Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Philosophy, Politics, and News
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

The Moxie Nerve Food Tonic
mburbank has disabled reputation
Old May 12th, 2004, 05:04 PM        HEY, NALLDS! Conservatives think Torture no big deal!
"This is no different than what happens at the Skull and Bones innitiation, and we're going to ruin people's lives over it and we're going to hamper our military effort, and then we are really going to hammer them becuase they had a good time. You know, these peopl are being shot at every day. I'm talking about people having a good time. These people, you ever heard of emotional release? You heard of a need to blow off some steam?"
-Rush Limbaugh

Okay,
1.) I'm only guessing here, but I don't think people get raped or murdered during a skull and bones initiation. Sodomized, maybe, but then I think skull and bones is pretty gay and violent.
2.) I dont think for an instant that tis bizarre view point is shared by anyone even remotely human, let alone most conservatives. I wouldn't even call on conservatives to dustance temselves from the Old Rusher here, as I think views like this only serve to place him in the lunatic fringe right where he belongs. Anyone who see this kind of stuff as a 'good time' has more problems than an a tendency toward addiction.
3.) See what I'm saying here? The world is nuanced enough for this to be the opinion of a conservative who happens to be a huge scumbag. That says nothing about the 'vast majority' of conservatives. Behavior like this (and mocking Pat Tillman's death) is the behavior of reprehensible individuals. What political stripe the identify themselves with is immaterial. It's not a political position. It's a cry for help.
ranxer is probably a spambot
Old May 12th, 2004, 05:28 PM       
Republican Senator Jim Inhofe (R-OK) said(tuesday) on CNN that the Iraqi prisoners basically deserved what they got:
"I have to say I'm probably not the only one up at this table that is more outraged by the outrage than we are by the treatment. The idea that these prisoners, you know they're not there for traffic violations. If they're in cellblock 1A or 1B these prisoners, they're murderers, they're terrorists, they're insurgents, many of them probably have American blood on their hands, and here we're so concerned about the treatment of those individuals." According to CNN, John McCain walked out the room during Inhofe's remarks and told reporters he did not agree with him. Democratic Senators reportedly sat stunned as Inhofe defended the abuses.

too bad the latest reports are that 90%(i had been assuming more than 50%) of those prisoners were innocent iraqis rounded up becuase they were of the age to join the resistance.. not because they were engaged in active resistance.
Old May 12th, 2004, 06:53 PM       
BUMP!
Ronnie Raygun is probably a spambot
Old May 12th, 2004, 07:48 PM       
"This is no different than what happens at the Skull and Bones innitiation, and we're going to ruin people's lives over it and we're going to hamper our military effort, and then we are really going to hammer them becuase they had a good time. You know, these peopl are being shot at every day. I'm talking about people having a good time. These people, you ever heard of emotional release? You heard of a need to blow off some steam?"
-Rush Limbaugh

Okay,
1.) I'm only guessing here, but I don't think people get raped or murdered during a skull and bones initiation. Sodomized, maybe, but then I think skull and bones is pretty gay and violent.
2.) I dont think for an instant that tis bizarre view point is shared by anyone even remotely human, let alone most conservatives. I wouldn't even call on conservatives to dustance temselves from the Old Rusher here, as I think views like this only serve to place him in the lunatic fringe right where he belongs. Anyone who see this kind of stuff as a 'good time' has more problems than an a tendency toward addiction.
3.) See what I'm saying here? The world is nuanced enough for this to be the opinion of a conservative who happens to be a huge scumbag. That says nothing about the 'vast majority' of conservatives. Behavior like this (and mocking Pat Tillman's death) is the behavior of reprehensible individuals. What political stripe the identify themselves with is immaterial. It's not a political position. It's a cry for help." - Max

When was this said, Max. It was said after the first day that the first three pics were released.

Pic 1. The guys with a hood on and wires connected to his fingers.

Pic 2. The girl with cigarette in her mouth pointing at prisoners dicks.

Pic 3. Naked Pyramid.

Good try. Next time take people's statements in the proper context.

Drew Katsikas is probably a spambot
Old May 12th, 2004, 09:51 PM       
HOOD AND WIRES CONNECTED TO HIS FINGERS WHAT KIND OF INITIATION IS IT TO THREATEN SOMEONE WITH ELECTRICAL TORTURE WHETHER OR NOT YOU ARE ACTUALLY GOING TO DO IT CERTAINLY NOT A SKULL AND BONES INITIATION DUMBASS RUSH IS RETARDED WHY WOULD YOU TRY TO JUSTIFY SUCH AN IGNORANT STATEMENT DUMBASS.

thanks
Resident Chimp
AChimp is probably a real personAChimp is probably a real person
Old May 12th, 2004, 10:20 PM       
When most people need to blow off some steam, they yell, punch a pillow or go to therapy.

