Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Gaming 'n Toys
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

was never good
Chojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contest
Old Jul 12th, 2007, 12:05 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fathom Zero View Post
And if you played a game or two on another console, you realize that some games don't need gimmicky controls to be really fun.
And he does mean some. Specifically, big tough marine guy with gun game #64, half-naked kung fu chicks game #42, and ultra-cool designer racing game #112. These experiences can be yours for the low, low price of $2000, when you include the price of the television you'll need to buy to accomodate these amazing advances in entertainment. But you're right - the Wii's biggest problem right now is gimmicky motion controls, conceived by developers who either shit out a port or a spin-off of an established title and load it up with minigames. It's the games that include movement that genuinely enhances gameplay as opposed to replacing button presses - such as Wii Sports, Tony Hawk's Downhill Jam, Resident Evil 4, Bust-A-Move Bash, Kororinpa, et al, and fresh experiences like those are what most people like about the Wii.

But about the topic, I've gotten a shit-ton of mileage out of the Virtual Console and Internet Channel, and WiiWare is a natural progression of the work that Steam started and is ultimately where game distribution is going anyway, while HD-DVD and Blu-ray fight their ironic format war over who gets to dominate their irrelevant market.