Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Philosophy, Politics, and News
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

The Moxie Nerve Food Tonic
mburbank has disabled reputation
Old Feb 2nd, 2004, 10:32 AM        Blue Ribbon Presidential Department of Contradiction
Bush to pick panel for WMD inquiry, official says
Independent probe of intelligence has bipartisan support

Monday, February 2, 2004
Bush could name the appointments as early as Monday.

WASHINGTON (CNN) -- President Bush will name members of a commission to review prewar U.S. intelligence about Iraq's weapons programs, a senior administration official said Monday.

There's nothing more independant than having all the members of the panel hand picked by a President running for reelection! Why, that practically guarantees independence!
Mocker
Dole is probably a spambot
Old Feb 2nd, 2004, 10:53 AM       
Get the Warren Commision in again
The Moxie Nerve Food Tonic
mburbank has disabled reputation
Old Feb 2nd, 2004, 11:20 AM       
Funny you should say that, the Warren comission is being used as a model for this comission. I'm not making that up.

" A senior White House official discussing the situation on grounds of anonymity said the body would be patterned after the Warren Commission, which conducted a 10-month investigation that concluded in 1964 that Lee Harvey Oswald acted alone in killing President Kennedy."
Mocker
Dole is probably a spambot
Old Feb 2nd, 2004, 12:16 PM       
Thats absolutely fucking unbelievable.
Pee Wee Herman is probably a spambot
Old Feb 2nd, 2004, 05:36 PM       
Earlier today, I read an article about this in the National Post, a Canadian daily. The article said that the commision will not report their findings until after the 2004 presidential election. Does that strike anybody as an extremely fucked up date for making the findings public? The public has a right to know whether Bush fucked up big time BEFORE they elect him again for another term. The article said that the findings would not be made public until after the election because Bush, or the Republican party did not want the report to become a tool of bipartisan politics. That's a pretty fucking dumb excuse to delay it because that will benefit Bush for sure. Un-fucking-believable.

Can someone please enlighten me as to why it is a bad idea to model this commission after the Warren commission? The Warren commission thingie happened way before I was born, so I know very little about it.

"Boy, me and my family sure are quoyed a lot in people's signatures"
-Max Burbank