Just because you're a soldier does not give you free reign to commit human rights violations, especially when your country has invaded another country while trumpeting on the horn of morality.

You talk about proper context, Ronnie, but what IS the proper context? That these soldiers' actions were just doing it for shits and giggles? An eye for an eye? They tortured some of our guys, so we'll torture some of their guys?

A decade ago in Somalia, a couple of Canadian soldiers raped then murdered a young girl, and another two killed some civilians. We basically burned them at the stake afterwards and disbanded the entire regiment. Nobody even considered trying to justify their actions by changing the context, or saying that they were just blowing off some steam. Those soldiers were dishonourably discharged and get to spend the rest of their lives in military prison for "having a good time," and they were put there quickly. Yeah, there were people trying to cover things up, but they were all forced out of the military eventually when they were threatened with the same treatment.

There are rules for dealing with prisoners of war and ordinary criminals that need to be upheld in order for you to maintain any shred of credibility. If the other side breaks the rules, so what? By sticking to the rules, you can further justify your presence in Iraq. Conservatives in America and Iraqis who enjoy their cushy new appointed jobs might not care, but the rest of the world is watching.
Banned
Location: Illinois, Alberta, Canada, Thailand, Space, Groundling Marsh, Manhattan, Man Hat Ton
ArrowX sucks
Old May 12th, 2004, 10:44 PM       
I HAVENT READ A SINGLE POST IN THIS THREAD

DOWN WITH AMURIKA
Mocker
ScruU2wice is probably a spambot
Old May 12th, 2004, 11:37 PM       
Quote:
Pic 1. The guys with a hood on and wires connected to his fingers.

Pic 2. The girl with cigarette in her mouth pointing at prisoners dicks.

Pic 3. Naked Pyramid.

1)The guy get's shocked if he steps off the box, and god knows how long he's been standing there

2) i guess the mildest pic, but still degrading because the prisoners are being sexually harrased. It's phsycologically traumitizing them...

3) Its a bunch of people stacked up on top of each other uncomfortably whie there naked. try being stacked a part of a pyramid for about a half and hour and we'll see how it feels.

For a second just put yourself in the shoes of the prisoners, who probably haven't even faced a trial yet and think about how it feels. This isn't just a little debate game people are getting pissed on in iraq and nothing can justify it.
Mocker

Abcdxxxx is probably a spambot
Old May 13th, 2004, 02:22 AM       
Well said Scru....

though I do wonder what the ratio difference is between the people get pissed on to the people getting cellular access, and how many of them think it's worth it.
mesobe is probably a spambot
Old May 13th, 2004, 10:57 AM       
and there are hundreds of more photos on they way! even some video too. I wonder what sort of clever exuse the government will come up with in the next few weeks.

You can sneer at these acts or play them down all you want... but the fact is this type of shit is going to destroy the god-like war machine of the US of A.

It seems like its all gunna be downhill for them now. But its for the best really.
The Goddamned Batman
Protoclown is probably a spambot
Old May 13th, 2004, 12:21 PM       
Ronnie, could you at least TRY to act like a real human being for one day? Just ONE day. That's all I ask.
Old May 13th, 2004, 02:21 PM       
Huh, really? Only this three pictures at the time? It's still kind of callous and you'd really want to know what he's said since then. If that's when he said it. You don't suppose you'd like to check it out for me would you Nalds? I mean, I didn't get it off Newsmax, so I suppose there might be some question of context and timing.

I don't know though. I think it's more than enough to make a statement with confidence that all conservatives feel the torture was no big deal. Because all conservatives are the same, a monolith. It's common sense. Everybody knows it's true.
Mocker
KevinTheOmnivore is probably a spambot
Old May 13th, 2004, 03:03 PM       
Quote:
From the May 10 Rush Limbaugh Show:

Limbaugh on latest photos of Iraqi prisoner abuse

LIMBAUGH: Even this latest picture of a dog and a nude Iraqi -- you seen that one? A couple of Americans are holding -- it looks like German Shepherd, some kind of vicious big dogs, the dogs are barking, bow wow arf arf arf, this big dog -- you know and the Iraqi prisoner is cowering there in fear, he's all nude. And the picture caption "Dog attacks Iraqi." No, the dog isn't attacking anyone, the dog's on a leash. The dog is scaring an Iraqi prisoner. [gasp] "No! We're scaring them, too? Is that allowed in the Geneva Convention?! We're scaring then with dogs?" Yes, my friends we are. The dog didn't attack anybody. The dog's not attacking anybody. The dog's on a leash. Both of them are. I've seen the pictures. ...

