Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Philosophy, Politics, and News
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

The Unseen is probably a spambot
Old Jan 26th, 2004, 01:28 PM        Dennis Kucinich
He was at the college at the town I live in last night.
Opening up for Kucinich was the guitarist from the Dave Mathews band
Then after kucnich made his speech he played these bongo drums and all these people got on the stage and danced with him (Including me )

The only bad part was that the whole place was filled with FILTHY FUCKING HIPPIES who wouldn't stop breakdancing during the local MC's. /
The Moxie Nerve Food Tonic
mburbank has disabled reputation
Old Jan 26th, 2004, 02:14 PM       
Okay, I know I'm really, really old, old enough to even remember for real hippies, but when hippies start breakdancing can they really lay any claim at all to hippiedom anymore?

I mean, if I dress as a skinhead, but hand promote racial tolerance and belong to a swingdanceing club, I'm not a skinhead, am I?

Becuase if I am that's what I want to do.
Old Jan 26th, 2004, 02:24 PM       
Most skinheads aren't racist. There's subcategories of them.
Mostly, skinhead is about working class pride.

Nazi skins and Boneheads are the bad ones

Actually, you're pretty much right, all the good skinheads are just punks that dress stupid
The Moxie Nerve Food Tonic
mburbank has disabled reputation
Old Jan 26th, 2004, 02:55 PM       
Well, see now, this is what I'm saying, though it's in the form of whiney middle aged crankiness, but it seems to me, a style comes in that in some way is actually indicative of something. Good, bad, whatever, when folks started wearing long hair, little blue glasses and tie die shirts, you could be pretty sure none of them were voting for goldwater. I look at your icon, and when the guy I see in it's look was new, you might not know much, but you'd know he wasn't into politics , he listened to a certain type of music and he wasn't aganst sudden displays of unprovoked, unpredicatble violence. Dudes in white ployesteher suits at one point were unlikely to tell you disco sucked or Cocaine was a filthy habbit.

But fifteen to twenty years later the nostlagia wave catches up and after that from then on it's a free for all. And it's always folks with some disposable income. In my neck of the woods (Massachusettes) in Harvard square and Newburyport, disaffected offspring of reasonably well off parents congragate and resemble some sort of poorly acted social studies pageant attempting (and failing) to depict the march of fashion.

I tell you, it's no use learning the semiotics of a given moment. I can't understand a word those "Hip Hoppers" say! And Get the HELL OFF MY DAMN LAWN!
Level 29 ♂
Emu is probably a real personEmu is probably a real person
Old Jan 26th, 2004, 03:41 PM       
No self-respecting hippie would ever breakdance. In fact, nobody should breakdance, period.
Old Jan 26th, 2004, 06:51 PM       
I think that's because some jerk decided to say "Hey, man, our scence's not so bad! Give it a chance!" and brought it out to all sorts of people.

That's the only way I could explain "Christian Punk"

In a culture based on stereotypes it's hard to get to know people different from yourself.
aka Don Henley
Bobo Adobo is probably a spambot
Old Jan 27th, 2004, 03:47 AM        Re: Dennis Kucinich
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Unseen
Opening up for Kucinich was the guitarist from the Dave Mathews band
l
Dave Mathews is the only guitarist from Dave Mathews Band. THe guy yor thinking of is probably Tim Reynolds, who sucks too. Hippies don't listen to Tim Reynolds.
Slim Goodbody
Supafly345 is probably a real personSupafly345 is probably a real person
Old Jan 27th, 2004, 05:00 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Unseen
Most skinheads aren't racist. There's subcategories of them.
Mostly, skinhead is about working class pride.

Nazi skins and Boneheads are the bad ones
You do know of course that Skinheads are a faction of neo-nazis, not the other way around, right? And if you have met some, I assume they were American, and wimps. Skinheads believe they are the master race, even above white people- Germans aren't white anymore, they are German. And this is why only germans can be skinhead, leaving the large subsidaries of american skinheads whom are friendly to the world, as being fake. Wannabes who are not worthy of being in the master race, so they form wheir own sad version of it just so they can belong to something where you can be angry and hate everything for no real good reason.

I sure am glad I have my last name as a membership card to the real thing. I never leave home without it.