Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Philosophy, Politics, and News
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Will chop you good.
sspadowsky is probably a spambot
Old Nov 7th, 2006, 07:55 AM        Fraudsters set their alarm clocks early
According to Daily Kos, registered Democrats in Virginia are already getting phone calls, saying either that their polling location has changed, or that they are not registered to vote in their area, and will be criminally charged if they show up to vote. There are other issues with ballots and machines as well. Follow the linky.

I wonder how come the Republicans are getting such a bum rap these days?
Mocker
KevinTheOmnivore is probably a spambot
Old Nov 7th, 2006, 08:05 AM       
Sorry, didn't see your article, but I did see " Most Republicans aren't conservatives, they're authoritarians". I scrolled down but got articles from last night, so they couldn't be relevant to returns today.

I'm shocked that the Daily Kos might speculate on Republican voter intimidation.
Will chop you good.
Old Nov 7th, 2006, 08:06 AM       
A thousand pardons- I didn't link directly enough.

Here you go.
Mocker
Old Nov 7th, 2006, 09:44 AM       
It's a valid concern in Arlington, since so many people there are transient, however....that's fucking bullshit.

Now that should be a big story.
Will chop you good.
Old Nov 7th, 2006, 09:47 AM       
Agreed 100%. And you know how much CNN.com has to say about it?

So far, not a goddamn thing.

Stupid liberal media.
Will chop you good.
Old Nov 7th, 2006, 11:24 AM       
Looks like MSNBC has picked up on the Virginia fiasco.
--------------------------------------------------------------
FBI looking into possible Va. voter intimidation
Officials probing reports of phone calls allegedly intended to confuse voters

The Federal Bureau of Investigation is looking into the possibility of voter intimidation in the U.S. Senate race between Sen. George Allen, a Republican, and Democratic challenger James Webb, officials told NBC News.

State officials alerted the Justice Department on Tuesday to several complaints of suspicious phone calls to voters who attempted to misdirect or confuse them about election day, Jean Jensen, Secretary of the Virginia State Board of Elections, told NBC’s David Shuster.

Jensen told NBC that she had been contacted by FBI agents. The FBI in Richmond refused to comment.

State Democratic Party counsel Jay Myerson said in a written statement issued by the Webb campaign that he believed Republicans are behind an orchestrated effort to suppress votes for the Democratic challenger.

Republican officials, including the executive director of the Virginia Republican Party, have told NBC that the GOP and Allen campaign are focused on mobilizing voters and have not discouraged anyone from voting.

In the Washington, D.C., area, NBC affiliate News4 reported on its Web site that it had received e-mail from a viewer in Virginia who said he received a phone call from so-called volunteers threatening voters with arrest if they cast ballots.

News4 reported: “The viewer's e-mail stated after he had voted, he received a call from an unknown caller who said they knew the voter was registered out of state and would be arrested if they voted today. The viewer's e-mail stated he's been registered to vote in Virginia for the last three years and has the Virginia Voter Registration card to prove it.”

The Webb campaign also said other voters are getting calls telling them their polling location has changed.
------------------------------------------------------------------------

There's more to the article, but the rest of it basically pertains to poorly trained poll workers, machine malfunctions, and the like.

Has anyone heard about such intimidation tactics being used elsewhere?
Mocker
theapportioner is probably a spambot
Old Nov 7th, 2006, 12:59 PM       
Also in that article is a bit about how flyers are allegedly blanketing black communities in VA. Flyers that say "skip this election".

Sheesh. I'm looking forward to Macacawitz's concession speech.
The Moxie Nerve Food Tonic
mburbank has disabled reputation
Old Nov 7th, 2006, 01:18 PM       
I wish I could be so sanguine. Keep in mind, experts have already agreed that E-voting fraud will be invisible and untraceable.
Mocker
Old Nov 7th, 2006, 01:32 PM       
Many precincts in Indiana are reporting machine problems, but they're trying to keep the polls open late.
Mocker
theapportioner is probably a spambot
Old Nov 7th, 2006, 01:44 PM       
WaPo reports that people in Maryland are handing out sample ballots that list Republicans Michael Steele (congress) and Robert Ehrlich (governor) as Democrats.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...110700317.html
Mocker
Old Nov 7th, 2006, 01:50 PM       
Steele has everything riding on PG County, so that doesn't surprise me, although it's dirty as hell.
Old Nov 7th, 2006, 03:51 PM       
Election Fixing Charges Fly in Utah County
The Associated Press

Tuesday 07 November 2006

Salt Lake City - Voting appears to be very popular in Daggett County, Utah.

Daggett County has registered 947 voters for Tuesday's election. According to the most recent Census figures, that's four more than the county's population in 2005.

