Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Movies & Television
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Jebus is probably a spambot
Old May 2nd, 2003, 08:33 PM        XMEN 3 (SPOILER THREAD, DO NOT READ IF YOU HAVE NOT SEEN X2)
Just wanted to see how you all thought the third movie was going to be about. Obviously the pheonix is in it but wasn't the pheonix saga like all in outer space and shit? Or do you think they will do the whole Dark Phoenix thing?
Mocker
theapportioner is probably a spambot
Old May 2nd, 2003, 10:03 PM       
They shouldn't do all that stuff with the Shi'ar. Too 'out there' (pun intended), and too huge a jump away from the mutant/human conflict that colors the first two movies. Keep out Apocalypse/Mr. Sinister/Cable until later, though a cameo may be appropriate depending on how the story goes. I say bring in Emma Frost and the other folks in the Hellfire Club as the baddies, have phoenix get corrupted, but keep out the outer space shit. And even though Dark Phoenix kills herself, Jean doesn't need to die for the second time in two movies, IMO.
The Goddamned Batman
Protoclown is probably a spambot
Old May 3rd, 2003, 12:57 AM       
I agree with Apportioner. They can do the Phoenix saga without all the outer space shit.
The Wolf
Zomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contest
Old May 3rd, 2003, 01:18 AM       
Personally, I found the phoenix saga kinda boring...I mean, it was interesting, but compared to some of the other shit they could do it's kinda tame.

I actually want them to bring in apocalypse, mr sinister and cable. I think they're some of the most interesting characters and you all know that if done right, apocalypse could be a cooler live action villain than vader.

That was very funny. Well done.

Grazzt is probably a spambot
Old May 3rd, 2003, 01:23 AM       
NO FUCKING CABLE
The Goddamned Batman
Old May 3rd, 2003, 02:07 AM       
I'll second that. Cable sucks, as do all of Rob Liefeld's creations.

Apocalypse and Mr. Sinister would be way too fucking ridiculous on the big screen. Hell, Mr. Sinister is almost too damn ridiculous for a comic book.

Professor Cool is probably a spambot
Old May 3rd, 2003, 02:13 AM       
I remember Iceman and Bishop used to bitch alot in the Apocalypse Saga. And there's too much to intoduce before doing it.

And Cabel does suck.

As for a villian, i think Garok should do nicely.
The Wolf
Zomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contest
Old May 3rd, 2003, 02:49 AM       
You people suck.

Mr Sinister kicks ass. A guy who can regenerate and experiments on mutants can't not be interesting.

And cable is a lot more interesting than most of the other characters they could introduce.

Mocker
Old May 3rd, 2003, 07:54 AM       
Mr. Sinister does kick ass. But, not now. Maybe a cameo role as Dr, Nathaniel Essex. Maybe a cameo for a baby Nate Summers at the end of X3, too.
The Goddamned Batman
Old May 3rd, 2003, 01:05 PM       
Zomboid...his name is Mr. SINISTER. How gay is that??

Old May 3rd, 2003, 01:06 PM       
Cable fucked up comics in the early 90s. Maybe we should make a Youngblood movie, Zomboid?

FS is probably a spambot
Old May 3rd, 2003, 03:51 PM       
I think they could make Sinister look awesome, considering what they've done with characters so far. Not saying they should put him in, not saying they shouldn't.

Anyway, I think it's a given that they won't try to include the Shi'Ar, Queen Lilandra and the M'Kron crystal into a story about Dark Phoenix, because all those alien characters look fucking ridiculous, people would bitch about it being a rip-off of other sci-fi stories, and of course it would make no sense alltogether to the average moviegoer - here's the conflict between man and mutant. BOOM, here's outer space and a battle for the universe.

I really hope Dark Phoenix will NOT be the main storyline of X3. I just don't think the X-men fighting Jean will make for an exciting enough movie.
The Wolf
Old May 3rd, 2003, 04:11 PM       
Ok, ok. How bout we all agree with apportioner's idea of the cameos? I'd be happy just hearing prof X mention him at one part. Also baby summers could be a cool idea.

MR SINISTER AND CABLE RULE

Edit: I agree with fs about phoenix/jean grey. It would be pretty boring to do something like that when they could have one of the other villains or storylines involved.

FS is probably a spambot
Old May 3rd, 2003, 04:22 PM       
Yeah, when I say "not the main storyline" I don't mean to rule it out alltogether, but I'd prefer to see it as a sidestory.

Something like Dark Phoenix naively joining whichever villain shows up in X3.
Mocker
Old May 3rd, 2003, 04:54 PM       
Which is why they'll involve the Hellfire Club and Sentinels as well, if I speculate correctly.

