Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Music
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Jun 8th, 2010, 07:19 AM       
...Pause at the Beginning
Aaarg is probably pretty okAaarg is probably pretty okAaarg is probably pretty okAaarg is probably pretty ok
Old Jun 11th, 2010, 09:03 AM       
Ancient Mariner
Grislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contest
Old Jun 12th, 2010, 05:33 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guitar Woman View Post
Yeah, I don't appreciate paying to listen to assholes wank themselves raw for an hour
"SONGS LIKE FOREVER MAN, AFTER MIDNIGHT, AND ROCK AND ROLL HEART ARE FAR TOO DRAWN OUT AND MUSICALLY COMPLICATED FOR MY TASTES."

can't really defend hendrix on that point, though

Quote:
I rather liked Ozzy/Dio/Sabbath at one point. Then I stopped being 14.
"At one point" being a year and a half ago.
Drugs+drugs+rock+roll
Guitar Woman is probably a real personGuitar Woman is probably a real person
Old Jun 12th, 2010, 08:30 AM       
Danzig really cememted my realization that metal was retarded, mostly by refusing to sing about anything other than Satan and his super best pals. Not that Danzig's solo work generally sucking shit had something to do with it!

Come to think of it, I stopped liking metal at the same time I realized Pink Floyd sucked a prolapsed anus, this cannot be anything but the rapid onset of maturity trying to purge myself of faggotry as I become a manly man

Deep Purple's still neat, though. There must be a scientific explanation for how they've got a keyboard in nearly every song but avoid being gay.
Aaarg is probably pretty okAaarg is probably pretty okAaarg is probably pretty okAaarg is probably pretty ok
Old Jun 12th, 2010, 09:05 AM       
no offense but you have a trout mask replica image in your signature.

safe as milk is awesome. trout mask replica is garbage, and i don't care how many big-name people think it's something great.

but yeah. metal sucks and pink floyd mostly sucks (fuck off, meddle is great) and glenn danzig is glenn fucking danzig.

i checked in on him to see what he's doing, after making a joke about black aria iii. turns out he's working on black aria iii. fuck. i was joking, for fuck's sake! also he's working on a new album, apparently with the help of hank williams iii.

music is shit.
Drugs+drugs+rock+roll
Old Jun 12th, 2010, 09:19 AM       
Trout Mask Replica's first half is sorta shitty, but from China Pig onward it's pretty good. Even after multiple listenings I've failed to hear what it's trying to come together as; usually that'll happen with confusing double albums after I've dismissed them as generally mediocre. It's definitely not my favorite Beefheart album, I just like the cover art, Sugar n' Spikes, and Veteran's Day Poppy a whole lot.

Bat Chain Puller, on the other hand, is a fucking mad good album. Probably one of my all-time favorites, definitely the best thing Beefheart ever did. Safe as Milk is good, too. I like that all the alternate Strictly Personal songs on the bonus edition are better than the ones they ended up releasing.

Last edited by Guitar Woman : Jun 12th, 2010 at 10:00 AM.
Drugs+drugs+rock+roll
Old Jun 12th, 2010, 09:30 AM       
IT'S THE BLIMP, FRANK, IT'S THE BLIMP!

WHEN I SEE YA FLOATIN' DOWN THE GUTTER, I'LL GIVE YA A BOTTLE'A WINE!
frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Jun 12th, 2010, 11:25 AM       
I'm getting back into Pink Floyd. I listened to it way too much when I was 12/13 or so. Same thing with Led Zeppelin.

