Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Philosophy, Politics, and News
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
BANNED

kahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contest
Old Nov 10th, 2005, 07:50 PM       
the reason I make the comparison between churchs and cults is because I've met cultists, they have a bit of crazy in their eyes and they believe nonsense. Whether it's political or religious nonsense, they somehow manage to grasp onto it no matter how ridiculous it is and believe it. I think it's because they have such a personal connection with it, it all seems to make them feel special; like they are a part of something important by obeying some crazy idea(the attraction i think is how 'complete' it is, like a 101 ways to get to heaven type thing.. the wholesome and successful by God's will feeling is probably what drives them).
That's why I think politics and religion should stay seperate, to keep that "Special" feeling away. That association with a life-style of perfection(politically, religiously, spiritually, morally and physically). Personally, I find religious stupors much more comfortable than enlightened obsession in those cases. I actually find religion to be quite successful in the fact that while it may create dogmatists, it rarily creates a full-blown zealot.

this one lady i met who was an ex-cultist was nuts. She's obsessed with my girlfriend and stalked her, including getting a job at the same place as her and going to her favorite bars. She was apparantly now some kind of S&M freak instead of a cultist, and would tie herself up next to my girlfriend in social situations so she'd dominate her or something. Scary
Which brings up another point: People who practice S&M(for the most part) are disgusting sick motherfuckers, and if being tied up alot can create those kinds of personalities and attract crazy ass cultists than I fear it. Avoid it like the plague, their 'community' is disgusting. Filled with the seven sins.