Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Philosophy, Politics, and News
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

The Moxie Nerve Food Tonic
mburbank has disabled reputation
Old Sep 1st, 2004, 10:32 AM        ***BAD NEWS FOR NALDS!***
1.3 million more in poverty this year. Third year in a row the ranks of the impoverished have swelled.
Supa Soviet Missil Mastar
Zhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's army
Old Sep 1st, 2004, 10:37 AM       
This is not just bad news in general, because conservatives always base their opinions on poverty statistics, so it is only bad news to them.
Old Sep 1st, 2004, 10:47 AM       
It's really bad news for 1.3 million people who slipped into poverty this year.

Only an idiot would see a statistic like that as being bad news in a purely politcial my team vs. your team , this will make it harder for your team's captain to be elected class president type way.

Get it, Naldo? Or do you just come by when you have something noxious to post?
Mocker
KevinTheOmnivore is probably a spambot
Old Sep 1st, 2004, 07:20 PM       
HEY, ARE THERE ANY POLLS THAT MIGHT SUBSTANTIATE YOUR ARGUMENT?? THANKS.

Anonymous is probably a spambot
Old Sep 2nd, 2004, 12:00 AM       
Kerry is toast!

punkgrrrlie10 is probably a spambot
Old Sep 2nd, 2004, 12:03 AM       
Eh, they are only newly impoverished...no biggie.
Old Sep 2nd, 2004, 10:44 AM       
They're just poor sports because they aren't part of the 'ownership economy.'
Ronnie Raygun is probably a spambot
Old Sep 2nd, 2004, 12:23 PM       
Max, the most obnoxious post of all will be posted in Nov.

Until then, don't take Kerry's slip too badly....

I may come back to make note of the Kerry's slip to make sure that all the fine people here at I-Mockery are aware of what's happening....

It would be shameful to allow you to keep a lid on it...
Old Sep 2nd, 2004, 12:24 PM       

I may come back to make note of the Kerry's slip to make sure that all the fine people here at I-Mockery are aware of what's happening....

Old Sep 2nd, 2004, 12:25 PM       

Queen of the Beasts
Jeanette X is probably a spambot
Old Sep 2nd, 2004, 01:12 PM       
Triple posts are quite obnoxious as well. :/
Old Sep 3rd, 2004, 07:11 PM       
So suppose, just suppose Kerry wins decisively enough that the Republicans can't even fight it in court.

Do you think Nalds will graciously admit he read the electorate wrong all along, or do you think he'll just vanish like old socks or Vinth?

FS is probably a spambot
Old Sep 4th, 2004, 05:04 AM       
Actually, I think he might flourish if that happens. Think of all the chances to crack down on Kerry when he's actually in office and has to clean up the mess.
GO AWAY DONT POST HERE

davinxtk is probably a spambot
Old Sep 4th, 2004, 05:42 AM       
I honestly don't know what I'll do if we end up with another four years of this complete douchebag. I think it might incite some sort of rebellion.
Nobody in my area expects him to win, but I'm talking Massachusetts here. It's true that you can't get an accurate cross-section of the country by living in any one area, but people in the Northeast are at the specific disadvantage of living around mostly loud-mouthed liberals to begin with.

And it's not like I'll even be thrilled if Kerry wins. At least Bush has some die-hard supporters in this country, everyone I've met who wants Kerry to win is half-assing it in the first place. It's going to be like Monty Python...

"And John Kerry took the election with 271 electoral votes. And there was much rejoicing."
*completely un-enthusiastic cheer*
(1:02:34 AM): and i think i may have gone a little too far and let her know that i actually do hate her, on some level, just because she's female
(1:03:33 AM): and now she's being all kinds of sensitive about it
(1:03:53 AM): i hate women
Old Sep 4th, 2004, 09:38 AM       
Since you guys like polls so much.....check this out....

http://www.time.com/time/press_relea...692562,00.html

Bush is up by double digits!!!

Campaign 2004: Bush Opens Double-Digit Lead
TIME Poll: Among likely voters, 52% would vote for President George Bush, while 41% would vote for John Kerry and 3% would vote for Ralph Nader

Friday, Sep. 03, 2004
New York: For the first time since the Presidential race became a two person contest last spring, there is a clear leader, the latest TIME poll shows. If the 2004 election for President were held today, 52% of likely voters surveyed would vote for President George W. Bush, 41% would vote for Democratic nominee John Kerry, and 3% would vote for Ralph Nader, according to a new TIME poll conducted from Aug. 31 to Sept. 2. Poll results are available on TIME.com and will appear in the upcoming issue of TIME magazine, on newsstands Monday, Sept. 6.

Most important issues: When asked what they consider are the most important issues, 25% of registered voters cited the economy as the top issue, followed by 24% who cited the war on terrorism as the top issue. The situation in Iraq was rated the top issue by 17% of registered voters, moral values issues such as gay marriage and abortion were the top issue for 16% of respondents, and health care was the most important issue for 11% of respondents.

Bush vs. Kerry:
The economy: 47% trust President Bush more to handle the economy, while 45% trust Kerry.
Health care: 48% trust Senator Kerry to handle health care issues, while 42% trust Bush.
Iraq: 53% trust Bush to handle the situation in Iraq, while 41% trust Kerry.
Terrorism: 57% trust Bush to handle the war on terrorism, while 36% trust Kerry.
Understanding the needs of people: 47% said they trust Kerry to understand the needs of people like themselves, while 44% trusted Bush to understand their needs.
Providing strong leadership: 56% said they trust Bush to provide strong leadership in difficult times, while 37% said they trust Kerry to provide leadership in difficult times.
Tax policy: 49% trust Bush to handle tax policy, while 40% trust Kerry.
Commanding the Armed Forces: 54% said they trust Bush to be commander-in-chief of the armed forces, while 39% said they trust Kerry.

