Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Gaming 'n Toys
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Fucking Finland
RaNkeri is probably a spambot
Old May 25th, 2007, 06:55 AM        Resident Evil: Umbrella Chronicles for Wii
They're making quite good looking shooter game for Wii known as Resident Evil: Umbrella Chronicles.

Quote:
story will be told from Umbrella's point of view and shed more light on the company's activities and its downfall, with the official trailer's motto being "Witness the end of Umbrella". Albert Wesker will play a very important role. Several mysteries from past games will be explained through documents the player can find. All characters from the first and third Resident Evil titles will appear in their respective stages. So far only Chris Redfield, Jill Valentine, Albert Wesker, Carlos Oliveira, Rebecca Chambers, and Billy Coen have been shown.
Game trailers can be seen in here:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=yXThr060y94
http://youtube.com/watch?v=v2d1AS0tv7s

And game play footage can be seen in here:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=sh_-jvhascE

Sure, the voice acting isn't so great and I wonder why they didn't use the same voice actors they used in GC remake, but otherwise that game looks awesome. Imagine how great that game would be if it would have a co-op mode.

Makes me want to buy myself a Wii, but I guess I should wait and pray that they make a PC version :/
Pickled Patriarch
Mockery is probably a real personMockery is probably a real person
Old May 25th, 2007, 02:07 PM       
Quote:
There is a chance that Umbrella Chronicles can be played by more than a single person. Asked about a multiplayer mode, the producer responded: "We're still looking into it so I really can't say anything definite right now."
It's not due out 'til November, so I'd say that's plenty of time for them to make sure 2 people can play it just like with House of the Dead. They'd be fools not to do that. The game looks great though, would love to play that with the Wii-mote.
frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old May 25th, 2007, 10:29 PM       
I approve of this more than the shitty repackaging of RE4. Come on, why would anyone replace the laser sight with a gawdy reticle?
Slim Goodbody
Supafly345 is probably a real personSupafly345 is probably a real person
Old May 26th, 2007, 02:29 AM       
This looks pretty cool. It will be even cooler if there are like a million different routs possible.
Title
Jeff The Ninja is probably a spambot
Old May 26th, 2007, 01:51 PM       
Looks Sweet. Do you think Nintendo will release a Lightgun Addon for the Wiimote. As in a handle and Trigger that clips on to the bottom of the Wiimote. Think of the possibilities, House of the Dead, Lethal Enforcers, Area 51 and Terminator 2 on the Wii. It would be awesome.

Founder of the E.P.O.A.E.P.I.C.A.P.H.W.H. Looking for Recruits

XBL Gamertag: KING HATESTAR
taco loving zombie
darkvare is probably pretty okdarkvare is probably pretty okdarkvare is probably pretty ok
Old May 27th, 2007, 10:33 AM       
i like this idea but i think the add on should be like a shotgun since the trigger is in te front of the wii-mote

SANTO el enmascarado de plata
I hate this hacker crap!
MarioRPG is probably a real personMarioRPG is probably a real person
Old May 28th, 2007, 09:08 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkvare View Post
i like this idea but i think the add on should be like a shotgun since the trigger is in te front of the wii-mote
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wii_Remote#Zapper Kinda like that?

But I don't know about this. I'll obviously try it, but I just don't know if it'll be long enough to warrant a buy.

LOVE, YOUR FIJIAN HOST DAD
Fucking Finland
Old May 29th, 2007, 03:00 AM       
Quote:
But I don't know about this. I'll obviously try it, but I just don't know if it'll be long enough to warrant a buy
Well, the game is so far told to go through the scenes of resident evil zero, resident evil and resident evil 3, so I'd say that it should have reasonable length. Although I don't know will the game have any puzzles that would require time(you have to run between places A and B then go to C to get to D), the ammount of action could replace all of them. (Just imagine how much you're ought to fight in Raccoon city)

What I'd want to know is that will the player be able to control the character, or will the game character move on his own, while the player must take care of shooting the zombies.

Last edited by RaNkeri : May 29th, 2007 at 03:39 AM.
Fucking Finland
Old Jul 11th, 2007, 05:26 PM       
Well, since I'm going to buy a Wii with my friend, I curiously checked if there's anything new about Umbrella Chronicles. Might be old news, but here's some info from Wikipedia:

Quote:
According to IGN's "Gamer's Day" hands-on report, the Wii remote will control the pointer, while the analog stick on the nunchuk will also orient where the player is looking. The player must also use the gun sight to locate such items as green herbs which will automatically recover the players health to a small degree, or other weapons to aid you while fighting. The player can use the D-Pad to swap weapons on the fly, but they will vanish completely if all ammo is depleted.
A recent magazine article has revealed that the player will choose two of the available characters when they start a different section of the game but it is unknown how the two characters will interact. It was also revealed that there will be a wide selection of weapons including grenades, and rockets to go with the more familiar weapons like the hand gun.
According to the July edition of Japanese gaming magazine Weekly Famitsu, the game will support a 2-player cooperative mode. In July 2007 the official website was updated with a new trailer showing co-op game play.
Also, new trailer has been released: http://youtube.com/watch?v=RHH8Tk0A9pU

That's all
Charming
Dr. V is probably a spambot
Old Jul 11th, 2007, 10:13 PM       
This looks damn fine. I'd rather play this than RE5.
was never good
Chojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contest
Old Jul 12th, 2007, 12:21 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fathom Zero View Post
I approve of this more than the shitty repackaging of RE4. Come on, why would anyone replace the laser sight with a gawdy reticle?
Fuck you, idiot. Have you even played RE4 on Wii? And your problem is that the reticle is gawdy, despite it being a million times more useful? DO YOU HAVE ANY TIPS FOR PILLOWCASES FATHOM ZERO I JUST CAN NOT GET THEM TO MATCH WITH MY BEDROOM SET PERHAPS YOU COULD RECOMMEND ME SOME DECORATIVE BOULDERS WITH MY MONOGRAM

Truth be told, I just wanted to post to say "fuck you, idiot."

Also this will be yet another Wii game that I buy at launch :<
frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Jul 12th, 2007, 12:48 AM       
Actually, I was just blowing hot air. I dunno about it being practical or not. I prefer the laser dot.

And my opinion's changed about the Wii since then. I still won't get RE4 because I already have the collector's edition. I am very excited about this game and many to come. I wish I had all three systems because there will probably be good games to go along with the bad games. Huxley for the 360, Umbrella Chronicles for the Wii, and Lair for the PS3.

I suggest paisley as it would match the rest of your decor rather nicely.