Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Philosophy, Politics, and News
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Supa Soviet Missil Mastar
Zhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's army
Old Dec 14th, 2003, 08:02 AM        'We Got 'im'
http://edition.cnn.com/2003/WORLD/me...ain/index.html

Yes, they certainly have.

Saddam has been captured right in time for the 2004 elections, I'd say.

THE WAR IS OVER! The Terrorism will put down their weapons and surender!

Rejoice!
Mocker
The One and Only... is probably a spambot
Old Dec 14th, 2003, 08:59 AM       
You can bet Bush is going to be elected now.
Slim Goodbody
Supafly345 is probably a real personSupafly345 is probably a real person
Old Dec 14th, 2003, 09:20 AM       
Ahem, you obviously are not aware of the sad democratic canidates that are in the delegate race. Bush already had it. This just sealed the deal. Someone sounds like a bitter liberal wanting to put all of a person's forthcomings upon pure chance. Not that Bush did anything himself to be great, just that he doesn't have any competition.
Damn I can't stand the filtered bias and government competetiveness these "political prodegies" are having. It is skewing your veiw of the end of a manhunt, into another mark on the political scorechart between rival parties.
Just be happy its done with.
Zhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's army
Old Dec 14th, 2003, 09:33 AM       
Fuck you Supafly354! And fuck the Teachers Union!
Slim Goodbody
Supafly345 is probably a real personSupafly345 is probably a real person
Old Dec 14th, 2003, 09:38 AM       
Fine, I give up.
Resident Chimp
AChimp is probably a real personAChimp is probably a real person
Old Dec 14th, 2003, 10:40 AM       
They're going to have to present a little bit of evidence to make sure that this is the REAL Saddam Hussein, and not just one of his body doubles.

But yeah, the timing is impeccable. I wouldn't be surprised if they've known for a long time where he was, and just waited for more opportunistic time to capture one of him.
The Goddamned Batman
Protoclown is probably a spambot
Old Dec 14th, 2003, 11:08 AM       
A lot can happen in a year. Bush still has plenty of time to fuck more things up. I really don't think he'll be re-elected.

Once people see that capturing Saddam changes NOTHING, I don't think it will be the big deal that Bush and his administration are going to make it out to be.
Queen of the Beasts
Jeanette X is probably a spambot
Old Dec 14th, 2003, 11:11 AM       
Well at least we got the fucker so he can stand trial.

Anonymous is probably a spambot
Old Dec 14th, 2003, 11:18 AM       
Yeah, and with Osama bin Laden alive, but no longer considered a threat by the governement, the situation in Iraq is bound to improve.
Mocker
KevinTheOmnivore is probably a spambot
Old Dec 14th, 2003, 11:28 AM       
Since we're already talking about elections....I think it's up to the American people to be smart about this. They caught him. Cool. They did something they said they would do.

Now the questions the voters need to be asking themselves is, does this make us safer? Does this end international terrorism, or hinder it? Does this even effect "the terrorists"? etc. etc.

We'll see. I'm sure his approval polls will be very high for a while now.
Old Dec 14th, 2003, 11:35 AM       
I think a question people should be thinking about is 'how will this effect the resistance?'

I'll have to think about for awhile myself.

Although Saddam with his long scruffy beard looks like he's been living in a hole - maybe not as much resistance orginising and support from him as was at first thought.
Mocker
Old Dec 14th, 2003, 11:38 AM       
You trust the American people to be smart? If that were the case, we would not have a President from either of the two major parties, particularly the Democratic one.

Face it: the Democrats are like headless chickens running around now. The Reps have passed the Medicare bill, ousted a ruthless dictator who possibly threatened the US, and have increased funding in government programs of nearly all flavors. In addition, I am banking that the economy makes a major turnaround in 04' thanks to Mr. Greenspan's agressive recession policies. The only tactic that Democrats have left is to recycle issues with the Patriot Act and try to spur "hate Bush" sentiments. It's over, mockers; it has been over for a long time.
Mocker
El Blanco is probably a spambot
Old Dec 14th, 2003, 11:44 AM       
Why exactly is this great political timing? Our presidential elections aren't for another year.

