Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Philosophy, Politics, and News
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Mocker
ScruU2wice is probably a spambot
Old Sep 5th, 2004, 12:40 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by The One and Only...
No, but at 162 lbs, I'm hardly fat, and a sophomore taking AP Statistics doesn't count as stupid.
I could've taken AP stats freshman year and wouldn't miss a step in that class, it's barely even a fucking math class. You wanna be considered smart? stop talking out of your ass.
Mocker
ziggytrix is probably a spambot
Old Sep 5th, 2004, 03:27 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronnie Raygun
Jeanette, is there any evidence that supports their claim?
How about Judge John Cataldo who found the city of New York in contempt of court for holding protesters more than the 24 hours New York state law presumptively allows? I mean, we've even got beuracratic paper trails on that one.

State law was violated in order to keep protesters away from the convention. You can say we can't prove the motive, but you cannot argue that we can't prove the crime.

PS You're a prick.

EvilConserative#1 is probably a spambot
Old Sep 5th, 2004, 06:57 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeanette X
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronnie Raygun
I think that liberals should have to abide by the same laws the rest of Americans do and should not be treated as exceptions to the rule.

I support the police.
The Constitution IS THE LAW. It is the supreme law of the land, and the police have violated it. To be arrested is one thing, but to not be allowed to see a lawyer is another.
I wouldn't object to the arrests if the protesters were treated like any other criminal...that is, allowed to see lawyer, and kept in a dry cell rather than a fucking cage with chemicals everywhere. Not to mention being given food and water and allowed to use the toilet. But they weren't. They weren't treated the same as anyone else. They were mistreated because they were protestors.
It is unAmerican to ignore the Constitutional rights of the protesters, even if they did break the law.
Umm I'm sure they suffered horrably . But atleast it looks like we are taking a step up above the abu-crav lessons . Give me a break, you have you 1st admin right , but you don't have the right to break the law committing your 1st admin rights.Liberals are losing b/c your not thinking . You guys really are making this one too easy .
Vesihiisi sihisi hississä
Hobo Renee is probably a spambot
Old Sep 5th, 2004, 08:41 PM       
Quote:
No, but at 162 lbs, I'm hardly fat, and a sophomore taking AP Statistics doesn't count as stupid.
yeah, when I took AP Statistics last year all the teacher did was talk about he ex-wife and chew tobacco while we played card games. That proves nothing.

Mocker
The One and Only... is probably a spambot
Old Sep 5th, 2004, 09:04 PM       
You miss the point.

The importance is not the class I'm taking, but the classes I was required to take before that.

I had to take up to Precalculus, and was planning on taking Calculus afterwards, but it was suggested that I take Stat first so that more information from Calc could be retained.

The average highschool (I'm not in college, but highschool) kid is still taking Geometry - that means that I'm not one, not two, but three years ahead of him. As it currently stands, I'm going to either have to skip my senior year or take an independent studies math class.

In short, fuck you.
CHIEF OF POLICE
MLE is probably pretty okMLE is probably pretty okMLE is probably pretty okMLE is probably pretty ok
Old Sep 5th, 2004, 09:06 PM       
*fap fap fap*
Resident Chimp
AChimp is probably a real personAChimp is probably a real person
Old Sep 5th, 2004, 09:13 PM       

The average pre-calculus student only learns how to use radians over regular high school math students. That's seriously the only difference. I know because I took pre-calc math all through high school AND university level calculus in grade 12... none of that AP bullshit.

Statistics is the most ridiculously easy subject in the world. OMG! Calculate the standard deviation! Figure out the probability of that! What's the z value for this?

Quit trying to prove how smart you are by listing the courses you are taking.
Resident Chimp
Old Sep 5th, 2004, 09:15 PM       
I forgot about logarithms in pre-calc, but that's because it only takes a single class to memorize the rules, understand what they mean and make a few graphs.
Mocker
The One and Only... is probably a spambot
Old Sep 5th, 2004, 09:19 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by AChimp
The average pre-calculus student only learns how to use radians over regular high school math students. That's seriously the only difference.
So... you guys never went over mathematical induction, trig functions, proving trig equations via the identities, vectors, complex numbers (DeMoivre's Theorem, etc...), and logarithms?
Resident Chimp
Old Sep 5th, 2004, 09:40 PM       
Induction is a load of shit. Trig was covered in Grade 9. Complex numbers aren't used until second-year calculus, so there's no point in knowing it until then. Vectors was a 2 day lesson because chances are you'll have already done it in physics, and it's basically just trig all over again

You're right, though, I forgot about the trig identities... here's all it takes to learn them:

1. Look at identity.
2. Memorize identity.
3. When in doubt, convert to sine and cosine. Reduce.
Lord Felch Demon
Ninjavenom is probably a spambot
Old Sep 5th, 2004, 11:16 PM       
What does your math level have to do with this, you self-absorbed jerkoff?
Resident Chimp
Old Sep 5th, 2004, 11:21 PM       
He's showing us how smart he is, and therefore, qualified to post here.
Mocker
ScruU2wice is probably a spambot
Old Sep 5th, 2004, 11:52 PM       
Quote:
You miss the point.

The importance is not the class I'm taking, but the classes I was required to take before that.

I had to take up to Precalculus, and was planning on taking Calculus afterwards, but it was suggested that I take Stat first so that more information from Calc could be retained.

The average highschool (I'm not in college, but highschool) kid is still taking Geometry - that means that I'm not one, not two, but three years ahead of him. As it currently stands, I'm going to either have to skip my senior year or take an independent studies math class.

In short, fuck you.
You have to be fucking kiddin me.

I took calc last year and my friend who is taking stats with me took algebra 2 last year. The class is not discriminant to what math class you take or have taken.

If you wanna convince anyone you're smart you should really stop the "neener neener neener I'm in AP statistics because I am so smart."