Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Philosophy, Politics, and News
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Mocker
KevinTheOmnivore is probably a spambot
Old Feb 23rd, 2007, 10:51 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Preechr View Post
Ok, Kevin... I read your link. Y'know, the first thing I realized was that there were no actual quotes from Bush on there. Was that supposed to be Geggy satire?
Right, I mean if his press secretary says it, and his secretary of defense says it, and his assistant secretary of state says it, and so on, well clearly he didn't believe it. That's pretty weak, sorry.
=======

Preechr is probably a spambot
Old Feb 24th, 2007, 05:24 PM       
Quote:
Please name an example of one lie told by Bush.

LIE
Function: noun Etymology: Middle English lige, lie, from Old English lyge; akin to Old High German lugī, Old English lēogan to lie Date: before 12th century 1 a: an assertion of something known or believed by the speaker to be untrue with intent to deceive
That was the question as asked. Geggy says the President has lied to him over and over, and that everybody knows this is true. I'm just asking for an example of his many, many lies. If you want to answer a different question, go right ahead... but maybe you should start a thread on THAT topic rather than trying to hijack this one. Thanks.

How can someone who obviously thinks so much of their ideas have so little respect for expressing them? How can someone who so yearns to be taken seriously make so little effort?!
Mocker
Old Feb 24th, 2007, 05:56 PM       
The Press office in the White House serves as the public mouthpiece for the administration. Hell, since Dubya has probably never personally called Geggy on the phone and lied to him, maybe we should lock the thread now!
derrida is probably a spambot
Old Feb 24th, 2007, 06:32 PM       
Quote:
That was the question as asked. Geggy says the President has lied to him over and over, and that everybody knows this is true. I'm just asking for an example of his many, many lies. If you want to answer a different question, go right ahead... but maybe you should start a thread on THAT topic rather than trying to hijack this one. Thanks.
Actually, this thread is nominally about the Bush administration, not Bush himself.
=======

Old Feb 25th, 2007, 11:48 AM       
You guys are no fun.

How can someone who obviously thinks so much of their ideas have so little respect for expressing them? How can someone who so yearns to be taken seriously make so little effort?!
say what now?
Geggy is probably a spambot
Old Feb 26th, 2007, 03:51 PM       
This thread is bullshit.

I'm not clear why or how would joe wilson benefit from lying to the bush administration about iraq's wmd or the lack thereof? Everybody knows about the bush admin's big WMD lie but for what exact purpose did they lie, along with saddam and 9/11 link, to beef up the pretext to invade iraq besides winning the public's support? If they've lied about all of these things then how do you know they're not lying to us about the reason for our presence in iraq?

Bush's approval rating was at 90 percent on september 11 2001 and the opposition to war was somewhere in the 10's of a percent. Over the years, bush, possibly using orwellian doublespeak, had assured us they will stay the course in order to succeed in iraq, assuming that none of us have any idea what's going on. Up until the fall of 2006, right before the mid term election, the presidents approval rating deteriorated to the low 30s/high 20s and the opposition to the wars have turned strong, bush all of a sudden tells us there is no WMD, there is no saddam-alqaeda link and declassified only small fraction of information regarding the cia's method in the fight against terrorism because they knew they were about to lose the house and senate to the democrats.

So was the iraq intel report lead by jim baker who has ties to the saudi royals, a hoax to trick us into thinking they're concerned about the disaster in iraq as long as they continue to occupy Iraq and "stay the course", wahtever the course is?

Imagine if bush is still using the "stay the course" line to this day, there would be a rising suspicion, as I've suspected, that the distaster in Iraq, as it was predicted in a 1999 wargame, is the course they are pursuing for the benefit of the global elites and the defense contractors as long as the terrorist (or freedom fighter) network continue to grow to cause the prolonging of the war and the downward spiral of the middle east.
Mocker
Old Feb 26th, 2007, 03:56 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geggy View Post
This thread is bullshit.
I agree, I should ban whoever started it.
say what now?
Old Feb 26th, 2007, 04:11 PM       
How does that answer my question as to how joe wilson would benefit from lying about iraq's wmd?
=======

Old Feb 26th, 2007, 04:14 PM       
Quote:
Everybody knows about the bush admin's big WMD lie but for what exact purpose did they lie...
Well, that's as close as you came to pointing out a specific lie. The Joe Wilson thing was, as kahljorn alluded to, the infamous "sixteen words," which has been entirely digested. British Intelligence sources truly did and still do believe Iraq had been attempting to attain yellowcake from sources in Africa.

