Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Miscellaneous Forums > Questions, Suggestions, and Tech Support
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
was never good
Chojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contest
Old Nov 19th, 2007, 12:34 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Gularis View Post
Thanks for clarifying that 'people who have been around for years' don't have to follow them. I get how things work now.
Sassiness aside, you also can't play internet referee with every rule. The people who have been here for years do get preferential treatment, yes. That's the way any intelligent establishment operates. You may even find that your local McDonalds operates on the same principle!

Quote:
He is the one who showed up in my PM box which was the last straw for me and it sounds like you might take that somewhat seriously.
Post the PMs from both sides. I find it curious that you keep alluding to these PMs but won't show any examples.

Quote:
I really don't consider an 'Ignore List' to be a substitute for responsible moderation. The 'ignore list' is pretty much putting one's head in the sand, you can't watch your back like that.
Think about what you're actually saying here. If you can't hear him, why would you care? Would you care because other people on the forum can still hear him? Do you think if we were to ban him that no one would ever hear his opinion of you? And again, why do you care? Why should I care that you care? This sounds way more like your problem than mine or anyone else's.

You have the means by which to solve this problem yourself, you just want internet justice to be served. I think that's more immature than anything Guitar Woman has done in your thread (though probably not during the entirety of his tenure).

Quote:
You say you don't want to see new people leave- sorry, I am so not very convinced! I've seen several come and go in the short month+ I've been here- always after Guitar Woman or his posse called them various combinations of 'stupid, ugly,faggot, awful, fucked up', etc. These attacks are unwarranted and unfunny. Obviously they can't get the difference between a humorous and tasteful mock and just plain mean shit-talk.
I agree to an extent. At the same time, we've always been a self-filtering community, and I don't think we should abandon that entirely either.

Quote:
Thanks for telling me how things really are here Chojin, I do appreciate your candor. If I have further problems I'll be sure to let you know- somehow I don't foresee that happening.
It is impossible to sum up any forum's culture in a couple of paragraphs. This would be the reason that most people lurk before posting. Would you be upset if you went to France, only to find out that nobody spoke English? Would you alert the prime minister to deport your concierge? It does say right on the travel brochure that they're a friendly, fanciful people.

I'm really very curious as to how you feel things should be run instead. So far, I've deduced that we need to ban guitar woman and anyone else who doesn't use their indoor voice, because ignore features are for the birds.