A spokesman for Attorney General Mark Shurtleff says complaints of vote-stuffing in the county are being investigated. Democrats suspect County Clerk Vickie McKee is letting outsiders swell the Daggett County registration rolls to give Republicans an advantage. The Democrats also say the father of a Republican deputy running for sheriff has 14 adults registered at his household. McKee hasn't responded to messages from The Associated Press.
was never good
Chojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contest
Old Nov 7th, 2006, 06:40 PM       
Hey Kevin we live and voted in PG county! TAKE IT TO THE MAN TAKE IT TO THE MAN DANN NA NA NA NA Except where we voted the only piece of Republican anything was this pamphlet from Giannetti that made me lol in line ;<

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senator John A. Giannetti, Jr
Dear Friends:

Hello! Over the past for years, I've worked hard to represent you, and the fruits of my labor are easy to see. Our district has enjoyed a record number of local projects and unprecedented state investment thanks to good ol' fashioned hard work. Our region is booming.

My legislation for drunk driving and for strengthening our criminal laws has won awards and has been recognized state-wide. I've played a major role in getting historic legislation through, including the sexual predators bill, the stem cell bill, the teacher pension bill, and the hate crimes legisation. I don't stand on the sidelines; I get involved and have passed more legislation than almost any other senator. I even won the Legislator of the Year award last year from the Fraternal Order of Police. I'm proud of that.

Now I need your help.

My opponent continues to misrepresent my record and my votes. He questions my character and posts embarassing information about my family on the web. It's hard to understand why someone who I saved from choking would act that way. He should attack my record, not my character and my family.

Please say no to his tactics, and realize that I have given my all for you and my other constituents. No one works harder than I do, and few senators have been so successful. Now I need your vote so that I can continue my work in Annapolis.

Please come out and support me on November 7th. I need your vote of support.

It is a true honor to represent you. I remain,

Always at your Service,
[Signed]
Senator John Giannetti Jr.
I love how that's his entire problem with D's - UNGRATEFULNESS. WHY! I SAVED YOU! I GAVE YOU A NEW LEASE ON LIFE! PLEASE DON'T GO TO THE INTERNET! THERE'S PLENTY OF STUFF RIGHT HERE FOR YOU TO MAKE FUN OF This dude has also pained the town RED with pictures of his face and was out waving at cars on route 1 one morning on my way to work.
Banned
FartinMowler sucks
Old Nov 7th, 2006, 07:07 PM       
I think you should take the registrared voter's and subtract them from the registrarrred gun owner's and have a old timey shoot out and count how many holes in the bodies subtract from the barn shooters and there you has a election count
=======

Preechr is probably a spambot
Old Nov 7th, 2006, 07:17 PM       
It's "you GOTS a election count."

How can someone who obviously thinks so much of their ideas have so little respect for expressing them? How can someone who so yearns to be taken seriously make so little effort?!
Old Nov 8th, 2006, 08:59 AM       
I love my precinct. No touch screens, and as usual I walked right in, didn't wait at all, voted and left.
Unmedicated genius
Courage the Cowardly Dog is probably a spambot
Old Nov 11th, 2006, 02:47 PM       
The ends justifying the means seems to be a great mantra for these asshats. I hope they can track and prosecute such morons come the next phone bill that records who called them and from where.
Level 29 ♂
Emu is probably a real personEmu is probably a real person
Old Nov 11th, 2006, 02:57 PM       
Our voting machines were these weird screens with rotating dials you used to pick your candidate. ;o And you had to hit the okay button like three times every time you changed screens.

"Are you sure you want to keep this page?"
"Are you sure you're sure?"
"Really?"
"Okay, but we're giving you one more chance. Here's who you voted for. Is this okay?"
"Are you sure?"
=======

Preechr is probably a spambot
Old Nov 11th, 2006, 10:54 PM       
Funny how, now that Democrats finally won something, voting fraud is no longer such a big problem as it was back when Democrats didn't winstuff, isn't it?

How can someone who obviously thinks so much of their ideas have so little respect for expressing them? How can someone who so yearns to be taken seriously make so little effort?!
Unmedicated genius
Courage the Cowardly Dog is probably a spambot
Old Nov 12th, 2006, 07:14 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Preechr
Funny how, now that Democrats finally won something, voting fraud is no longer such a big problem as it was back when Democrats didn't winstuff, isn't it?
Not to mention how many people this election who were registered dead people, but I guess that happens every year. It's just usually the dead people vote republican, or the elderly nearly dead people.

I blame the turnout on Rush Limbaugh, as someone who tends to vote republican I gotta say that guy is an egocentric assclown who needs to STFU and GTFO. Which is what most forum goers say of me but I digress.
was never good
Chojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contest
Old Nov 12th, 2006, 08:17 PM       
There was a big sign here in PG county that was bright blue, said 'VOTE 24th DEMOCRATS' and had a list of republicans on it.

I actually went into the polls thinking Giannetti was a Dem ;<
Level 29 ♂
Emu is probably a real personEmu is probably a real person
Old Nov 12th, 2006, 09:11 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chojin
There was a big sign here in PG county that was bright blue, said 'VOTE 24th DEMOCRATS' and had a list of republicans on it.

I actually went into the polls thinking Giannetti was a Dem ;<
I have to keep telling myself that Republicans generally aren't slimy people and then I hear things like this