Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Philosophy, Politics, and News
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Mocker

Abcdxxxx is probably a spambot
Old Sep 2nd, 2006, 04:24 AM       
Isla Vista?! Bwahahahhaha

Okay, let's talk about the Isla Vista riots of 1970. Santa Barbara wasn't Berkeley. It wasn't Kent State either. It was just a bunch of fucking posers doing some Days of Rage imitation. The SDS self imploded once the movement turned to riots and other hissy fit stunts to get their message across. The kids who ended up at Isla Vista were like the casting central version of "hippie dissidents".

There were all sorts of riots around that time. I wouldn't brag about jumping in to fuck shit up when you were 16, hitting the infrastructure of somebody elses town, if I were you. What happened to Isla Vista as a result? I mean, how'd it effect the towns business to attack a Real Estate office and a Bank? You got a town filled with head shops that couldn't pay their rent. You got some burn-out town full of fake ass social consciousness, and you helped nail the coffin into the movement. Utopia, huh! It helped to create this activist lifestyle persona where ignorant kids like Geggy can mash Maoism, with Redneck White supremacy into one big hackey sack. Oh yeah and you got a food coop too! Radical!

To say it was all to challenge corporate corruption is a load of bullshit. Wasn't it really because a teacher got beat up? Some black kid used a cuss word? The Chicago 7 trial and Kuntsler's provocations? Was it because of the war? Was it because Reagan was a bastard, and Kent State really got you all riled up? I dunno, was it because Mick Jagger wore that really groovy cape to Altamont? If you got a real revolution you would have got yourself some fucking sidewalks. Maybe you'll even get that monument in Perfect Park to honor stupid teenagers getting rowdy under the guise of politics.

conus is probably a spambot
Old Sep 2nd, 2006, 06:49 AM       
Another moron. In the first place, as I stated, by the end it was simply revenge-- a reaction to the typically heavy handed police repression of the time. I never claimed the majority of the participants, as revolutionaries, were anything to write home about. It sounds as if you believe the SDS and Days of Rage participants were the real thing, rather than some spoiled white children who didn't give a fuck one way or another that three million Vietnamese were being slaughtered by American pigs. All they knew was that they didn't want to get drafted. There were a few kids whose hearts were in the right place and had loose ideas behind their protest, but, again, by the end of that three-week period it was just revenge and genuine fear of the murderous American pigs.

At sixteen I had been in America for all of about one year. I am a white American citizen whose parents lived in the Philippines between 1954, when I was born, and 1969, when we moved back here. Growing up so close to the war and knowing I would soon be in America and 18, I had been keeping an eye on it pretty closely. With me it was more a concern about the what was happening in Vietnam than a fear of getting drafted. I didn't (and don't) feel any allegiance to these Americans, and I've never really feared them. If worse came to worse I could just jump on a plane and go back to the Philippines.

Not long after my introduction to the way things were in America, my hatred for their police was naturally substantial. I went up to IV simply to get a few lumps in, and I did. Whatever the original motives of most of the others in IV, by the end of that three-week period, hatred of the pigs drove people as much as anything else. To tell you the truth, I regret that we were unable to kill a few. It was what should have happened, and there were more than a few who richly deserved it.

But regarding whatever remarks I made about the overall context in which the riots occurred were just that-- a few sentences to give a little context to some moronic American kid who watches television and doesn't know what the fuck Indo-China even was. I was really amused, though, to see that you really believed that, by comparison, in places like Berkeley people were "serious."
Very few people in this country are serious about anything beyond themselves and americans are beginning, just beginning, to reap what they have for so many decades sewn.
Mocker

Abcdxxxx is probably a spambot
Old Sep 2nd, 2006, 01:56 PM       
Uh.

Read my post again. I don't think anyone was all that credible by 1970. While there was some very sincere war protests going on, most of it was foollish to the point that radical leftist politics have yet to recover even today. You missed the bus (and I do mean the tourist bus that cruised through the Haight Ashbury, covering the Life Magazine bullet points). The Days of Rage weren't the real deal, but at least it wasn't some empty gesture by a bunch of pent up suburban kids posing as political. Your riots were the equivalent of moving to San Francisco with a yellow flower in your hair, only about 18 years too late. The fact that you brough this up at all, and tried to school some kid on the inernet with it, like you earned some badge is a fucking joke and a half.

The second joke is that you thought about jumping on a plane to the Phillipines to avoid Vietnam. Moron. The Phillipines gave our country many, many proud veterans. Filipino's were enamored with America.

I'm not even going to touch the part about how you wish some kids killed American civil servants. Thanks for the idiot biography though!!
Mocker
KevinTheOmnivore is probably a spambot
Old Sep 2nd, 2006, 03:37 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chojin
careful man el blanco has a scathing rebuttal prepared gleaned from his 3rd period great civilizations book that will put your real-life experiences to shame
This is bullshit Chojin, b/c this same guy has completely dismissed the REAL LIFE EXPERIENCES of our troops, who have gone through a hell of a lot more than this match lighting pussey.

Conus, you burned a fucking bank and think you did something. Your fucking commie professor got shit canned and you started a fire. Jesus Christ. I knew you were pathetic, but I honestly think you make Geggy look like a rhodes scholar at this point.

And i want my question answered by either you and/or Geggy--Is your primary argument here that all war is bad, so no companies should ever prosper from it, or is it that THIS particular war, and THESE particular corporations are especially rotten and nefarious....?
was never good
Chojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contest
Old Sep 2nd, 2006, 03:57 PM       
I think more people should get really upset in this thread because it is the only joy in my life right now
Mocker
KevinTheOmnivore is probably a spambot
Old Sep 2nd, 2006, 07:05 PM       
I'm sorry.

I just don't think experience was necessarily even relevant to the discussion, and then for conus to throw out some lame protest where they burned a bank and a real estate office, as if that meant anything, got my briefs all in a twister!