Bush on the Issues:
Iraq: Half (50%) of those surveyed approve of the way President Bush is handling the situation in Iraq, while 46% disapprove. In last week’s TIME poll, 48% approved of the way Bush was handling the situation in Iraq and 48% disapproved.
Terrorism: Almost two thirds (59%) said they approve of how President Bush is handling the war on terrorism, while 38% disapprove. Last week’s TIME poll found 55% approved of Bush’s handling of the war on terrorism, while 40% disapproved.
The Economy: Survey respondents were split on the President’s handling of the economy. Almost half (48%) said the approved of Bush’s handling of the economy, while 48% said the disapproved.

Other results include:
Was U.S. Right Going to War with Iraq? Over half of those surveyed (52%) think the U.S. was right in going to war with Iraq, while 41% think the U.S. was wrong to go to war.

Have the United States’ actions in Iraq made the world safer? Almost half (45%) think the United States’ actions in Iraq have made the world safer, while 45% think the world is more dangerous. In a similar TIME poll taken Aug. 3 – 5, over half (52%) said the world was more dangerous, and 38% said the world was safer.

# # #

Methodology: The TIME Poll was conducted August 31 – September 2 by telephone among a random sample of 1,316 adults, including 1,128 reported registered voters and 926 likely voters. The margin of error for registered voters is +/- 3% points, and +/- 4% points for likely voters. Schulman, Ronca, & Bucuvalas (SRBI) Public Affairs conducted the poll, and more complete results are attached.

Contacts:
Ty Trippet, 212-522-3640
Jennifer Zawadzinski, 212-522-9046
Supa Soviet Missil Mastar
Zhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's army
Old Sep 4th, 2004, 10:55 AM       
That's bad news.

You conservatives sure love your polls. Don't you lnow that polls mean nothing?
Old Sep 4th, 2004, 11:12 AM       
Yes I do....that why I said this....

"Since you guys like polls so much.....check this out...."
Resident Chimp
AChimp is probably a real personAChimp is probably a real person
Old Sep 4th, 2004, 11:21 AM       
... Except we also say that polls don't mean much. Again, without a point, Ronnie.
Old Sep 4th, 2004, 11:47 AM       
No you don't......when the polls are in your favor you are all about them....

Example: Look at how often polls were cited during the Clinton/Lewinsky scandal....

All Clinton's policies were determined by polls...
Resident Chimp
AChimp is probably a real personAChimp is probably a real person
Old Sep 4th, 2004, 12:10 PM       
Oh, I get it. You mean "you dirty Liberals" and are lumping everyone together.

You are a twat, and by "you" I mean "you."
Old Sep 4th, 2004, 12:22 PM       
I'm a lone "twat" amongst a bunch of "boobs".

Clever....
Old Sep 4th, 2004, 12:52 PM       
Thank God Bush doesn't use polls or focus groups.

That's why when he said he was against a 9/11 panel, he didn't change his mind.

And when he said he didn't want a department of Homeland Security, he didn't create one.

And when he said one hour was all the time he could spare the 9/11 comission, that's all he gave them.

And when he said Condi couldn't testify, she didn't.

And why after he said a war on terrorism couldn't be won, he said it sure could and we sure would.

It's why after he announced his Mars initiative he never mentioned it again.

It's why after he said he didn't want or need Tennet's resignation, Tennet decided he needed to spend more time with his family.

It's why after the phrase compassionate conservatism went away for four years it came back again and why the bulk of people who spoke at the convention are way, way way further center left than Bush.

It's why the degree of his Texas accent changes depending on how close an election is.

Because this is one guy who doesn'r care which way the wind is blowing or what public opinion is. He just a guy doing a thing that needs to be done, like in a western or a picture of a western on when of them old fashioned type lunch boxes.

Nalds. Suppose you're wrong. Suppose this time it's not just the majority of the vote, but the electoral college as well. Suppose it turns out you were the unthinkable, wrong.

I'm willing to admit right here and now, it may be the will of the American people that Bush get four more years. I'll hate it, but I'll be more than willing to admit that's what the people want if that's the way it goes down. What will you have to say If Kerry wins a clear and positive victory?

Will we hear about how people have been brainwashed? Or how America isn't america anymore, how Kerry isn't YOUR president or commander in chief? Or would you say that in a democratic country the guy who wins si the leader of America fair and square?

My guess? You've ben a sore winner for four years. I can't imagine being a looser would improve your disposition. I expect calls for impeachment to begin prior to the inauguration.
Old Sep 5th, 2004, 07:44 AM       
It also explains why Bush is continuing this seemingly unpopular war...!!!!

WoW! mAx! u R sO sMaRt!!
Mocker
ziggytrix is probably a spambot
Old Sep 5th, 2004, 03:37 PM       
1 example as a counterpoint to 9 examples, as though it completely blows Max's point out of the water, that reasoning (doublethink) shows what a fanatical tool you are, Ronnie.

Never mind that no poll shows a majority of Americans think we need to completely withdraw from Iraq.
Old Sep 7th, 2004, 10:40 AM       
And Nalds... You did notice that 1.3 million more people in poverty isn't polling data, right?