Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Gaming 'n Toys
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

...for breakfast?!
Schimid is probably a spambot
Old Jan 10th, 2005, 05:34 AM        Mega Man 3
I needed something to do, because I was still up at 2 AM today and decided that I should stay up until 5, so I could go to school. Better to be tired afterschool than during, I guess.

So I sat up playing Mega Man 3, and I beat it.

What a fucked up game.

Why the fuck doesn't Dr. Light make him stronger? I fought some of these guys and they'd kill me in two hits. Dr. Wily is clearly the superior inventor. Except for Crashman, who explodes at a light breeze.

And the last boss sucked, too. I kept trying to figure out to do, then I just messed around and jumped into him and did the top spin, and I win.

Then they tell you about Proto, which doesn't really make any sense either. How come I didn't hear about him? What was he doing, anyway? Why was he such a douche? Is he obsessive compulsive? Is that why he jumps so much?

Maybe I'm just tired and overanalyzing the game but fuck I hate Dr. Light and why does it mention Roll at the end if we never see her anyway. And who was Dr. Right, that they mentioned in the ending. And why was Break Man just Proto Man with a fashionable bandana.

afoo.
...for breakfast?!
Old Jan 10th, 2005, 05:36 AM       
Hey, look, the censors are gone. :o
...for breakfast?!
Old Jan 10th, 2005, 05:37 AM       
Oh nevermind, there just isn't one for fucked.

You should change it to buggered or something. Or crumpets.
OH GOD
executioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contest
Old Jan 10th, 2005, 06:26 AM       
swindled
God Emperor of Brigadoon

King Hadas is probably pretty okKing Hadas is probably pretty okKing Hadas is probably pretty ok
Old Jan 10th, 2005, 11:17 AM       
bambozzled
Hay Ladiez! Howzit going?
BlueOatmeal is probably a spambot
Old Jan 10th, 2005, 11:28 AM       
razzamatazz!

CALL ME! CALLL MEEE! WHY DON'T YOU CALL THIS NUMBER NOW!678-416-3492 How about it?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emu
What the fuck are you talking about? He loves da ladiez.

Jamesic is probably a spambot
Old Jan 12th, 2005, 04:43 PM        Re: Mega Man 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schimid
I needed something to do, because I was still up at 2 AM today and decided that I should stay up until 5, so I could go to school. Better to be tired afterschool than during, I guess.

What a fucked up game.

Why the chumbawumba doesn't Dr. Light make him stronger? I fought some of these guys and they'd kill me in two hits. Dr. Wily is clearly the superior inventor. Except for Crashman, who explodes at a light breeze.

And the last boss sucked, too. I kept trying to figure out to do, then I just messed around and jumped into him and did the top spin, and I win.

Then they tell you about Proto, which doesn't really make any sense either. How come I didn't hear about him? What was he doing, anyway? Why was he such a douche? Is he obsessive compulsive? Is that why he jumps so much?

Maybe I'm just tired and overanalyzing the game but chumbawumba I hate Dr. Light and why does it mention Roll at the end if we never see her anyway. And who was Dr. Right, that they mentioned in the ending. And why was Break Man just Proto Man with a fashionable bandana.

afoo.
The Mega Man games rule! However, MM3 is my least favourite MM game.

Why doesn't Dr. Light make Mega Man stronger? I don't know, but the high difficulty level is one of the things I love about Mega Man games, so it doesn't bother me at all!

As for the last two questions you gave, Dr. Right is Dr. Light, and in a similar way Break Man and Proto Man are the same character!

Hope that's cleared up a few things...

Old Jan 12th, 2005, 04:49 PM       
Quote:
Proto Man was probably an idea that Capcom (the game's creators) didn't think of until MM3. What was he doing? Probably being mysterious like he usually is!

