Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Movies & Television
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Pickled Patriarch
Mockery is probably a real personMockery is probably a real person
Old Jun 26th, 2004, 07:01 PM        RENO 911 - Season 1 DVD set
I'm buying it regardless, but how are the extras on it? I heard that it has deleted scenes and it's all uncensored. Do any of you have it? Are the extras good?
The Unicorn
Sam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contest
Old Jun 26th, 2004, 07:17 PM       
I have it, but it still has all be cursing bleeped out.

I've only seen disk 1 so far, and it has 2 comentaries. It also has this thing for one of the episodes where they try to act out the episode and the sound effects while the episode plays.
McWorld is probably a spambot
Old Jun 26th, 2004, 10:41 PM       
Their commentary isn't censored but the episodes are which makes sense because its supposed to be like cops
Pickled Patriarch
Mockery is probably a real personMockery is probably a real person
Old Jun 26th, 2004, 11:01 PM       
Ok, what else though. How about the other extras. Good deleted scenes? Anything else?
Mocker
Jixby Phillips is probably a spambot
Old Jun 27th, 2004, 03:06 AM       
The deleted scenes are fun. They offer some good insight as to how the show works; showing them kind of improving untill they break up or whatever and then switching gears. The deleted stuff is all uncensored too.

One thing that kind of sucks is that they put the shows on in order of production numbers, and while it fixes some of the continuity problems in the earlier shows, it creates more for the later shows; specifically the anthrax episode (part one is shown as episode 11 or something, while part two is episode 14, the last on the disk), and the last episode of the series with the cliffhanger ending is on there as episode 13

So it's like

Episode 11: Anthrax part 1
Episode 12: Officer Dangle moves
Episode 13: Last episode of the Season with Cliffhanger where everybody dies
Episode 14: Anthrax part 2

There are 4 regular audio commentaries. They are done so that there are 2 people per commentary, and everybody in the cast (and the director) does at least one commentary. This is obviously done so that they could all record their commetnaries at once and have the 4 commentaries recorded in a half hour. That kinda sucks, it would be better to have at least Thomas, Kerri, Ben, and the Director on ALL the commentaries, since they are the most important people involved in the show. That and the big group commentaries would just be funner.

There is one secret commetnary on episode 2, where everybody is together, and they just re-enact the audio of the episode (including the music, the diologue, and the sound effects) from memory. It is amusing.

I think my favorite commentary was the one with Kerri and Ben. From what I remember they went more into how the show was created and how it is done. The other people just comment on the episode and joke around.

A pretty good release. I mean, this is kind of the standard for Comedy Central DVDs (4 audio commentaries not including "special" commentaries or secret comentaries) plus some other extra that they can easily put on there (pilots, deleted scenes, etc) and comedy central "quickies" (scenes from south park or crank yankers or whatever else they can put on to promote their crappy network).
Banned
Location: Illinois, Alberta, Canada, Thailand, Space, Groundling Marsh, Manhattan, Man Hat Ton
ArrowX sucks
Old Jun 27th, 2004, 03:50 AM       
My familys upstairs watching SpaceGhost Volume one and laughing.

The first episode is horible but it just gets better.
agroskaterik is probably a spambot
Old Jun 27th, 2004, 04:04 PM       
and thats relevant how?