Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Movies & Television
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Pickled Patriarch
Mockery is probably a real personMockery is probably a real person
Old Oct 19th, 2005, 03:03 PM        THE WARRIORS - FINALLY!
The Warriors director's cut is finally out on DVD. I just received my copy and I've been waiting for this movie to get a proper release for ages. Have you guys seen it before? If not, you must buy it immediately because no movie collection is complete without it.

It's a classic 80s flick where a gang is basically framed for the murder of the head of all gangs in the city. So this one gang, The Warriors, is now being hunted by every other gang in the city. Even better, each gang has a great theme such as one called "The Furies" that has all members dress up in baseball uniforms. Fucking classic!

I'm also really interested in the Rockstar Games adaptation of this movie that's coming out... from the trailers I've seen, it appears to follow the storyline really well. I dunno, just the idea of a Grand Theft Auto-ish game stylized like The Warriors is very tempting to me. Of course, it'll never be on Gamecube, so I'll have to wait for the PC version.
Legislacerator
ItalianStereotype is probably pretty okItalianStereotype is probably pretty okItalianStereotype is probably pretty okItalianStereotype is probably pretty okItalianStereotype is probably pretty ok
Old Oct 19th, 2005, 03:43 PM       
we were talking about this in Gaming a few days ago. I've got the Director's Cut and I don't really like it. it's one of those instances where allowing the director to do everything he wanted is a bad thing.

Lye is probably a spambot
Old Oct 19th, 2005, 04:21 PM       
yeah, there was a review on dvdtalk that said that it was really disapointing. It really is too bad they didn't simply put the theather cut on it too.
The Wolf
Zomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contest
Old Oct 19th, 2005, 05:42 PM       
I've only got the original dvd right now and from what italian said I doubt I'll get the director's cut

I've got no problem watchin' the version I loved as a kid and first saw when I was like 5.

That was very funny. Well done.
Banned
Location: Illinois, Alberta, Canada, Thailand, Space, Groundling Marsh, Manhattan, Man Hat Ton
ArrowX sucks
Old Oct 19th, 2005, 06:13 PM       
I still havent gotten around to see the whole thing. Something always comes up. For this I am shamed and shall buy the non-Directors cut DVD
Mocker
whoreable is probably a spambot
Old Oct 19th, 2005, 06:48 PM       
I watched this for the first time about a month ago. the gang of mimes with tops hats is awesome.
Banned
Location: Illinois, Alberta, Canada, Thailand, Space, Groundling Marsh, Manhattan, Man Hat Ton
ArrowX sucks
Old Oct 19th, 2005, 07:10 PM       
Ok I have to see this NOW!
Striped Tomato
Zebra 3 is probably a spambot
Old Oct 19th, 2005, 07:13 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lye
yeah, there was a review on dvdtalk that said that it was really disapointing. It really is too bad they didn't simply put the theather cut on it too.
Your best bet is to get the original on DVD and be sparred the Directors cut comic book add ons.
Asspunch McGruf
Skulhedface is probably a spambot
Old Oct 20th, 2005, 02:28 PM       
I own the original DVD already, and I'm not usually the type to buy director's cuts (unless they have so many extras to make it worth buying the same movie twice) and from Stereotype's comments, I think my original is enough.

Even before I ever saw this flick again I remembered seeing it when I was a kid just for the one line:

"Waaa-rriors! Come out and plaaaa-aaay!"