Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Gaming 'n Toys
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

TERRIBLE BEAT
soundtest is probably a spambot
Old Aug 5th, 2003, 07:13 PM        Game Review
I was walking around my new neighbourhood today and noticed that I live minutes from Ubi Soft. I checked their website and it appears that they are hiring game testers. They request that with your resume, you send in a one page critique of a game. This sounds simple enough but I'm drawing a complete blank... anybody have any ideas of what game I should write a critique of? One of theirs? Or is this baited?

Arts & Farts
Krythor is probably a real personKrythor is probably a real person
Old Aug 5th, 2003, 07:19 PM       
Anything that you'd have alot to say about.
Maybe something slightly obscure, so that they don't suspect you've gone through professionally written game reviews for something to say on yours.
A really crappy game with a few glitches would probably be useful too, so that you could rant about awful level design and poor AI. They'd like that.

FS is probably a spambot
Old Aug 6th, 2003, 04:35 AM       
Be sure that when you write criticism about aspects of a game, you give a detailed explanation of what needs to be changed and maybe even how you think it should be changed.

That might be a redundant tip. Oh well. Good luck.
Mocker
Cap'n Crunch is probably a spambot
Old Aug 6th, 2003, 06:14 AM       
I read a website of a guy that tested games. It's not the kind of tested like if you were playing a fighting game, you just play the game. What they really want you to do is not play the game at all, and try to find bugs and glitches. :/ Ask them which kind of testing it is.

Do a critique of one of the Rayman games.
UNODIR
KILLADEUCE sucks
Old Aug 6th, 2003, 10:33 AM       
Ubi soft has produced all types of games, notably the Rainbow six series type shit if i recall correctly... Thats a good question in terms of the Baiting... I dunno i would whip up something you were proud of, regardless of the made the game. IF it has appeal and you feel it has substance send it in, or hell post it here so we can all rip it to shreds-
Son of a Sandworm??!
timrpgland is probably a spambot
Old Aug 6th, 2003, 11:39 AM       
I know someone who works at Ubi Soft. He is a community relations manager there. Used to be in a guild with him and another that works at Wolfpack (shadowbane).

Like people already said, just write about something you feel most comfortable with and can talk about.

XBOX LIVE: KefkaGrim
TERRIBLE BEAT
soundtest is probably a spambot
Old Aug 6th, 2003, 03:36 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cap'n Crunch
I read a website of a guy that tested games. It's not the kind of tested like if you were playing a fighting game, you just play the game. What they really want you to do is not play the game at all, and try to find bugs and glitches. :/ Ask them which kind of testing it is.
Umm yea that's usually what testing is. It's probably not all fun, but it's a foot in the industry.

tim: Montreal office?

I'm going to try and write a review of Capcom vs SNK 2:EO for XBox. :/ It's a decent enough game that I won't have to bash it completely, yet I can easily point out its flaws and offer alternatives that would make for a better gaming experience. Thanks for the tips and advice everyone.
Son of a Sandworm??!
timrpgland is probably a spambot
Old Aug 6th, 2003, 04:11 PM       
soundtest: No clue which office man since I only know him from online, I never asked where. I can find out though. It would be cool if it was the same place. His online name is Vosx and if you ever visited SBVault, you'd know who I'm talking about.

XBOX LIVE: KefkaGrim