. About differences between the poor and non-poor that could inform policy for reducing poverty.

Even to begin listing the topics that could be enriched by an inquiry into the nature of group differences is to reveal how stifled today’s conversation is. Besides liberating that conversation, an open and undefensive discussion would puncture the irrational fear of the male-female and black-white differences I have surveyed here. We would be free to talk about other sexual and racial differences as well, many of which favor women and blacks, and none of which is large enough to frighten anyone who looks at them dispassionately.

Talking about group differences does not require any of us to change our politics. For every implication that the Right might seize upon (affirmative-action quotas are ill-conceived), another gives fodder to the Left (innate group differences help rationalize compensatory redistribution by the state).81 But if we do not need to change our politics, talking about group differences obligates all of us to renew our commitment to the ideal of equality that Thomas Jefferson had in mind when he wrote as a self-evident truth that all men are created equal. Steven Pinker put that ideal in today’s language in The Blank Slate, writing that “Equality is not the empirical claim that all groups of humans are interchangeable; it is the moral principle that individuals should not be judged or constrained by the average properties of their group.”82

Nothing in this essay implies that this moral principle has already been realized or that we are powerless to make progress. In elementary and secondary education, many outcomes are tractable even if group differences in ability remain unchanged. Dropout rates, literacy, and numeracy are all tractable. School discipline, teacher performance, and the quality of the curriculum are tractable. Academic performance within a given IQ range is tractable. The existence of group differences need not and should not discourage attempts to improve schooling for millions of American children who are now getting bad educations.

In university education and in the world of work, overall openness of opportunity has been transformed for the better over the last half-century. But the policies we now have in place are impeding, not facilitating, further progress. Creating double standards for physically demanding jobs so that women can qualify ensures that men in those jobs will never see women as their equals. In universities, affirmative action ensures that the black-white difference in IQ in the population at large is brought onto the campus and made visible to every student. The intentions of their designers notwithstanding, today’s policies are perfectly fashioned to create separation, condescension, and resentment—and so they have done.

The world need not be that way. Any university or employer that genuinely applied a single set of standards for hiring, firing, admitting, and promoting would find that performance across different groups really is distributed indistinguishably. But getting to that point nationwide will require us to jettison an apparatus of laws, regulations, and bureaucracies that has been 40 years in the making. That will not happen until the conversation has opened up. So let us take one step at a time. Let us stop being afraid of data that tell us a story we do not want to hear, stop the name-calling, stop the denial, and start facing reality.'

Link here
=======

Preechr is probably a spambot
Old Mar 31st, 2006, 06:26 PM       
Great. Let's talk about it.

What is it about the genetics of the Anu and the Anglo-Saxon (or whatever bastardized breed might claim you) races that compells you to post as "Pharoah?"

How are your teeth?

Can you cook at all?

Why aren't you funnier?

Are you gay?

How can someone who obviously thinks so much of their ideas have so little respect for expressing them? How can someone who so yearns to be taken seriously make so little effort?!
Mocker
ScruU2wice is probably a spambot
Old Mar 31st, 2006, 11:00 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abcdxxxx
Ddi uyo etg jloueas adn resqueXst yrou w!ef & kzdi to prod yuo no ryou hdea t2? Aeids fmro yruo nedee 4 gradinissitiy (and a rubber chicken) oyu ryllea dn'dit ndee ot meak a scoend traehad rfo tis shit.
What?
Mocker

Old Mar 31st, 2006, 11:36 PM       
Mocker
ScruU2wice is probably a spambot
Old Mar 31st, 2006, 11:43 PM       
going super lowbrow is my new thing..
Mocker

Old Apr 1st, 2006, 12:39 AM       
The Moxie Nerve Food Tonic
mburbank has disabled reputation
Old Apr 1st, 2006, 10:07 AM       
Thanks for gaying up another thread Abdcgsgeiskjv.

And Phag; I'm just very relieved to find that all you are looking for out of your bold racial stand is a little gumption. That is so much more innicent than I'd imagined. Everybody likes gumption.
Mocker

Old Apr 1st, 2006, 12:55 PM       
Jewing. I was Jewing up another thread. Get it right.