Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Gaming 'n Toys
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

A.S.H. is probably a spambot
Old Jan 17th, 2004, 12:20 PM        CURSE YOU GUNBOUND!
You see, this is the problem. First I got a laptop and I found it was really condusive to my writting. But now I found a fun little game that can play well on my laptop that has a simple but complex dynamic.

It's Gunbound (google it, I'm sure you'll find it).

Ever play Scorched Earth? Strategic Shelling is the name of the game my friends.

However, Scorched Earth was about buying weapons and generally staying rather still unless your solid footing is forcibly removed by way of cannon fire.

Gunbound has about 12 different 'Mobile' Frames, which are tanks with two standard weapons, and one special weapon that you can only activate use once in a while. Each tank is weak to a specific kind of weapon. You've got Hit, Explosive, Electric, and Laser. Tank Types are Creature, Shield, and Machine. You've got six item slots, with items taking 1 or 2 slots.

Now, add in a very massive multi-player network. Battles can be up to eight people, and are team based.

But wait, there's more. You have your own character which you can customize with various items that can be purchased with 'Gold' you earn in battle, or 'Cash' which you get buy giving actual moneys. I don't see much point in using Cash, considering that you already download the game FOR FREE! Of course, some people are pathetic when it comes to games (*COUGH*EVERQUEST!*COUGH*).

What you've got is addictive team-based Strategic Shelling. I've stayed up quite a few nights realizing I've got to be at work in four hours after playing this. Shiiit.
"Who are these people? They look like caricatures of used car dealers from Dallas. And, sweet jesus, there are a hell of a lot of them at four thirty on a Sunday morning." - Fear and Loathing In Las Vegas
I do not do drugs, I am drugs. - Salvador Dali
Fartin's biggest fan
Perndog is probably a spambot
Old Jan 17th, 2004, 12:42 PM       
Been there. Done that.
ProfessorCool is probably a spambot
Old Jan 18th, 2004, 02:46 PM       
I tried playing this game, it was cool for awhile, but all the other players want to do is get clothing for their character, it's like Barbie Supermodel with guns.

Old Jan 19th, 2004, 08:00 AM       
Well, that is one of the points, making your guy look cool and boosting his stats. And if you don't like the stat boosting element, there are several servers that turn it off.
"Who are these people? They look like caricatures of used car dealers from Dallas. And, sweet jesus, there are a hell of a lot of them at four thirty on a Sunday morning." - Fear and Loathing In Las Vegas

CastroMotorOil is probably a spambot
Old Jan 19th, 2004, 12:42 PM       
There's only one if you are above noob level. Plus the stupid asians take that game WAY to seriously.
Fartin's biggest fan
Old Jan 19th, 2004, 02:19 PM       
That's kinda what asians do.

And you can sell some of the best gear for $40 on eBay. Not that the time it takes to get said gear is worth it.

Old Jan 19th, 2004, 02:25 PM       
I'd say if you didn't pay for the game and you couldn't have done much else in the time you played, that's a pretty good profit.
Fartin's biggest fan
Old Jan 19th, 2004, 02:43 PM       
It takes many many hours to get enough gold to afford that stuff. If you can work for more than $2 an hour, you're wasting time playing Gunbound for money.
TOP CHEF
Stabby is probably a spambot
Old Jan 19th, 2004, 10:00 PM       
Why pay for your avatar items when you can just scam people out of theirs... Actually I do have a list of some 2,000 names and passwords of people who tried to download an "aimbot" for the game. Suckers. I can share too but most of them have been cleaned out or were just lowly chicks to begin with.

But yeah, I found this game a couple months ago and found it to be strangely addicting too. The problem is that it SEEMS like its a quick game: "I'll just play a round or two before dinner." I say to myself, but those games can take a long time and before you know it you've wasted a couple hours in front of the game. But it is fun to verbally insult the little asian kids that play all the time. So many words the swear filter doesn't pick up...

I'm Stabsalot in the game if anyone wants to play with me...

Old Jan 20th, 2004, 06:21 PM       
AshCyc, I'm still hanging around the Begineers Zone 1 (Avatar Function On) until I at least get up to a Metal Axe. Wood Axe, wtf is a wood axe, IT'S A FUCKING MALLET!
Fartin's biggest fan
Old Jan 20th, 2004, 06:45 PM       
I quit when I reached 2 metal axes. The game only has so much to offer before it gets monotonous.

I did go back a couple of days ago to play with the new mobile, though.

EDIT: Oh yeah, I got the pirate hat too.
ProfessorCool is probably a spambot
Old Jan 21st, 2004, 01:19 AM       
I quit when I had enough money for that kickin ranger hat, then there was nothing left for me.

Darko is probably a spambot
Old Jan 24th, 2004, 05:05 PM       
I downloaded this game if anyone still plays it. My name is muadxdib.
"Who?"

www.brokenfree.net