Dark Phoenix already had ties to the HC by being corrupted by them and becoming the Black Queen, and Sebastian Shaw, the Black King (who according to IMDB had a cameo), was involved in the Sentinels project. Dark Phoenix, White Queen, Shaw, Sentinels... enough action for you???

FS is probably a spambot
Old May 3rd, 2003, 06:51 PM       
Well, speaking from a personal point of view, I never much liked the Hellfire club. Buncha weirdos in 17th (?) century clothes with weird powers - like that guy who can influence the weight of people.
The Wolf
Old May 3rd, 2003, 06:57 PM       
Is that the one with the magneto lite kinda guy and mastermind? Cause if so, they fucking suck and I hate them

Mocker
Old May 3rd, 2003, 08:57 PM       
Other than Emma Frost, they're a bunch of losers, but they're the most logical choice as villains, IMO, providing the storyline for Jean's corruption and the introduction of the Sentinels, which needs to be done. Could be worse -- they could fight the Blob.
Asspunch McGruf
Skulhedface is probably a spambot
Old May 3rd, 2003, 09:22 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by FS
Anyway, I think it's a given that they won't try to include the Shi'Ar, Queen Lilandra and the M'Kron crystal into a story about Dark Phoenix, because all those alien characters look fucking ridiculous, people would bitch about it being a rip-off of other sci-fi stories, and of course it would make no sense alltogether to the average moviegoer - here's the conflict between man and mutant. BOOM, here's outer space and a battle for the universe.
Going slightly off-topic, this would be why although I'd like to see it, it would be a big mistake to put Venom and Carnage in the Spider-Man movies. If they stayed too faithful to the comics, they'd have Spidey in space as well (being a comic nerd but not ubergeek, I seem to recall that Spidey got the symbiote during the Infinity Wars or something equally as "universal", which took place at the very least away from Earth)

As long as X-men avoids the sci-fi, it should be alright.

Sinister would make a good villain, but also that would seem to assume that they'd throw Cable in for good measure, and that would just piss me off. The only place Cable works is Marvel Vs Capcom 2, and that's if you're a cheap bastard.
The Wolf
Old May 4th, 2003, 12:04 AM       
Shutup skull. You don't need cable for sinister.

The Goddamned Batman
Old May 4th, 2003, 12:57 AM       
Cable is one of the worst things that ever happened to the X-Men comics. What a fucking horrible and flat character.

FS is probably a spambot
Old May 4th, 2003, 05:41 AM       
Quote:
Going slightly off-topic, this would be why although I'd like to see it, it would be a big mistake to put Venom and Carnage in the Spider-Man movies. If they stayed too faithful to the comics, they'd have Spidey in space as well (being a comic nerd but not ubergeek, I seem to recall that Spidey got the symbiote during the Infinity Wars or something equally as "universal", which took place at the very least away from Earth)
Yeah, but just like how they don't need to have the whole business of the M'Kron crystal to do the Dark Phoenix story (by solving it otherwise, saying that Phoenix is more like an ultimate manifestation of Jean's powers - I'm guessing), they wouldn't need to have the Secret Wars (if I remember correctly) to show Spidey getting the symbiont. I do think that if they'd give him the symbiont in a movie, they'd have to wait till at least the next movie to make Venom show up. Otherwise things would go too fast - Spidey gets his symbiont, finds out it's not all it's cracked up to be, gets rid of it again, Venom is born, etc.
Asspunch McGruf
Skulhedface is probably a spambot
Old May 4th, 2003, 06:15 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zomboid
I know you don't, but it's going to happen. Either that or Stryfe, which is equally as bad.

You don't read X-Men too much, do you?

Besides, for ANY of them, they'd have to go DEEP into Cyclops' character since all of them basically involve him.

Old May 4th, 2003, 06:29 PM       
Sorry Zomboid. Marvel regret ever letting Rob Liefeld touch a typewriter and pen. Cable is the worst thing to happen to comics, not just X-Men.

I HAVE GUNS WOW!

That's basically the whole character.
The Wolf
Old May 4th, 2003, 07:29 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skulhedface
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zomboid
I know you don't, but it's going to happen. Either that or Stryfe, which is equally as bad.

You don't read X-Men too much, do you?

Besides, for ANY of them, they'd have to go DEEP into Cyclops' character since all of them basically involve him.
No, apocalypse doesn't need sinister for his reason to infect the summers kid and stryfe has pretty much no fucking need to be there at all.

Btw, go fuck yourself.