And Proto Man isn't compulsive. I guess Capcom wanted to make him easy to beat...
Mocker
thebiggameover is probably a spambot
Old Jan 12th, 2005, 05:22 PM       
crazy, i just beat this 2 days ago. the end was bull shit, i couldnt figure out what to use to beat the last dude, so i just killed off all my guys, cont. , then tried everything, finaly just used the top spin, and won. lame....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yggdrasill
The same reason I don't hit kids, i'm not 100% sure thier mine.
Level 29 ♂
Emu is probably a real personEmu is probably a real person
Old Jan 12th, 2005, 06:39 PM       
It's surprising how many people don't know the basic rule of video game uselessness: The shittiest thing you find in the game almost always kills the last boss.
Let's play Hardball!
Seven Force is probably a spambot
Old Jan 13th, 2005, 11:09 AM       
Exerpt from Megaman Network:

Quote:
Proto Man was built by Dr. Light and Dr. Wily as their first robotic achievement. Unfortunately, a glitch was present. When Dr. Light offered to repair it for Proto Man, he refused and ran away from the lab. He wandered on his own during the first events of his younger brother robot Mega Man's life, but was found after Mega had defeated Wily a second time. Wily found and repaired Proto Man, gaining the robot's alleigance from him. Proto Man still did not care to be kept under the boundries of one person, but he payed back the favor to Dr. Wily by serving him. Despite this, he saved Wily's nemesis, his brother, when he was injured during a confrontation in Wily's lab (End of MM3).
What it doesn't say there is that Break Man was Protoman in disguise, so Megaman wouldn't recognize him. He didn't turn good until MM4:

Quote:
Despite this, he saved Wily's nemesis, his brother, when he was injured during a confrontation in Wily's lab. Later, Proto Man betrayed Wily by saving Kalinka Cossack, a young girl the mad doctor had kidnapped as leverage.
I got all of that from Megaman Network, a pretty good fansite about Megaman (an excellent site for the X series ).

http://mmco.megaman-network.com/charbios/protoman.shtml

http://www.megaman-network.com/

Old Jan 13th, 2005, 01:55 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by SevenForceIncUSA
Exerpt from Megaman Network:

Quote:
Proto Man was built by Dr. Light and Dr. Wily as their first robotic achievement. Unfortunately, a glitch was present. When Dr. Light offered to repair it for Proto Man, he refused and ran away from the lab. He wandered on his own during the first events of his younger brother robot Mega Man's life, but was found after Mega had defeated Wily a second time. Wily found and repaired Proto Man, gaining the robot's alleigance from him. Proto Man still did not care to be kept under the boundries of one person, but he payed back the favor to Dr. Wily by serving him. Despite this, he saved Wily's nemesis, his brother, when he was injured during a confrontation in Wily's lab (End of MM3).
What it doesn't say there is that Break Man was Protoman in disguise, so Megaman wouldn't recognize him. He didn't turn good until MM4:

Quote:
Despite this, he saved Wily's nemesis, his brother, when he was injured during a confrontation in Wily's lab. Later, Proto Man betrayed Wily by saving Kalinka Cossack, a young girl the mad doctor had kidnapped as leverage.
I got all of that from Megaman Network, a pretty good fansite about Megaman (an excellent site for the X series ).

http://mmco.megaman-network.com/charbios/protoman.shtml

http://www.megaman-network.com/
The Mega Man Network is the ultimate MMX site, so thank you for reminding me of its existance!
Hay Ladiez! Howzit going?
BlueOatmeal is probably a spambot
Old Jan 13th, 2005, 03:50 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueOatmeal
razzamatazz!
awesome

CALL ME! CALLL MEEE! WHY DON'T YOU CALL THIS NUMBER NOW!678-416-3492 How about it?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emu
What the fuck are you talking about? He loves da ladiez.
Marine is probably a spambot
Old Jan 15th, 2005, 04:08 PM        Re: Mega Man 3
Quote:

What a fucked up game.

Why the chumbawumba doesn't Dr. Light make him stronger? I fought some of these guys and they'd kill me in two hits. Dr. Wily is clearly the superior inventor. Except for Crashman, who explodes at a light breeze.

