Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Philosophy, Politics, and News
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

BANNED

kahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contest
Old Oct 19th, 2004, 06:39 PM       
that guy must have some kind of mind control device; for such an ugly guy.. managing to impregnate the same woman three times? Jeebus.
Bass is probably a spambot
Old Oct 19th, 2004, 06:43 PM       
"Patrick and Elizabeth Johnston reside in central Ohio with their four young home-schooled children. Patrick Johnston is a family practice physician and founder of the Muskingum County Association of Pro-life Physicians. He is Vice Chairman of the Constitution Party of Ohio. He is committed to restoring Biblical law and constitutional government in America. He is also active in street ministry and is the author of many articles."

I wonder what they did with the fourth child... She was probably born with brown hair or brown eyes, so they thought she was possessed and was consequently stoned to death.[/i]
=======

Preechr is probably a spambot
Old Oct 19th, 2004, 07:34 PM       
Obviously it's taking the picture. DUH!!!

How can someone who obviously thinks so much of their ideas have so little respect for expressing them? How can someone who so yearns to be taken seriously make so little effort?!
Queen of the Beasts
Jeanette X is probably a spambot
Old Oct 19th, 2004, 09:08 PM       
Their quote, KJV version:
Quote:
Exodus 21:22-25: If men strive, and hurt a woman with child, so that her fruit depart from her, and yet no mischief follow: he shall be surely punished, according as the woman's husband will lay upon him; and he shall pay as the judges determine. And if any mischief follow, then thou shalt
give life for life, Eye for eye, tooth for tooth, hand for hand, foot for foot, Burning for burning, wound for wound, stripe for stripe.
Darby Version
Quote:
22 And if men strive together, and strike a woman with child, so that she be delivered, and no mischief happen, he shall in any case be fined, according as the woman's husband shall impose on him, and shall give it as the judges estimate. 23 But if mischief happen, then thou shalt give life for life, 24 eye for eye, tooth for tooth, hand for hand, foot for foot, 25 branding for branding, wound for wound, stripe for stripe. 26
Revised Standard Version
Quote:
"When men strive together, and hurt a woman with child, so that there is a miscarriage, and yet no harm follows, the one who hurt her shall be fined, according as the woman's husband shall lay upon him; and he shall pay as the judges determine. 23 If any harm follows, then you shall give life for life, 24 eye for eye, tooth for tooth, hand for hand, foot for foot, 25 burn for burn, wound for wound, stripe for stripe.
Fined. It says fined. FINED! IT ISN'T MURDER UNLESS THE WOMAN DIES!

No wonder these fundies want the Bible to remain in the KJV version, they know that every other translation will show what idiots they are. I'm going to double check how exactly the translation works out from the Hebrew, but I think this is what it says.

Its hilarious how they pull these passages out and don't realize that they contradict their arguement.
Old Oct 19th, 2004, 09:18 PM       
Not sure since I don't remember where I would have even seen a bible recently, but didn't that Jesus fellow more or less denounce that whole "eye for an eye" thing, and say some thing about turning the other cheek?
=======

Preechr is probably a spambot
Old Oct 19th, 2004, 09:23 PM       
If a group of men in their endeavors, whatever they may be, harms a pregnant woman so badly that she miscarries, no matter the situation or whether the harm was intended, he should be subject to some appropriate punishment, but if he also injures the mother, he should be injured just as he injured her, even if that means killing him after he experiences the injuries that led to her death (if he killed the mother.)

How can someone who obviously thinks so much of their ideas have so little respect for expressing them? How can someone who so yearns to be taken seriously make so little effort?!
Resident Chimp
AChimp is probably a real personAChimp is probably a real person
Old Oct 19th, 2004, 11:23 PM       
I love the logic flaw in the premises on the athiest page.
Old Oct 19th, 2004, 11:27 PM       
Wasn't that theory on atheists talked about in one of Michael Crichton's books, or some other sci-fi book that I can't recall the name of?
Mocker
Dole is probably a spambot
Old Oct 20th, 2004, 05:54 AM       
In the little graphic in the top right that has rotating pics of the family, the Mum and Dad REALLY look like they are sieg heiling.
Supa Soviet Missil Mastar
Zhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's army
Old Oct 20th, 2004, 11:38 AM       
They're just hi-fiveing Jesus.
ineffable

sadie is probably a spambot
Old Oct 20th, 2004, 01:10 PM       
Quote:
He is committed to restoring Biblical law and constitutional government in America.
isn't this a paradox?
GO AWAY DONT POST HERE

davinxtk is probably a spambot
Old Oct 21st, 2004, 11:44 AM       
The astronomer makes similar reasonable assumptions when he listens into the most distant parts of the universe with his microwave telescope listening for possible sensible patterns of sound. If a sensible pattern of sound data could be found coming from another region of space, then there lies conclusive evidence that intelligence exists outside of our world, even if they do not know who is making the sound!

But do they worship the same god? Do they follow christ?

OR ARE THEY SINFUL HOMOSEXUALS?!
(1:02:34 AM): and i think i may have gone a little too far and let her know that i actually do hate her, on some level, just because she's female
(1:03:33 AM): and now she's being all kinds of sensitive about it
(1:03:53 AM): i hate women