Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > General Blabber
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

View Poll Results: What is your opiniopn on the furry fandom?
They're misunderstood 3 16.67%
Meh 2 11.11%
They creep me out 8 44.44%
KILL THEM ALL!!! 5 27.78%
Voters: 18. You may not vote on this poll

90's Child is probably a spambot
Old May 21st, 2009, 12:49 AM        What is your opinion on the Furry fandom?
For some reason, being a very much unliked member of this forum, I have decided to open this can of worms. My mind works in such stupid ways sometimes. Anyway, I want to hear what you think of the most strange and most hated fandom on the internet (I'd especially like to hear your opinion on them).

Of course, this thread will probably lead to an inferno of hatred as a foregone conclusion, because this is a humor site, and the conculsion of most humor sites towards furries seem to be "We will come into their houses, slit their throats, set them on fire, beat them to death and piss on the ashes"

But, well, In my opinion, I think that they're misunderstood, weird but harmless and not the societal deviants who should be hunted down and burnt at the stake that everone else seems to think of them as. I think the whole perversion aspect (which is why everyone hates them from what I can see, and most other reasons seem to be all pointing towards "You're weird, so you must be destroyed") in itself isn't all that creepy conceptually, weird yes but not creepy, having to do more with attractive, humanoid nonhumans than what most of you think of when you first hear what the fetish is. It's not al ltaht horrifying conceptually, it just becomes creepy and depraved when you add in other disturbing fetishes. Look up the words "futanari+furry" or "Cub+furry", and you'll see what horrors I speak of. {shiver}

Of course, it's probably going to be hard to do an intelligent conversation about this subject when you all will start napalming (like flaming, only a million times worse) me as soon as this topic gets up.

PS. And no, I am not a fucking furry. I like werewolves for the shapeshifting and empowerment aspects, but I hold no delusions of non-human-ness. Furries are just another unusual subculture to me, albeit one that has vague links to my intrests.
PPS. Misdemonar, BabalityPancakes, if you have nothing constructive or intresting or even remotely civil to say in this topic, then SHUT YOUR FACEHOLES. I mean, Tadao is critical, but he has the decency to be civil about.
BOO! A SPOOPY GHOST :x
Esuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contest
Old May 21st, 2009, 01:02 AM       
I'm not reading your post.

Furries are like every other individual who, because of the internet, find a community that shares the same sick interests and are encouraged to think of it as OK because they are not alone. There are also communities out there for people who eat poop and for people who wear diapers. Furries are just like them.

Also I might have to run your post through the machine to see if you pass the BAN test, sir.

TomWritesAboutStuff.com - The #1 Worst Blog
taco loving zombie
darkvare is probably pretty okdarkvare is probably pretty okdarkvare is probably pretty ok
Old May 21st, 2009, 01:14 AM       
you are not supossed to open up here you are supossed to act like an a hole dude

SANTO el enmascarado de plata
Queen of the Beasts
Jeanette X is probably a spambot
Old May 21st, 2009, 01:38 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Esuohlim View Post
I'm not reading your post.

Furries are like every other individual who, because of the internet, find a community that shares the same sick interests and are encouraged to think of it as OK because they are not alone. There are also communities out there for people who eat poop and for people who wear diapers. Furries are just like them.

Also I might have to run your post through the machine to see if you pass the BAN test, sir.
You do know that furry doesn't neccessarily equal fetishist, right?
Esuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contest
Old May 21st, 2009, 02:59 AM       
I didn't intend to equate it to fetishism, it's just hard to find other examples of my point that aren't sexual. I guess maybe communities of furries can also be just like communities of people who blow up cats with firecrackers and communities of people who dress up as anime characters. Antisocial behavior that's accepted by a small group of people so they think they're normal and relatable, idk. I had a creepy friend in my senior year of high school who was obsessed with all things Sonic the Hedgehog. Stuff like that weirds me all hell of out

The Wolf
Zomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contest
Old May 21st, 2009, 01:20 PM       
YET ANOTHER GREAT THREAD FROM 90s CHILD.

That was very funny. Well done.
Salticidae!
b_squared is probably a real personb_squared is probably a real person
Old May 21st, 2009, 03:32 PM       
Furries seem like confused people who are uncomfortable with themselfs. Taking on the identity of an animal allows them to escape from themselfs instead of confronting their internal problems / issues.

