Originally Posted by AChimp
I am slowly changing my mind about WoW. All my friends are playing it and keep talking about it and I wanna play now.
SOMEONE GIVE ME FIVE GOOD REASONS WHY I SHOULD GET THIS GAME.
1. Set in the Warcraft world, there is a rich story that continues to develop as you play the game.
2. You're not babied when you start out. You are given skills right at the start (for magic users, at least), and you're fighting actual monsters and enemies right away. No stabbing rats and chickens for the first couple hours.
3. The game looks beautiful.
4. The quests are usually pretty interesting. Even if a lot of them boil down to "kill this enemy type and/or collect X amount of this item" the concepts are still varied enough to keep it interesting. On top of which, utilizing the Warcraft story helps you feel like there IS a purpose to completing all these quests. And there are a lot of quests to be had.
5. Peer pressure. Everyone else is playing it, so you must too.