Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Philosophy, Politics, and News
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
=======

Preechr is probably a spambot
Old Dec 9th, 2005, 08:18 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Papa Goat
think about languages. language was never planned, and it's complex and diverse. society was never planned either. Am I mistaken to think that you're pro-market, anti-communist? Because then you're probably aware that communist, command economies are planned, and they tend to have a single purpose, and lack diversity or complexity. Market economies have diversity, because they arise from the spontaneous interaction of constituent elements. Kind of like evolution.

And I know you won't tell me that the plan the intelligent entity came up with is so complex that it just approximates spontaneity in all observable ways, and that the purpose He had in mind in designing everything is so infinitely complex that it can't be observed or known either.

I know you're not going to say anything like that, cus thats what some redneck would say.

You may say that it's pretty dumb to base that whole theory seemingly only on human institutions like market and command economies. Seems pretty petty, when talking about such universal issues to use such insignificant examples. Except, supposing there isn't an intelligent design to the entire universe, human beings are in fact the only things to ever intelligently plan things. So the only examples we can reliably have for what planned systems look like have to come from systems we've come up with ourselves.
I missed this one.

Yep. Pro-liberty. I believe all of our decisions are self-interested, whether in a destructive way or not. It's the combination of these decisions that make society and culture. I believe the goal of the individual life is happiness, a big word. Communism as a government style is mass self-destruction. Capitalism as a government style is also self-destructive. "Free-markets" are a form of human interaction, and the concept emulates natural activity. We interact with one another naturally using an intelligent mixture of both types of transaction. Good government should emulate natural activity.

A society which will endure, a formal example of this does not yet exist, will be based on the characteristics of the sort of morality and ethical considerations found in the life of a happy individual. Keep in mind, I have a narrow view of happiness which does not include happy-crazy or happy-cruel. I'm hoping to avoid a big tangent on that, but I'm not too optimistic on that.

How can someone who obviously thinks so much of their ideas have so little respect for expressing them? How can someone who so yearns to be taken seriously make so little effort?!