[... about 35 minutes later ...]

LIMBAUGH: Apparently, ladies and gentleman, I need to offer a modification. Apparently, the pictures that are, the picture going around of the uh, the nude Iraqi prisoner cowering in fear of a couple of dogs. The caption to that picture that I've seen going around, uh, intimates that the dog was on the verge of attacking this guy, and he was very scared and so forth. In the picture that I saw the dogs were leashed and the correct caption would be "Nude Iraqi prisoner scared of dog but not attack [sic]." Apparently -- there's not a picture of it -- but apparently uh, well, there's another picture later where the nude Iraqi prisoner no longer cowering, um, in the corner against his cell, he's writhing on the floor with a pool of blood. Apparently, the dog did bite his leg, but there's no picture of that. I have just been, uh, informed of this. So I wanted to, uh, pass that on to make sure that the facts are out there. There's no picture of it, but that's apparently what uh, what happened. We were told there are going to be a lot of pictures coming in, and that they will be worse than what we've seen and this sort of thing. So, uh, sorry for the error. ...

Limbaugh on prisoners getting "a taste of [their] own medicine"

CALLER: When I saw those pictures -- the Iraqi supposedly torture pictures -- I felt no shame. The only thing I could think is, they're getting a little taste of their own medicine, and those Iraqi women must be cheering.

LIMBAUGH: Made that point last week, but it didn't go over well with Rush Monitors. I did -- that's -- made that point. That point has not been quoted. I said, you know, this might not be bad -- oh, it's gonna happen again -- I said, if you look at the role Iraq -- Arab men make their women play -- the roles they play, the roles they have to live -- to, to, to make American prison guards females and to give those women utter power over Arab men -- some might call that torture, some might call that decent punishment, some might say here's a taste of your own medicine. This is what you've been doing to your women for time immemorial, only now the tables are turned. But all that's been lost because [with a slight lisp] "This is horrible. This is, this is disgusting. This is outrageous. This is mean."
Old May 13th, 2004, 03:34 PM       
Thanks, Kev. ou can see the Rusher really softened his tone once he saw the rest of the pictures. The fact that pictures of rape and murder exist but have not been made public has been a matter of public knowledge since Seymour Hersh's article came out almost a week prior to the 5/10 Limbaugh show, but of the President doesn't read the paper, why would Rush?

Here's bit more text from the same show.

"How many of you went out to social occasions over the weekend and this subject, this story came up? And how many of you wanted to really say, "I don't see the big deal here. This is war. These are people who tried to kill Americans." But you didn't say it or some variation of that because you were afraid because you were with a bunch of people who were start yelling at you that you for being insensitive or coarse or crude or whatever, so you said what you thought you had to say in order to get along during a controversial situation if this conversation came up wherever you were. How many of you did that? How many of you did that? Admit it to yourself you don't have to raise your hands out there. I'm not, we're not counting hands out there. I want you to think about it because the fact of the matter is I think that's what most people are doing. I think most peo --that's where my optimism and faith in the people of this country remains steadfast. I don't think most people are that outraged by this. I don't thi -- let's put it this way, I don't think the public outrage nowhere near matches what we watched on television on Friday and yesterday exhibited by these holier than thou sanctimonious elected officials who are themselves acting and saying what they think you their voters want them to say and what you their voters expect to hear. ..."

So there you have it, Nalds. Limbaugh said
" And how many of you wanted to really say, "I don't see the big deal here."

On May 10'th. He could have seen any photos you had by the tim he said that. Not only does he think it's no big deal, his assumption (his, not mine) is that most people feel this way. Not most conservtives, and I don't think most conservatives feel this way, but most people.

What do you think, Nalds? Do you see the big deal here?

See, I thought to myself, Rush being Rush, I bet having seen all the photos he hasn't changed his mind very much. So here's hat I did. I went and checked. That's what Kev did too. That's what I do when I want to know something. I don't declaim, I don't rely on 'common sense' and what everybody knows, I check the record. That's one of the great things about freedom of the press, we as Americans have access to the record.
Mocker
The One and Only... is probably a spambot
Old May 13th, 2004, 04:29 PM       
Eye for an eye is a poor strategy.