As for "Bush's" big WMD lie, nearly everyone you've ever heard of that can speak with any authority at all can be quoted at that time as to knowing with almost 100% certainty that Saddam wasn't abiding with the various agreements he'd signed, at that he probably had and was making more WMD material.

Tone down the windmill tilting for a minute and take a stab at clearly illuminating one specific lie told by George W. Bush, Geggy. Try it. I'm trying to help you sound like less of a fruitcake here. This is called the process substantiation.

=======

Old Feb 26th, 2007, 04:19 PM       
Quote:
How does that answer my question as to how joe wilson would benefit from lying about iraq's wmd?
You've been wearing that tin foil hat too long.

You will never get anywhere trying to imagine what's in other people's heads or wallets. People can benefit from compete accidents. You have no idea who Joe Wilson is, just as you have no idea who Bush is as a man. It's obvious that you are operating under the assumption that ol' Joe is a straight shooter, as you'd like to focus your ire on the one guy you have determined is responsible for everything bad in the world, but that's not at all anything like reality. Ever stop to consider that there isn't a politician out there you can believe in fully? That doesn't make them evil, just politicians. Lying and taking advantage of their powerful positions is just what they do.

say what now?
Old Mar 5th, 2007, 10:50 AM       
Quote:
Well, that's as close as you came to pointing out a specific lie. The Joe Wilson thing was, as kahljorn alluded to, the infamous "sixteen words," which has been entirely digested. British Intelligence sources truly did and still do believe Iraq had been attempting to attain yellowcake from sources in Africa.

As for "Bush's" big WMD lie, nearly everyone you've ever heard of that can speak with any authority at all can be quoted at that time as to knowing with almost 100% certainty that Saddam wasn't abiding with the various agreements he'd signed, at that he probably had and was making more WMD material.
Oh yeah britain are colluding with the US in a fight against terrorism which seem to have benefit some of the british government insiders as well as the formers, ie. Ex-prime minister John Major who has investment in Carlyle, so probably a bad example. True saddam did possessed WMD before dumping them 10 years prior to the invasion, and the us govt has the receipt to prove that they sold the wumds to saddam but why do they continue to insist the public and sex up the intel that he has wmd despite CIA's intelligence findings that there are no evidence saddam has wmd or even attempted to aquire yellowcakes from nigeria? They either didn't believe the findings or ignored the intel. But it doesn't make any difference, they needed a way to invade iraq anyhow.

Quote:
Tone down the windmill tilting for a minute and take a stab at clearly illuminating one specific lie told by George W. Bush, Geggy. Try it. I'm trying to help you sound like less of a fruitcake here. This is called the process substantiation.
I thought I already did. Bush claims that the us govt have continued to change tactics in Iraq over the time when there are clearly no evidence they've ever tried to change tactics.
Mocker
Old Mar 5th, 2007, 10:59 AM       

Yellow Cakes!

btw, Niger and Nigeria are two different places.
say what now?
Old Mar 5th, 2007, 11:25 AM       
Quote:
You've been wearing that tin foil hat too long.
Lol if anything, the bush administratuon have turned all of us into conspiracy theorists due their excessive secrecey and propaganda, the biggest one being those who continue to believe in everything they say.

Quote:
You will never get anywhere trying to imagine what's in other people's heads or wallets. People can benefit from compete accidents. You have no idea who Joe Wilson is, just as you have no idea who Bush is as a man. It's obvious that you are operating under the assumption that ol' Joe is a straight shooter, as you'd like to focus your ire on the one guy you have determined is responsible for everything bad in the world, but that's not at all anything like rebeen lyality. Ever stop to consider that there isn't a politician out there you can believe in fully? That doesn't make them evil, just politicians. Lying and taking advantage of their powerful positions is just what they do.
Hey thanks for the update! I never said they were evil. It's matter of how deep the lies by the bush admin go. How are we supposed to formulate our opinions if we don't know what their real intentions are? By the way, Dennis kuchinich seems like a decennt guy.

Lookit I have mixed opinions of george bush himslef. Maybe he knows what he's doing all along. He probably enjoys the luxury of being the president an ddecides which corporations in which he is the major stockholder of should get the no-bid contracts, or maybe he strongly believe he can spread democracy in iraq. If the latter, he is clearly the stooge and is being kept in the dark by the people around him, ie PNAC thinktank lead by vp cheney with a globalization agenda, and the politically connected corporations including the US media in which carlyle owns 30 percent of and HW bush and foxnews ceo/commander in cheif ruppert murdoch's relationship goes way back.
Mocker
Ant10708 is probably a spambot
Old Mar 6th, 2007, 09:24 PM       
I think geggy is lying about his gender.