Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Philosophy, Politics, and News
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Mocker
Big Papa Goat is probably a spambot
Old Sep 14th, 2003, 01:30 AM       
There is hardly a world war going on now. Stateless Middle Eastern Islamic extremists vs US and whoever wants to go along with them. I mean, Britain is only going to be involved in this until they hold an election, and does Australia or the Phillipenes really make it the entire world, or even close enough to warrant such terminology? And like I said, they're fighting against stateless terrorists, so there aren't really any other nations involved. And the Cold War was not WWIII, it was the Cold War.
And keep talking about how intellectuals and liberals are the same thing as communists, if you say it enough times it will be true. Dumbass.

punkgrrrlie10 is probably a spambot
Old Sep 14th, 2003, 04:38 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by VinceZeb
People with IQs over 29 with any interest in the world usually will tell you that WWIII was the Western World vs Communism, mainly U.S. vs Soviet Union. WWIV is the Islamic terrorists groups vs U.S., Israel, Britian, the Philipines, and a few other countries.

And punkgirl, if you really don't know anything about what the hell you are talking about, I STRONGLY advise you to stay out of these conversations. We did not train the Taliban. We trained a seperate group. The Al-Queda did not use commando tactics with ak-47s to destroy the World Trade Center. They flew planes into them. A 8 year old that just watched Con Air could have thought of that. We did train people to fight the Soviets... 20+ years ago. Those people were not the ones we are fighting now. Some of them are, but it is not the same group. So please, just go back to spelling your name in the trendy riot grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrl way.
Oh so we didn't train Osama Bin Laden at all? Um, right.
BANNED

kahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contest
Old Sep 14th, 2003, 06:00 PM       
IM A COMMUNIST. IN SOVIET RUSSIA YOU DONT POST IN THREAD, THREAD POSTS YOU.

O71394658 is probably a spambot
Old Sep 14th, 2003, 06:09 PM       
:/
Resident Chimp
AChimp is probably a real personAChimp is probably a real person
Old Sep 15th, 2003, 12:14 AM       
Quote:
We did not train the Taliban. We trained a seperate group.
Hahaha! I didn't notice this until punkgrrrlie quoted it.

Don't you think it's weird, Vinth, at how many of the members of that "separate group" are in the Taliban or associated with terrorist organizations? It's like finding out one day that your Mouseketeer club card also counts as NRA membership.
Mocker
The_Rorschach is probably a spambot
Old Sep 15th, 2003, 12:49 AM       
"We did not train the Taliban. We trained a seperate group"

In 1979, Russia invaded Afghanistan facing resistance only from the CIA and Pakistan's ISI (Inter Services Intelligence). The two conspired to inspire in Afghanistan a resistance movement which would militarily cripple the Soviets by expanding their national civil defenses into an offensive holy war, an Islamic Jihad, which would turn Moslem countries within the Soviet Union into flash fires of insurrection. They were more successful than their wildest dreams could ever have predicted. Over the years, through the ISI, the CIA funded and recruited almost 130,000 mojahedin from 40 Islamic countries. The grunt mojahedin left totally and utterly clueless that their lives were actually being sacrificed on behalf of US interests.

Then in 1989, after a decade of profitless hostilities the Soviets withdrew leaving a ruined civilization in their wake however someone appears to have the left the keys in the war machine and it stayed running.

The Jihad spread to Chechnya, Kosovo and eventually to Kashmir. The CIA continued to lend support with money and military equipment, Congress, however, was always a problem. The CIA required liquid assets that didn't necessitate accounting for. Solution? The mojahedin ordered farmers to plant opium as a "revolutionary tax." The ISI aided operations which produced hundreds of heroin laboratories across Afghanistan. Within two years of the CIA's plan for profit, the Pakistan- Afghanistan borderland had become the biggest producer of heroin in the world, and the single biggest source of the heroin on American streets. The annual profits, said to be between $100bn and $200bn, were ploughed back into training and arming militants.

The CIA manipulated events in order to dispose Iran's premier in 1953 with an operation which would would become the blueprint for a succession of CIA plots to forment coups and destabilize governments during the rest of the Cold War - including the agency's successful coup in Guatemala in 1954 and the disastrous Cuban intervention effort known as the Bay of Pigs in 1961. Forty years ago, the CIA, under Kennedy, conducted its own regime change in Baghdad, carried out in collaboration with Saddam Hussein. A mere decade ago the US emplaced the Taliban in power within Afghanistan.