Head for an eye ensures they will never do it again.
Old May 13th, 2004, 04:29 PM       
You talking about two diferent things here. You posted something from Rush that he said on May 4th and then had to rely on ME to give YOU the background.

Like Rush, I'm more concerned by the level of outrage than the "humiliation" that took place.

It's obvious to me that its all political because the same people who are bitching now didn't give a shit when Saddam was murdering thousands of INNOCENT people.....only now when Bush is up for reelection are these kinds of things so outragous.......

...and the fact that you have Kerry running around blaming it on Bush when he has admitted to commiting the same attrocities in Vietnam.

What a joke.

The rapes and murders are of course horrible, and whoever was responsible should and will be punished. Bush will make sure of that.

Location: one shot, right between the eyes, just for old times sake
Bennett is probably a spambot
Old May 13th, 2004, 04:34 PM       
then why hasn't he made sure Rummy resigns?
Mocker
Old May 13th, 2004, 05:32 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronnie Raygun
You talking about two diferent things here. You posted something from Rush that he said on May 4th and then had to rely on ME to give YOU the background.
The prevailing point of this thread was that Rush didn't give a fuck about it. He has more than proven that to be true, and you just can't accept it, because you worship the man. :idolotry

Quote:
Like Rush, I'm more concerned by the level of outrage than the "humiliation" that took place.
And like Rush, you have taken a terrible event, which has been given all of its due scrutiny and thoughtfulness by both Republicans and Democrats, and you've politicized it. You turned it into a way to bash liberals and stump for Dubya. You're concerned about the outrage, eh? You're pathetic. I really pity you.

Quote:
It's obvious to me that its all political because the same people who are bitching now didn't give a shit when Saddam was murdering thousands of INNOCENT people.....only now when Bush is up for reelection are these kinds of things so outragous.......
You are so fucking ridiculous. Republicans who voted for this war, John McCain to name one, are incredibly outraged over this. Even Karl Rove acknowledged that this will set the U.S. back in the Middle East. Yet there you are, you and your messiah, El Rushbo.

Quote:
...and the fact that you have Kerry running around blaming it on Bush when he has admitted to commiting the same attrocities in Vietnam.
A war that I'm sure you think was necessary, and were it a Republican vet., you'd have no problems with the atrocities. McCain was in Vietnam, too. He probably had to do some pretty unpleasant things, too. He also felt what's it's like to be at the end of torture and humiliation. This isn't about Kerry, this isn't about November, this is in fact a unifying issue. The President stands with those who are outraged, much like John McCain, John Kerry, Karl Rove, and just about everybody else with a grain of decency and common sense. That long list apparently excludes you and Rush Limbaugh.

Quote:
What a joke.
My sentiments exactly.
Old May 13th, 2004, 06:00 PM       
"then why hasn't he made sure Rummy resigns?" - Ben

Because he isn't to blame.

"The prevailing point of this thread was that Rush didn't give a fuck about it. He has more than proven that to be true, and you just can't accept it, because you worship the man. :idolotry" - Rush

That's not true. You've only posted less than 1% of what he's had to say on the matter and the reason I know that is because he's been talking about it all week.

You are full of shit....at least as far as this is concerned.

"You are so fucking ridiculous. Republicans who voted for this war, John McCain to name one, are incredibly outraged over this. Even Karl Rove acknowledged that this will set the U.S. back in the Middle East. Yet there you are, you and your messiah, El Rushbo."

John McCain is not nearly as outraged as Kennedy and some others who say we are no better than Saddam. That in itself is completely outragous.

"A war that I'm sure you think was necessary, and were it a Republican vet., you'd have no problems with the atrocities." - Kevin

That's a bullshit lie.

Put that other crap out of your mind and focus on the fact that an addmitted war criminal who never faced punishment is now asking for the punishment of someone who had nothing to do with recent "war crimes".

You people will do anything to regain power.

VinceZeb is probably a spambot
Old May 13th, 2004, 06:25 PM       
You idiots that are outraged about these photos do realize that the groups these people represent and follow would love nothing more than to rape and murder your loved ones, right?

I guess in Max's world the rape of his kids wouldn't be as horrible as a video of the cop who arrests the rapist introducing his anus to the business-end of a club.
Queen of the Beasts
Jeanette X is probably a spambot
Old May 13th, 2004, 06:28 PM       
Rush Limbaugh admitted he was in error?!

Holy shit. Lions will lie down with antelopes next.
Old May 13th, 2004, 06:40 PM       
He does it every time he's wrong.

