Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Music
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Little Monster
Miss Modular is probably a spambot
Old Feb 21st, 2004, 02:59 PM        Info on new Beastie Boys album
Hopefully this will be good? :/

http://xfm.co.uk/article.asp?id=18224

New Beastie Boys Album This Year

In a rare interview, Adam Yauch and Mike D from the Beastie Boys have confirmed they will be releasing the follow up to 1998's 'Hello Nasty' this year. The long-awaited record will be the group's first studio album in five years.

With a career stretching back to the early 80s, the massively inlfuencial trio, completed by Adam 'Adrock' Horovitz, have used everything from live instruments to samplers on their records, however, for this new album the group have gone back to basics.

"This records all hip-hop." Mike D told the BBC "We've been working for a little while in a secret location, but there's light at the end of the tunnel and we're mixing now so its almost complete.

"The record that we're making is like a hip-hop record, but that doesn't mean we're only checking for hip-hop right now. Everything we like, that's cool, is going to enter the arena."

Hinting that the record may see the light of day around June this year, the pair continued to explain how the musical creative process had become more evenly divided between the trio.

"Its pretty split [when it comes down to who is 'making the beats'], but its really cool because now with computers we can all just bring in stuff on your i-Pod and be like, 'check it out.'"

Having previously recorded in both the band's hometown of New York and Los Angeles, Mike D explained why they chose to record back in the Big Apple.

"We missed a lot about New York, because its just a great place to make a record. Everything is just up in your face the whole time. I mean we might just go up into the studio for however many hours a day, but just getting to the studio you've still gotta deal with people - It's not like L.A."

Despite this, the duo explained that the album also features a more UK-influenced track.

"We actually have a British song on our album," Mike D continued, "You're gonna have to wait and see - just leave it at that. We'll unleash it on you, but it's a very British-centric - whatever you'd call it - type of song."

Typically vague about most aspects of the record and future live shows, the pair seemed optimistic about the album, with Yauch leaving the masses of madly salivating fans in no doubt about how the long-awaited record will sound.

"Its cool. [It's] a straight hip-hop record."
NEW FACE IN HELL
Rongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's army
Old Feb 21st, 2004, 05:22 PM       
I can't wait

I've been a BB fan since I was a youngin, and to this day they remain one of my favorite bands
Mocker
EverythingWillSuck is probably a spambot
Old Feb 21st, 2004, 05:59 PM       
so there's only two of them now?

sorry, I'm not really full up on BB info
Banned
FartinMowler sucks
Old Feb 21st, 2004, 06:02 PM       
I alway's liked them