Vince go study your history, beginning with these two articles:

A Tyrant 40 Years in the Making - Roger Morris; New York Times: Mar. 14, 2003

A Superpower's Sorrow, Comeuppance - Richard Boudreaux; LA Times: Sep. 13, 2001

VinceZeb is probably a spambot
Old Sep 15th, 2003, 07:44 AM       
You put history and the New York Times in the same sentence without putting "lied about" or "false" anywhere in the statement.

Do you believe everything Michael Moore puts on fim as well.

Go back to impressing the liberal college students, twit, because you don't impress the adults. I've heard the argument before and it's a strech at best. Even if we trained Osama to fight the Soviet Union, that doesn't mean shit. We have trained a lot of people to fight a threat before because it was the main one in front of us. We don't have the magic liberal crystal ball like you all seem to do that says "Well, we shouldn't train them becuase they may go to a couple other people, make a new group, and then attack us 20+ years later". If this were the case, why didn't Clinton in his 8 years of office take care of him after he attacked our bases and ships, hmmmmm?
The Moxie Nerve Food Tonic
mburbank has disabled reputation
Old Sep 15th, 2003, 10:10 AM       
The scariest thing about Bi-polar disorder?

The lower the low, the higher the high.
Supa Soviet Missil Mastar
Zhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's army
Old Sep 15th, 2003, 10:30 AM       
Quote:
Go back to impressing the liberal college students, twit, because you don't impress the adults.
Yikes! I thought you were only a kid. How old are you?

I do in part agree with vince, I don't think the USSR collapsing was directly the result of the Afghan war.
Mocker
The_Rorschach is probably a spambot
Old Sep 15th, 2003, 10:37 AM       
"You put history and the New York Times in the same sentence without putting "lied about" or "false" anywhere in the statement."

Obviously you neglected to read either article. I simply said to start there, not to stop. They were to give you an idea of where you should begin investigating. . .Although, I must admit your response amuses me somewhat. Tell me, what did the US do during this 'third world war' aside from stockpiling weapons if what I propose is truly without merit?

"Do you believe everything Michael Moore puts on fim as well."

I don't belive anything Michael Moore puts on film, but even if I took every word which fell from his celluloid as Gospel truth, it wouldn't have any bearing on this conversation.

"Even if we trained Osama to fight the Soviet Union, that doesn't mean shit."

It does mean you're wrong.

"If this were the case, why didn't Clinton in his 8 years of office take care of him after he attacked our bases and ships, hmmmmm?"

President Clinton ordered airstrikes against suspected training bases in Afghanistan in 1998, and pressured Unocal to give up its pipeline project which would bring more revenue to the financially starved region. The Clinton administration did not have any excuse to act until after two U.S. embassies in East Africa were bombed by Bin Laden.

EDIT:
"I don't think the USSR collapsing was directly the result of the Afghan war."

And where did I say that. I was only outlining the influence the US has wielded within the ME, and also why, as one cannot discuss the actions of a nation without first establishing a plausible explanation.
The Moxie Nerve Food Tonic
mburbank has disabled reputation
Old Sep 15th, 2003, 11:10 AM       
Shach... You are dealing with someone who thinks, if it even can be called that, on only the simplest level.

The cold war was WWIII because Vinth read that somewhere and it jived with his bizarre personal world view. That's all he, nd you, need to know. As the man himslef says, 'simple as that'.

A 'world war' is not the name commonly agreed on as the name of two historical conflicts, it is a phrase with a speciffic though undefined deffinition, and that deffinition belongs to Vinth.

Somewhere in that poorly lit lizard brain some criterion along the lines of "A World War is a War in which many countries fought".

In Vinth's sad little dementia, almost everyone agrees with him because it's so obvious to him, everyone must. You don't need to read or research or think, that's all been done for you, pre-chewed for easy digestion on a select number of websites.
Supa Soviet Missil Mastar
Zhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's army
Old Sep 15th, 2003, 11:25 AM       
Quote:
And where did I say that. I was only outlining the influence the US has wielded within the ME, and also why, as one cannot discuss the actions of a nation without first establishing a plausible explanation.
I think punkgrlie insinuated that the collapse was at least in part due to the afghans:

Quote:
Originally Posted by punkgrrrlie10
Quote:
Originally Posted by VinceZeb
WWIII was between the your god, communism, and the United States. It was won by Ronald Reagan and the U.S. in the early 90s, to the disdain of liberals everywhere.

When the Soviet Union went tits-up, I'm suprised academics and media elities werent commiting mass suicide.
And yet was a result of us arming and training afghanis to help the USSR collapse....what was the end result of that??
But sometimes I just like to put forward what I think on the matter without having to answer someone.
Mocker
The One and Only... is probably a spambot
Old Sep 15th, 2003, 04:19 PM       
Whatever you do, just don't let people make you think we armed Iraq.

We supplied less than 1% of their weapons.