Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Philosophy, Politics, and News
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #26  
Pharaoh Pharaoh is offline
Member
Pharaoh's Avatar
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: England
Old Jan 18th, 2006, 03:38 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by mburbank
true enough for the observation of it, but when you are doing the deconstructing of the idea you become at odds with the percieving of it. Don't discount the part where a person has to do the observation of the idea and how his being the perciever of the idea has an impactation to it in terms of the philosiphising about it.
Boring.
Reply With Quote
  #27  
mburbank mburbank is offline
The Moxie Nerve Food Tonic
mburbank's Avatar
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: right behind you
Old Jan 18th, 2006, 03:45 PM       
seriously?
Reply With Quote
  #28  
The One and Only... The One and Only... is offline
Mocker
The One and Only...'s Avatar
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Harlem
Old Jan 18th, 2006, 03:48 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by mburbank
true enough for the observation of it, but when you are doing the deconstructing of the idea you become at odds with the percieving of it. Don't discount the part where a person has to do the observation of the idea and how his being the perciever of the idea has an impactation to it in terms of the philosiphising about it.
Well, you still perceive the deconstruction - it's not that you no longer have any knowledge of the concept, but rather that you are no longer inferring it. For example, in deconstructing causuality, you can still have a sense of what causuality meant in the past context, you just are no longer inferring it.

Kulturkampf, your pretty much a giant bigot anyway. I think it's pretty obvious that social concepts play an influence on development throughout life. You can keep believing that depression is rampant because of chemical imbalances if you want, but I'll keep pointing out the fag who only realized he was gay at 30.

And the new context is meant to be value-free and inherently unjudging.
__________________
I have seen all things that are done under the sun; all is vanity and a chase after wind.
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Pharaoh Pharaoh is offline
Member
Pharaoh's Avatar
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: England
Old Jan 18th, 2006, 04:18 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by mburbank
seriously?
Yes.
Reply With Quote
  #30  
ziggytrix ziggytrix is offline
Mocker
ziggytrix's Avatar
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: i come from the water
Old Jan 18th, 2006, 05:35 PM       
lol @ people who don't recognize parody of themselves.
Reply With Quote
  #31  
Miss Modular Miss Modular is offline
Little Monster
Miss Modular's Avatar
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Haus of Gaga
Old Jan 18th, 2006, 06:57 PM       
Here's a GREAT deconstruction of OAO's philosphy:



:cheapshot
__________________
Live From New York, It's Saturday Night!!!: http://notready4primetime.wordpress.com/
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Pharaoh Pharaoh is offline
Member
Pharaoh's Avatar
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: England
Old Jan 19th, 2006, 07:37 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by ziggytrix
lol @ people who don't recognize parody of themselves.
That's why I said it's boring, you knucklehead, because all he ever does is make parodies and criticize grammar.
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Kulturkampf Kulturkampf is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Uijeongbu, Gyeonggi-do, Korea
Old Jan 19th, 2006, 07:58 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by The One and Only...

Kulturkampf, your pretty much a giant bigot anyway. I think it's pretty obvious that social concepts play an influence on development throughout life. You can keep believing that depression is rampant because of chemical imbalances if you want, but I'll keep pointing out the fag who only realized he was gay at 30.

And the new context is meant to be value-free and inherently unjudging.
Good comeback:

"Your[sic] pretty much a giant bigot anyway."

I guess I will learn not to cast pearls at pigs -- I'll toss you some anal beads next time.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #34  
ziggytrix ziggytrix is offline
Mocker
ziggytrix's Avatar
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: i come from the water
Old Jan 19th, 2006, 09:33 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pharaoh
Quote:
Originally Posted by ziggytrix
lol @ people who don't recognize parody of themselves.
That's why I said it's boring, you knucklehead, because all he ever does is make parodies and criticize grammar.
I was referring to OaO's response you slow leak.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

   


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:53 PM.


© 2008 I-Mockery.com
Powered by: vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.