Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Movies & Television
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Banned
Location: Illinois, Alberta, Canada, Thailand, Space, Groundling Marsh, Manhattan, Man Hat Ton
ArrowX sucks
Old Jul 20th, 2007, 06:45 PM        1-18-08
anyone heard any real details about this yet? Its viral marketing at its best.
so far the only real screens or footage are from the trailer that premiered at Transformers.

http://www.apple.com/trailers/paramo...808/large.html

www.1-18-08.com

Edit:
www.slusho.jp

is also involved in some way, tho I don't get it.
frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Jul 20th, 2007, 07:09 PM       
I'm excited, but that Abrams guy irritates the piss out of me. Almost enough not to see the movie.
Banned
Location: Illinois, Alberta, Canada, Thailand, Space, Groundling Marsh, Manhattan, Man Hat Ton
ArrowX sucks
Old Jul 20th, 2007, 07:27 PM       
Agreed, every interview he seems like a pompous asshole. But if he can do anything right, its shroud something in mystery.
Fartin's biggest fan
Perndog is probably a spambot
Old Jul 23rd, 2007, 08:16 AM       
Obviously Godzilla, no mystery, just another mediocre adaptation of an old movie. Move along folks, nothing to see here.
Banned
ArrowX sucks
Old Jul 23rd, 2007, 09:54 AM       
Legally speaking it shouldn't be Godzilla, because Toho retired the franchise. Also the US rights are heavily disputed, its with either ColumbiaTristar, or Sony where 1-18-08 is Paramount. That and Abrams himself said the monster was totally original.

From the shots that float around on 1-18-08 it seems like thats the real title, since the movie apparently takes place on that day. So the film is probably just the one night with the friends of the party fleeing and hiding, like War of the Worlds.

As much as I don't believe its Godzilla I did notice that in this .gif you can see almost the Heisei Versions exact silhouette in the cloud of dust.
frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Jul 23rd, 2007, 12:21 PM       
People have been throwin' around all sorts of rumors.

Some have said it's a giant lion, because that's what the dude says at one point, though it's not totally clear.

Some even say it's Satan.

But what I know for sure is that the whole movie is going to be shot from the perspective of people with camcorders at parties and such. Just average dudes.

And maybe slusho.jp is part of an ARG.
Banned
ArrowX sucks
Old Jul 23rd, 2007, 01:00 PM       
the slusho thing was confirmed as part of the marketing, and theres a few more that apparently haven't been found out yet. The original idea I had for the movie turned otu wrong, the Parasite isn't involved in this in any way. But it would have been sweet to see some alien parasite take over various forms of life and have the monster take multiple forms.

The "its a lion/alive" line is the biggest controversy because lots of poeple are saying its a Voltron movie, but thats being made by a different studio.
frappez le cochon rouge
Old Jul 23rd, 2007, 01:51 PM       
It'd be an awesome Chimera.
The Wolf
Zomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contest
Old Jul 23rd, 2007, 02:44 PM       
Looks good. Apparently it has squid legs and a horse head :O

That was very funny. Well done.
Banned
ArrowX sucks
Old Jul 23rd, 2007, 05:59 PM       
its a great idea for a movie but if there doing it all from street level personal camera it makes me wonder if its gonna end up being another transformers where you can't make out 2/3rds of the action sequences. Because when I think monster movie I think kicking buildings down and mass carnage.

SPOILERS

it seems some owner of the ferris wheel at coney island let the cat out of the bag

"It's about an alien that wipes out all of New York City," says one of the owners, who wants to remain anonymous. "The footage is taken the day before everyone dies. A bunch of kids come to Coney Island with a video camera. The movie is a flashback to that day."
Ringmonster
J. Tithonus Pednaud is probably a spambot
Old Jul 24th, 2007, 09:43 AM       
I'm really hoping it's a take on Lovecraft's Cthulhu. but that's likely wishful thinking. Regardless, right now this is looking real cool. I hope that the documentary feel is kept throughout the film and suspense is utilized rather than the 'look at the big CGI monster smash stuff' approach.