Now, if we dig up the flattened remains of Ossama the day before the election, thats pretty damned good timing.

Anyway, now that we got him, what do we do with him?
Mocker
KevinTheOmnivore is probably a spambot
Old Dec 14th, 2003, 12:04 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by The One and Only...
You trust the American people to be smart? If that were the case, we would not have a President from either of the two major parties, particularly the Democratic one.
Why? Not that I disagree necessarily, I'm just interested in an expansion of this argument......

Quote:
Face it: the Democrats are like headless chickens running around now. The Reps have passed the Medicare bill, ousted a ruthless dictator who possibly threatened the US, and have increased funding in government programs of nearly all flavors. In addition, I am banking that the economy makes a major turnaround in 04' thanks to Mr. Greenspan's agressive recession policies. The only tactic that Democrats have left is to recycle issues with the Patriot Act and try to spur "hate Bush" sentiments. It's over, mockers; it has been over for a long time.
Since politics is more often about perception that actual substance, I'm inclined to agree with you. I think the McGovern/Dean comparisons are a bit ridiculous, but I do believe Bush can beat anybody right now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Blanco
Anyway, now that we got him, what do we do with him?
"Oi say we cook him, eat 'im, an' have they BEST Christmas EVA!!"

:achristmascarol
derrida is probably a spambot
Old Dec 14th, 2003, 12:05 PM       
MISSION ACCOMPLISHED
Suck 'n' Fuck is probably a spambot
Old Dec 14th, 2003, 12:14 PM       
Important questions: Do you think the armed resistance against the occupying soldiers in Iraq will decrease? Why or why not?

I think it will stay about the same, or possibly increase. As someone said earlier, Saddam looks like he's been living in some hole in the ground. I don't think he was organizing or co-ordinating any resistance efforts against the occupation in Iraq because that would require high tech communications equipment like cell phones, laptopswith internet connections, etc. If Saddam was using that kind of equipment to organize a resistance, then the US would have caught him way sooner because they would have intercepted the signals.

Do you think that this will reduce violence in the Middle East or global "terrorism?" Why or why not?

I think that it will not affect the level of violence on the Middle east, or the amount of global "terrorism." Saddam Hussien , or the former Baathist government of Iraq had no links to Al Qaeda. Osama called Saddam an infidel in one of bin Laden's videos. It's obvious they hate each other and there is very little chance that they would form an alliance.

I'm not sure if the Baathist gov't or Saddam was supporting any other terrorist in the Middle east or elsewhere in the world. I haven't hear5d anything about that, so I won't say anything about that for now. If anybody knows if this is true or false, could they link me to a story from a reputable site?

Discuss.

Edit: I wonder if he'll get a trial, and if he will get one, will it be a fair trial?
Mocker
ScruU2wice is probably a spambot
Old Dec 14th, 2003, 12:23 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Blanco
Why exactly is this great political timing? Our presidential elections aren't for another year.
Well there was heated debate over bush's policy to not award contracts to nation outside the coalition. Showing american forces completing one of the main objectives of the war shut them up. I also find it too convenient to characterize Saddam by saying that he tried to commit suicide though he was taken completely by suprise and reportedly in shock. Now all they need to do is find WMD close to election time and bush steals another election

I doubt this is going to change anything in iraq, and buch admits it himself. Saddam could not have coordinated the attacks on coalition forces so those attacks will continue. Some people feared the return of Saddam and now they are going to question why the US are still there. And the people who support Saddam aren't just going to quit and neither are going to be the people who have no affiliation with saddam and just a vendetta against america.

Furthermore the reason bush scared us into war was the fact that america was going to attack us with WMD. and those haven't been found (yet). The capture of saddam will not neutralize that threat, if it exists.

We can't say what effect these events will have on the future with such a narrow scope right now but all i can say is there is no complete victory...

