Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Philosophy, Politics, and News
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Unmedicated genius
Courage the Cowardly Dog is probably a spambot
Old Aug 30th, 2006, 05:23 PM        Warren Jeffs, this ought to be fun
Nothing like the fundamentalist Mormons. When Brigham young made everyone sign a paper renouncing polygamy in order to make Utah a state and abandon Joseph's Smith's teaching of polygamy Joseph Smith Jr. and John Barlow said no and formed their own church and community.

Composed of nearly 10,000 people (nearly 8,000 of which are direct descendents of one or both of the founders, yes, Jeffs is descendent of Smith)
The communities are known for, aside from polygamy, incest and child marraiges, Bilking the governemtn out of millions of dollars in welfare by claiming these polygamist wives as single mothers, and the practice of blood atonements or the "Danites" which means that if you commit a really bad sin, you should be killed by the church to save your soul, something the regualr LDS church quit doing neary a century ago.

Jeffs married all but 2 of his father's wives making him his own step dad, and declared himself honorary prophet, seer, and revelator of the one true church. Oh and he says black people are how the devil gets evil stuff into the world.

He was on the FBI ten most wanted list with a reward of $100,000 on his head. when he was arrested he had $54,000 on hand. Some accounts say he has as many as 75 wives and 100 children, although there is only legal documentation of 40 or so.

I thought this would be a fun to talk about.
frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Aug 30th, 2006, 05:27 PM       
What's there to talk about? He's a creepy fuck and he should be hung, drawn, and quartered.
Ancient Mariner
Grislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contest
Old Aug 31st, 2006, 11:51 AM       
Sounds like a plan.
Unmedicated genius
Old Aug 31st, 2006, 07:11 PM       
yeah and when we d that one of his 100 kids will be the next leader of the tards. How can we free his cult from following the tard?
Resident Lurker
DuFresne is probably a spambot
Old Aug 31st, 2006, 07:21 PM       
Nuclear weaponry?

Charming
Dr. V is probably a spambot
Old Sep 1st, 2006, 08:52 PM       
This is the shit that makes us normal LDS people look like sickos. The church does NOT support these people in any form. They're sick and should be put in the same bracket as the scientology idiots.
Unmedicated genius
Old Sep 2nd, 2006, 02:01 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Volshurawitz
This is the shit that makes us normal LDS people look like sickos. The church does NOT support these people in any form. They're sick and should be put in the same bracket as the scientology idiots.
amen to that. They broke off from you for a reason, SEVERE religous and moral differences.

I'm a baptist and off fromus broke the Pentacostals who at the time practiced snakehandling and still roll ont he floor, claim to be "dead in the spirit" and speak jibberish and claim it to be prophecy from god in an unknown tongue.

Couldn't be more different.
Charming
Dr. V is probably a spambot
Old Sep 3rd, 2006, 04:45 AM       
I'm just waiting for someone to be like "Hey you're like that guy Warren Jeffs huh?" Or "Do you have like 5 moms or something?"