Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Philosophy, Politics, and News
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

Kulturkampf is probably a spambot
Old Dec 10th, 2007, 09:25 PM        Al Gore: Rich & Precious For The Environment
You have to love these great crusaders and the charges which they demand. This speaks very well for itself:
Al Gore has come under fire for making personal gain from his mission to save the planet – after charging £3,300 a minute to deliver a poorly received speech.

The former American Vice-President was also accused of being "precious" at the London event, demanding his own VIP room and ejecting journalists, despite hopes the star-studded gathering would generate publicity for the fight against global warming.

Many of the audience at last month's Fortune Forum summit were restless as Mr Gore, who has won both a Nobel Peace Prize and an Oscar for his campaigning work this year, delivered the half-hour speech that netted him £100,000.
Daily Mail

There is such a great amount of irony in all of this -- the jet set crowd of environmentalists lining their pockets from their efforts (no doubt to buy their indulgences, I mean, off sets).

Embarrassing for the left wing -- just as bad as thrice married Rush Limbaugh or adulterous Rudy Giuliani speaking of family values.