Electric Wizard is so badass.
Ancient Mariner
Grislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contest
Old Jun 12th, 2010, 11:32 AM       
Quote:
Deep Purple's still neat, though. There must be a scientific explanation for how they've got a keyboard in nearly every song but avoid being gay.
a sustained, simplistic, and lingering blues influence paired with a raw, gritty style and good riff work, plus a large number of unrecognized classics like stormbringer, lady double dealer, speed king, and black night will keep your interest for a little while until you suddenly "get over it", briefly become interested in EXTREMELY seventies-period white druggie blues like tommy bolin's private eyes album and atomic rooster's Death Walks Behind You, at which point you will either to continue to fixate on blues/rock and end up with a love of contemporary blues-(ish) artists like Jackie Green and, possibly Clutch if you also veer into Thin Lizzy/lynyrd skynyrd/molly hatchet territory; or you will enact a personal rebellion and reject the blues harder than a Pat boone fan hating on thelonius monk and further develop your love for shit contemporary like the White Stripes, Modest Mouse, and Coldplay, possibly stumbling onto decent Art-pop bands like Trotsky icepick and pride yourself on "discovering" them
☆☆☆☆☆
Tadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contest
Old Jun 12th, 2010, 11:51 AM       
Fucking Hispter Fagholes
Ancient Mariner
Old Jun 12th, 2010, 11:57 AM       
:corneliusbear
frappez le cochon rouge
Old Jun 12th, 2010, 12:00 PM       
ugh douchechills
Drugs+drugs+rock+roll
Old Jun 12th, 2010, 12:05 PM       
I like music that sounds good quit hating

I don't like claiming to discover bands, usually I "start listening" to them

I mean, I've probably said I've discovered a band before, but I submit that it's asinine

That's like how Colombus said he discovered America despite the fact that people were there already
Ancient Mariner
Old Jun 12th, 2010, 12:07 PM       
Eminem, Lady Gaga, and country music fans also expect us to believe them when they say that
frappez le cochon rouge
Old Jun 12th, 2010, 08:08 PM       
I've really discovered a few guys, especially DJs that are making it kinda sorta big lately. It's weird when you hear some really epic sounds and see that they've only been played only a hundred other times.
Ancient Mariner
Old Jun 12th, 2010, 08:17 PM       
BEFORE

Quote:
I just listen to music that sounds good

AFTER

Quote:
I like music that sounds good quit hating

I don't like claiming to discover bands, usually I "start listening" to them

I mean, I've probably said I've discovered a band before, but I submit that it's asinine

That's like how Colombus said he discovered America despite the fact that people were there already
EDIT POWERS ACTIVATE
Ancient Mariner
Old Jun 12th, 2010, 08:22 PM       
QUIT HATING, GUYS

Temporarily back on topic I'm actually backing up Aarg's choice at the moment, he's gotten me hooked
Old Jun 12th, 2010, 10:22 PM       
john fahey? awesome, the dude was great.

dance of death and other plantation favorites is probably my favorite album of his, so check that out if you aren't familiar (even if only for the title track). also, "dry bones in the valley" is an awesome song on an otherwise... different album. it's on an album that has a few guitar duets and then a few songs with a "dixieland jug band" (though the songs they do are good, just... different).

also, currently really enjoying:
Drugs+drugs+rock+roll
Old Jun 13th, 2010, 07:40 AM       
Yeah, adding to the content of a post rather than directly changing anything deserves to be called attention to, I just can't get my story straight
rockfuckcunt
bigtimecow is probably pretty okbigtimecow is probably pretty okbigtimecow is probably pretty ok
Old Jun 15th, 2010, 11:53 AM       

and

The Glum Cunt
k0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contest
Old Jun 15th, 2010, 05:44 PM       
My favorite album of every moment...since it came out when I was in highschool...

BOO! A SPOOPY GHOST :x
Esuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contest
Old Jun 15th, 2010, 07:02 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaarg View Post
also, currently really enjoying:
This album is solid, but there's something about Eno that makes me really tired of listening to his albums even if I've only heard it twice (Taking Tiger Mountain, Before and After Science). Here Comes the Warm Jets is my favorite, but there's dozens of other albums I'd pick over it.

The guitar solo on Baby's On Fire is orgasmic, though

TomWritesAboutStuff.com - The #1 Worst Blog
Old Jun 16th, 2010, 02:39 PM       
I only know that one and Taking Tiger Mountain, and I like both of them.

I'm trying not to get too much of his stuff, I'm trying to stick with the old ones so I don't ruin his image in my mind. It's why I refuse to listen to much more Elvis Costello than I already have, haha.
BOO! A SPOOPY GHOST :x
Esuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contest
Old Jun 16th, 2010, 02:47 PM       
I went through an Elvis Costello phase that ended pretty quickly after it started

TomWritesAboutStuff.com - The #1 Worst Blog
YOU GUYS ARE DOING GREAT
Rez is probably a spambot
Old Jun 23rd, 2010, 12:51 PM