Last edited by J. Tithonus Pednaud : Jul 24th, 2007 at 12:23 PM.
Banned
ArrowX sucks
Old Jul 24th, 2007, 09:54 AM       
I agree wholeheartedly, it would be cool to get a few real clear shots of the monster every now and again but not to the point where it seems like the monster is dogging the main group. But at leas one scene of the military vs the monster is required.
The Goddamned Batman
Protoclown is probably a spambot
Old Jul 24th, 2007, 11:28 AM       
Yeah, Cthulhu, or at least a monster clearly based on Cthulhu, would be fucking awesome.
Banned
ArrowX sucks
Old Jul 24th, 2007, 11:40 AM       
Cthulhu would be cool but wouldn't he tower over new york? But something along the lines would be pretty sweet.
Ringmonster
Old Jul 24th, 2007, 12:25 PM       
It would be most awesome, but, like I said - I'm not getting my hopes up as this can go really wrong really fast. The Statue of Liberty head in the trailer was borderline cliche and corny, for example.
Banned
noob3 is probably a spambot
Old Jul 24th, 2007, 01:27 PM       
fuck cliche & corny, new york destruction is as cliche as it gets anyway so you can't really complain abotu the head! dude, any movie where you can hear something huge scream always gets me excited. like in war of the worlds, when you could hear the horn of the tripods... oooh !
The Wolf
Zomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contest
Old Jul 24th, 2007, 01:53 PM       
Yeah, I'm all for that kinda shit too. Apparently there's a rather large group hoping for the cthulhu thing too. I doubt it'd happen, but maaaan it would be cool.

Ringmonster
Old Jul 24th, 2007, 02:56 PM       
The statue imagery has just been used in so many trailers that's all. Mel Brooks lampooned the Planet of the Apes Liberty head in Spaceballs, 20 years ago, it's officially a corny cliche. I'm just saying that IMHO the trailer would have been better without it.

I'm hoping this isn't just another 'watch New York get destroyed' flick. I sort have hopes that it will be character driven or at least that documentary style shown in the trailer. That was what made me interested in the trailer anyway. I'm hoping this is a real drama - with a monster or whatever the hell it is.
Banned
ArrowX sucks
Old Jul 24th, 2007, 03:34 PM       
there is apparently a blog with the monsters description on it, I found it but all it says was that it looked like the combination of a lions head and squid.
frappez le cochon rouge
Old Jul 24th, 2007, 06:25 PM       
This is gonna look scary.
Banned
noob3 is probably a spambot
Old Jul 25th, 2007, 12:26 AM       
blair witch project meets monster movie

come on guys it's a good concept ^___^ we get to get down into the gritty despair & anguish & fear :0 not just some gay dude in a lizard suit wrecking a building!!! hopefully it will have a thirst for FLESH
Banned
ArrowX sucks
Old Jul 25th, 2007, 09:44 AM       
Its title and more details are to be revealed at ComiCon this week.

EDIT TO ZOMBOIDS POST BELOW:

I noticed the frequency of my posts in this thread and when I noticed that I was pissed for not just editing this into my last post.

Last edited by ArrowX : Jul 25th, 2007 at 04:51 PM.
The Wolf
Old Jul 25th, 2007, 03:27 PM       
Arrowx can you maybe not reply to every single post?

Fartin's biggest fan
Perndog is probably a spambot
Old Jul 26th, 2007, 10:18 AM       
OKay, fine, it's not genuinely Godzilla because of licensing problems, but it's the same damn thing anyway.
Banned
ArrowX sucks
Old Jul 26th, 2007, 01:27 PM       

This picture was cropped from a batch of cell phone pics taken in some store in hollywood.

EDIT: The title "monstrous" has since been dropped and this poster was show at comic-con today with no title so it nameless again.

At this point I like 1-18-08 as the official title.

Last edited by ArrowX : Jul 27th, 2007 at 01:01 AM.