You don't see Ted Kennedy doing that.
Mocker
Old May 13th, 2004, 07:07 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronnie Raygun
"The prevailing point of this thread was that Rush didn't give a fuck about it. He has more than proven that to be true, and you just can't accept it, because you worship the man. :idolotry" - Rush

That's not true. You've only posted less than 1% of what he's had to say on the matter and the reason I know that is because he's been talking about it all week.
I can provide many, many more quotes if that's what you'd like. He said several more idiotic things, and all of the backpedaling in the world doesn't change what he said.

Quote:
You are full of shit....at least as far as this is concerned.
Back it up, dipshit. I'm tired of you blaming people on the Left for everything and never backing it up. It my book, you are a coward and an opportunist.

Did he not mean what he said? Were the dog comments taken out of context? How about the "relieving stress" comments? Can you even support what you're saying, or are you just blindly defending your deity???

Quote:
"You are so fucking ridiculous. Republicans who voted for this war, John McCain to name one, are incredibly outraged over this. Even Karl Rove acknowledged that this will set the U.S. back in the Middle East. Yet there you are, you and your messiah, El Rushbo."

John McCain is not nearly as outraged as Kennedy and some others who say we are no better than Saddam. That in itself is completely outragous.
Because I pity you, I'll give you the benefit of the doubt. Granted, for merely the sake of argument, maybe Kennedy was more outraged than others. But he certainly wasn't more outraged than McCain, his points on the Ronnie Retard outrage-o-meter CERTAINLY went higher than Kennedy's did. If you don't believe me, find an article on McCain grilling in to Rumsfeld in committee hearing. That's outrage. That's empathy. That's the vibe in America, and you my friend, are on the fringe. You, Vinth, and Rushbo.

Quote:
Put that other crap out of your mind and focus on the fact that an addmitted war criminal who never faced punishment is now asking for the punishment of someone who had nothing to do with recent "war crimes".
TRANSLATION: PUT THE TOPIC AT HAND, THE PURPOSE OF THIS THREAD, AND ALL OTHER RELEVANT THOUGHTS, OUT OF YOUR HEAD, AND LOOK OVER HERE, OVER HERE, IT'S JOHN KERRY, NO, DON'T LOOK AT IRAQ, DON'T LOOK AT SCUM LIKE RUSH AND MYSELF, LOOK AT JOHN KERRY, NO! NO! NO! WE MUST TALK ABOUT JOHN KERRY, NOT THE BIGOTED, ROTTEN THINGS RUSH SAID!!"

Blow it out your ass, Raygun.

Quote:
You people will do anything to regain power.
Would that be John McCain, or Karl Rove? Would that be the other House and Senate Republicans who nearly vomited in the capitol? Would that be me, who has never voted for a Democrat, and won't be supporting John Kerry? What "people" are you talking about? If your talking about the bulk of compassionate and reasonable AMERICANS, than I gladly lump myself in there. You can sit yourself out in the fringe with all the other politburo Republicans and bigots. Idiot.

Quote:
He does it every time he's wrong.
He doesn't even take full ownership of the mistake in this one example. He phrases it to make it seem like he was given misleading information, as if the pictures he HAD seen didn't indicate enough. Once again, you're pathetic. Give a few more examples of Rush admiting he was wrong. Can you cite them? If you can't, don't even bothering typing up a response. I'm tired of you wasting my fucking time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A big, moronic, bipolar clown
You idiots that are outraged about these photos do realize that the groups these people represent and follow would love nothing more than to rape and murder your loved ones, right?
And you do realize that this is irrelevant, right? And you do realize that we are supposed to set the standard, right? And you do realize that we are already hated throughout much of the Arab world anyway, right? And you do realize that you can't actually fucking SUBSTANTIATE your claim that most of these men being DETAINED are necessarily guilty yet, right? You do realize that you waste every single person's time here with your posts, right? Right?
Old May 13th, 2004, 07:52 PM       
"I can provide many, many more quotes if that's what you'd like. He said several more idiotic things, and all of the backpedaling in the world doesn't change what he said." - Kevin

Yes it does. Whenever you look at what he said in context it makes sense.

Just listen to the show tomorrow and you'll have a different point of view.

JUST LISTEN TOMORROW and you'll understand what I'm saying.

I listen to him everyday when I drive to work.

Each day he comments on what was in the news the previous day.

The quote Max gave was on May 4th when only three pics had been released.

At least be fair and use Rush's words in context.
Mocker
Old May 14th, 2004, 09:22 AM       
I'm done with you. You are an apologist for a piece of filth, and thus have become one yourself.