Maybe I'm just tired and overanalyzing the game but chumbawumba I hate Dr. Light and why does it mention Roll at the end if we never see her anyway. And who was Dr. Right, that they mentioned in the ending. And why was Break Man just Proto Man with a fashionable bandana.

afoo.
it was doktor light who made the enemy robots it was only doktor wily who corrupted them.

Old Jan 15th, 2005, 04:39 PM        Re: Mega Man 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marine
Quote:

What a fucked up game.

afoo.
it was doktor light who made the enemy robots it was only doktor wily who corrupted them.
Dr. Wily currputed the six robot masters from Mega Man 1, but he built all the other robots. That's what I think anyway...
Let's play Hardball!
Old Jan 15th, 2005, 06:27 PM       
This is from Megaman Network, the bold and parenthesis were added by me to clarify incase it's not clear enough.

Mega Man
Released: 1987
Platform: NES
Summary: Dr. Wily turns disloyal and reprograms six powerful humanoid Robot Masters, prompting a young robot boy named Rock to undergo a transformation into Mega Man to bring down the evil scientist.

Mega Man 2
Released: 1988
Summary: Following his first defeat at the hands of Mega Man, Dr. Wily creates eight eight new Robot Masters to challenge the Blue Bomber.

Mega Man 3
Released: 1990
Summary: Dr. Light and Dr. Wily begin working together again, and they call on the help of Mega Man to find power crystals needed to complete their newest peace-keeping project, Gamma. Amidst Mega Man's battles, he encounters a new robot...
(He creates these robots, Wily and Light created Gamma and Wily later took control of that)

Mega Man 4 - In Depth Coverage
Released: 1991
Summary: One year after the destruction of Gamma, a mysterious letter arrives at Dr. Light's lab. Dr. Cossack, a Russian scientist, claims he is the superior robot designer, and will prove it by having his eight creations destroy the Blue Bomber!
(Dr. Cossack made/reprogrammed them)

Mega Man 5 - In Depth Coverage
Released: 1992
Summary: Out of the blue, Proto Man turns evil and kidnaps Dr. Light! Mega Man must uncover why his brother has turned disloyal while at the same time storm his special fortress and take out the newest wave of Robot Masters.
(Dr. Wily made them)

Mega Man 6 - In Depth Coverage
Released: 1993
Summary: Mr. X, mysterious millionaire, stages the first Robot Master Expo to find the world's most powerful robots. But things turn deadly when Mr. X seizes control of the contest and uses the finalists to take over the world!
(As the summary states, he steals the eight robots)

Mega Man 7 - In Depth Coverage
Released: 1995
Platform: Super NES
Summary: With the help of his loyal Robots, Dr. Wily breaks out of jail to continue his mad reign of terror. Mega Man sets out to stop him, encountering a new robot along the way. But is he a friend or a foe?
(Do I need to explain this one?)

Mega Man 8 - In Depth Coverage
Released: 1997
Platform: PlayStation, Saturn
Summary: A meteor from outer space crashes on a remote island, piquing the interest of both Dr. Light and Dr. Wily. Mega Man goes to investigate, but must first fight through Wily's army of Nefarious Robots before he can uncover the meteor's secrets.
(He creates these also)

Mega Man & Bass - In Depth Coverage
Released: 2003
Platform: Game Boy Advance
Summary: When a new robot named King steals all of Dr. Wily's robot data in order to create a Perfect King Army, Mega Man, Bass, and Proto Man must all team up to bring him down.
(Ditto, including King, which turned disloyal because he was programmed to hate ALL humans.)
Let's play Hardball!
Old Jan 15th, 2005, 06:28 PM       
Here's the link:

http://mmco.megaman-network.com/games/main/
...for breakfast?!
Old Jan 15th, 2005, 06:31 PM       
I fucking hate all of you.
Drugs+drugs+rock+roll
Guitar Woman is probably a real personGuitar Woman is probably a real person
Old Jan 16th, 2005, 02:45 AM       
Schimid's right though, Megaman 3 was pretty fucked up.

And you saw roll at the end of MM1, but you probably didn't know who the fuck she was then. :/