Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Philosophy, Politics, and News
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Unmedicated genius
Courage the Cowardly Dog is probably a spambot
Old Nov 13th, 2006, 07:21 PM        Chuck Norris in Iraq, might as well start the victory parade
A Letter from the Front Lines

Who want's a roundhouse from THIS bad boy?

What follows is a letter from Chuck Norris while in Iraq

I was scheduled to make this trip three years ago, but it was cancelled for ''security reasons.'' Three days later Saddam Hussein was captured.

There is simply no way to thank all the USO personnel, Brig. Gen. Robert B. Neller, Maj. Gen. Richard C. Zilmer, and dozens of others who provided us with the privilege (and safety) to participate in this mission of support. A special thanks to Gen. Robert Magnus, whose companionship was deeply appreciated and who recently penned one of the finest defenses of our troops I've ever read.

For obvious reasons, I cannot list all of the places we toured, but I can tell you that we went farther into the Iraqi war zone than is generally allowed.

In a four-day period, we visited and encouraged what they tell me were 18,295 total service members in a dozen locations.

I've relived several moments over and over in my mind this past week.

I thoroughly loved the Marine Corps Martial Arts Program demonstration (not a surprise there!).

I was honored to preside over five promotions and four reenlistments.

I will never forget the camp where we met the brothers, who served together, and the sergeant-major and his son serving together. Incredible!

I still pray for the six we visited in the hospital who had sustained injuries from IED attacks. Particularly moving to me was hugging one of those young Marines, who was riddled with shrapnel wounds from a suicide bomber.

Everyone there is very committed to the cause of freedom. There is no exception. We only spent four days there. Most are giving a few years. We didn't lay our lives on the line. They do.

It is I who was blessed for visiting our troops. It is I who am still blessed for being a spiritual leader to ten platoons in Iraq.

Playing a Small Part in Our Troops' Inspiration … and Humor

Even in the gravity of war, I was pleased to see that our troops could enjoy lighter moments, even using my name and face!

I still smile as I see the Special Forces who had named their vehicle after me. Other units not only adopted my image on their vehicles, but one even had the call sign of ''Walker.''

They told me four months ago one soldier said the only way he would reenlist is if the unit ''got Chuck Norris out here.'' Standing by him, the soldier asked me to ''give him an arm bar'' (twisting his arm) when he signed the paperwork. I'm a patriot, so I was happy to oblige!

And a huge laugh erupted at an operations intelligence briefing that closed with the slide, ''Since Chuck Norris is here, everyone can go home tomorrow!''

Of course I had a little fun of my own. Like the time in Fallujah, after having breakfast with some Navy Seals, I left a little memento on the wall: ''Chuck Norris Fact: Chuck Norris was here. 11.2.06''

I am honored, humbled and proud to have played a small part in our troops' inspiration … and even humor! If it puts a smile on their faces, count me in.

What Is Unpatriotic and Unjust

Of course we all know there is nothing funny about war. As much as anyone, I wish we could have brought each of them home to their families. (We did bring home with us a young Marine on emergency leave whose father was very ill).

I'll be honest with you. I simply don't understand how anyone could neglect the support of these fine men and women. It is not only unpatriotic. It is unjust.

The military is very close to me, because it turned my life around. Joining the military helped me get on the right path. I still believe it can help others too.

That is why I stand with the majority of Americans who say to all our service members, their families, and indeed all the veterans who have served this great country and the cause of freedom, we salute you! We support you! And we will continue to pray for you.

source: http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/ar...TICLE_ID=52926
Funky Dynamite
Dr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty ok
Old Nov 13th, 2006, 07:38 PM       
I'll bet he tried to sell them a bunch of excercise equipment while he was there.

RectalWart is probably a spambot
Old Nov 13th, 2006, 09:07 PM       
You just KNOW that just seconds after that "fun headlock" picture was taken, Chuck snapped that young mans neck for daring to laugh!
Banned
Location: Illinois, Alberta, Canada, Thailand, Space, Groundling Marsh, Manhattan, Man Hat Ton
ArrowX sucks
Old Nov 14th, 2006, 09:18 AM       
Hes a washed up shitty actor, he's against murder because he loves jesus hes a pussy in real life.
Banned
FartinMowler sucks
Old Nov 14th, 2006, 10:01 AM       
Rectal Wart ruined the joke in my head