Unfortunately, the combination of all these things and the narrow grasp of world affairs by the american people, has solidified another bush victory in 2004
Mocker

Abcdxxxx is probably a spambot
Old Dec 14th, 2003, 12:32 PM       
"I'm not sure if the Baathist gov't or Saddam was supporting any other terrorist in the Middle east or elsewhere in the world. I haven't hear5d anything about that, so I won't say anything about that for now."

Seriously, you need to spend a lot of time on google. Saddam had plenty to do with plenty of terrorists all over the place. It's never even been disputed that Saddam financed the occupation of Lebanon, and housed a country club full of guys like Abu Nidal.

The Baathist party are still alive and well operating in Syria, which is still a hotbed of terrorist activity.

A huge part of the resistance was from Syria and Iran, so it's going to heat up if anything. Meanwhile, we're still not going after the Saudi's.
Mocker
Old Dec 14th, 2003, 01:05 PM       
Quote:
Well there was heated debate over bush's policy to not award contracts to nation outside the coalition.
Amongst political pundits. I honestly haven't come across these arguments anywhere but on message boiards and political talk shows. At work, social situations, etc etd, I personally haven't found people discussing it. It leads me to believe that average people don't see this as a big issue. But, thats just me. There may be plenty of people talking it up over their frappacinos.

Quote:
Now all they need to do is find WMD close to election time and bush steals another election
Thats it, now I have to start another thread about this. He never "stole" 2000.
Mocker
Old Dec 14th, 2003, 01:18 PM       
i was just playing with words bush one the election fair and square i know that. the system just works that way and bitching about it will do nothing.

But just because people people haven't been talking about bush's policy with reconstruction contracts doesn't mean its not an issue bugging the white house. Criticism over the bush's policy, and haliburtons admitted overpricing in iraq, makes this a pretty oppertune time to announce the capture of saddam
Mocker
Old Dec 14th, 2003, 01:28 PM       
And on the topic of body doubles:

A few weeks after he goes into hiding, all of his body doubles have been gathered to a secret meeting. Saddam's rep starts the meeting and they get down to bussiness. "I have good news and bad news."

The doubles all groan.

"The good news: Saddam is still alive so you all still have your jobs."

The doubles rejoice.

"The bad news: He lost an arm."
DON'T F WITH ME
HickMan is probably pretty okHickMan is probably pretty okHickMan is probably pretty okHickMan is probably pretty okHickMan is probably pretty ok
Old Dec 14th, 2003, 01:43 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Protoclown
A lot can happen in a year. Bush still has plenty of time to fuck more things up. I really don't think he'll be re-elected.

Once people see that capturing Saddam changes NOTHING, I don't think it will be the big deal that Bush and his administration are going to make it out to be.
I think people will only see that "WE GOT THAT FUCKER!" and not look past that. I think Bush will be the president for another term because people are misinformed and are ignorant.
Mocker
Old Dec 14th, 2003, 01:52 PM       
misinformed or uninformed
Mocker
Old Dec 14th, 2003, 02:07 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinTheHerbivore
Why? Not that I disagree necessarily, I'm just interested in an expansion of this argument......
Because several smaller parties hold opinions closer to various individuals than the two dominant ones.

Take, for example, the Republican Party. How many ideologically moderate libertarians and conservatives voted for Bush despite better suited alternatives (i.e. Reform Party, Libertarian Party)?

Now, the reason I mention the Democratic Party is due to the fact that it does not have a very well established base as far as political theory. The Republican Party does: it has favored neoconservativism in recent years. The DP has a greater variety - environmentalists and supporters of big labor are both left-wing, but sometimes come into conflict.

I think that a few dominant, broad parties would arise out of the chaos that followed so as to ensure enough support to be strong. On the other hand, I think that a few of them would be very different from the ones that we have now.
I Love Llamas
MisSFiT is probably a spambot
Old Dec 14th, 2003, 03:16 PM       
Of course there will be retailiation against the U.S. for the few people that truly believed in Sadam. But were they doing it because they were afraid?

Only time will tell if the Gorrilla Warefare will slow down and hopefully cease altogether.

I hope the people of Iraq will realize what a great accomplishment this is and move forward.

We are all just one step toward One World Government!!
I can't wait!