And they creep me out.
Näyttelijäbotti!
Pub Lover is probably pretty okPub Lover is probably pretty okPub Lover is probably pretty okPub Lover is probably pretty okPub Lover is probably pretty ok
Old May 21st, 2009, 09:54 PM       
The concept sounds like I could get off doing it, but I have yet to meet a hot furry, so I guess only ugly dudes are into it and I just need a mirror if I want to see that shit.

I base my opinion on years of waiting for Cheetara to take her leotard back off as a boy. Any one else seen the Thundercats pilot? Totally hot.
Old May 21st, 2009, 10:11 PM       
Whoops I slipped and posted seriously in a thread.

I'll keep that impulse in check next time

Näyttelijäbotti!
Pub Lover is probably pretty okPub Lover is probably pretty okPub Lover is probably pretty okPub Lover is probably pretty okPub Lover is probably pretty ok
Old May 21st, 2009, 10:16 PM       
What is your spirit animal, Esuohlim?

And would you fuck it?
☆☆☆☆☆
Tadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contest
Old May 21st, 2009, 10:18 PM       
I demand to know who voted for what.
Amicable Herculean
captain516 is probably a real personcaptain516 is probably a real person
Old May 21st, 2009, 10:21 PM       
Eh, as long as they have the decency to act normal around ME, i have no problem with them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 90's Child View Post
PPS. Misdemonar, BabalityPancakes, if you have nothing constructive or intresting or even remotely civil to say in this topic, then SHUT YOUR FACEHOLES.
BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Watch out guys! you better not make fun of him, or else he'll tell you to shut up!
Näyttelijäbotti!
Old May 21st, 2009, 10:24 PM       
Stroking your leg and whispering in your ear is normal, right?

Also, not showering for weeks on end?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tadao View Post
I demand to know who voted for what.
What happened to the names being listed next to the votes?

I didn't.
Amicable Herculean
captain516 is probably a real personcaptain516 is probably a real person
Old May 21st, 2009, 10:32 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pub Lover View Post
Stroking your leg and whispering in your ear is normal, right?
it is for me, that's how my family greets each other.
☆☆☆☆☆
Tadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contest
Old May 21st, 2009, 10:43 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by 90's Child View Post
Tadao is critical, but he has the decency to be civil about.
Yeah you fags.
IWORKFORTHEMAN:MAN
Misdemonar is probably a spambot
Old May 21st, 2009, 11:46 PM       
DID SOMEONE JUST CALL
Egg
Dixie has joined BAPE's armyDixie has joined BAPE's armyDixie has joined BAPE's armyDixie has joined BAPE's armyDixie has joined BAPE's armyDixie has joined BAPE's army
Old May 22nd, 2009, 12:18 AM       
i hated you the instant i saw your name
something about "90s child" screamed "BEAT ME UP"

furries just creep me out.
it's like inches away from bestiality

now i expect one of you to post the picture of the anime chicks kissing the horse.
i don't have all day now.
☆☆☆☆☆
Old May 22nd, 2009, 12:31 AM       
Egg
Dixie has joined BAPE's armyDixie has joined BAPE's armyDixie has joined BAPE's armyDixie has joined BAPE's armyDixie has joined BAPE's armyDixie has joined BAPE's army
Old May 22nd, 2009, 12:35 AM       
how disappointing
Role Assigner
MattJack has joined BAPE's armyMattJack has joined BAPE's armyMattJack has joined BAPE's armyMattJack has joined BAPE's armyMattJack has joined BAPE's armyMattJack has joined BAPE's army
Old May 22nd, 2009, 12:40 AM       
i wanna ride that shi* all night long : pedoooooooooooooooooooo
☆☆☆☆☆
Old May 22nd, 2009, 12:46 AM       
I can't post the one I want to.
☆☆☆☆☆
Old May 22nd, 2009, 12:48 AM       
Egg
Old May 22nd, 2009, 01:07 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tadao View Post
I can't post the one I want to.
oh yeah i forgot.

The Unicorn
Sam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contest
Old May 22nd, 2009, 01:13 AM       
ugh
☆☆☆☆☆
Old May 22nd, 2009, 01:18 AM       
SAMTEHFURRY