Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Movies & Television
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Now with less sodium!

Immortal Goat is probably a spambot
Old May 30th, 2006, 05:39 PM       
Honestly, I have no idea what the hell you're talking about. I've never seen a Ratner movie before this one, but for all of the things that could have been better (makeup, some of the wirework, and a little more screentime for some of the mutants) it did what I wanted it to do. Entertain me. They DID draw upon the source material, saw that it would suck if they tried to make real people do it, and changed it accordingly. Would you have been happier of they had put THIS in the movie?

Arts & Farts
Krythor is probably a real personKrythor is probably a real person
Old May 30th, 2006, 06:05 PM       
But nobody had a problem when Bryan Singer chose not to do that.
Legislacerator
ItalianStereotype is probably pretty okItalianStereotype is probably pretty okItalianStereotype is probably pretty okItalianStereotype is probably pretty okItalianStereotype is probably pretty ok
Old May 30th, 2006, 06:07 PM       
right. Ratner drew from the source material. I'll bet the closest he ever came to reading one of the comics was when he casually glanced at the title before wiping his ass with one of the books. and instead of even trying to successfully put comic material into the movie, it was just decided that they would fuck it up all on their own. cases in point: juggernaut, phoenix, psylocke, calysto, making 90% of all mutants ASIANS, and so on.

and no, I don't really want a 12 year old in a styrofoam costume playing wolverine. how the hell did we even start talking about wolverine's costume? and how fucking out of date can you be?
Mocker
ScruU2wice is probably a spambot
Old May 30th, 2006, 06:11 PM       
The reason I don't like it is purely because of what they did with the story. The characters are virtually the same as the other movies but what they do and how they react is completely different.

you have to admit that the story does have two very seperate plots, one is the "cure" and the other is dark pheonix, niether seems to be a subplot like love triangle between jean, scott, and wolvering. I think the point that's trying to be made is that either one of the storylines would have been good if they really just focused on one of them.

They both just seemed kinda independent of each other except that they involved the same characters. If it was just cure story then there wouldn't need to be jean gray just standing there on alcatraz for 20 minutes waitining for the little boys story to get resolved. It just seemed like 2 movies meshed in to one.

The other thing is that I didn't like the movie as a conclusion to the other 2 movies. It resolved all the human vs. mutant tension without actually showing any humans. I mean as a human in the Xmen universe if I found the shit that went down on Alcatraz I would be blindly prejudice toward mutants. But instead it just kinda caps of with this almost cheesy happy ending deal. I don't know if that's part of the comic book or not but It seemed like the movie forgot what it was trying to get at until the last 10 minutes and it needed a quick fix.

And I don't buy into that "oh well he made it look good" crap. They did that in the other 2 movies too, he wasn't forging any new territory with the costumes. Everything that was good about this movie was already established in the first two.

N00bKill3R is probably a spambot
Old May 31st, 2006, 01:36 PM       
Alright seriously... the movie was WRITTEN way before Ratner was even signed on as director, it was written before Singer even left the project. I think he did an excellent job with what he was given. And as for all this bullshit about the characters, you need to stop being a faggoty fanboy for 2 seconds to realize that characters/actions/events that play well in the comics and the cartoon just wouldn't work the same in the context to the films.

Also to the post above... I think the mutant/human conflict had been somewhat resolved between the end of the second movie and the start of the third. It seems like humans realized that Magneto and the Brotherhood were the enemy and that all other mutant were not a threat.
OH GOD
executioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contest
Old May 31st, 2006, 01:41 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by N00bKill3R
Alright seriously... the movie was WRITTEN way before Ratner was even signed on as director, it was written before Singer even left the project.
just like star wars episode 1-3 right guys
Legislacerator
ItalianStereotype is probably pretty okItalianStereotype is probably pretty okItalianStereotype is probably pretty okItalianStereotype is probably pretty okItalianStereotype is probably pretty ok
Old May 31st, 2006, 01:52 PM       
uh, actually, Ratner co-wrote the script after Singer left. that's awesome how you come in this thread being all uppity and then turn out to not even know what you're talking about. keep it up, slugger.

and maybe they should've listened to some "faggoty fanboys" because what they had in the movie sure as hell didn't work. but then, obviously being the connoisseur of good taste that you are, mr. N00bKill3R, it would probably be wasted on you. much like the gift of human life.

N00bKill3R is probably a spambot
Old May 31st, 2006, 02:15 PM       
Hmm... I'm pretty sure I heard Ratner himself say that he didn't change any part of the original script aside from a few structural and character aspects. I don't post opinionated bullshit.
Legislacerator
Old May 31st, 2006, 03:24 PM       
if that's the case, then Matthew Vaughn must've fucked everything up in the short time that he was director because those writers weren't so happy. but really, I doubt it.
Mocker

James sucks
Old May 31st, 2006, 07:24 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Immortal Goat
I don't want to see Juggernaut get his powers from some radioactive space crystal, I want something that actually fits into the world that they have created.
But that's a logical change. I don't think anyone was going "WTF WHERE IS THE RUBY OF CYTERAAAAKK NERD RAGE!" It's more like "Why does Juggernaut look like a gay gladiator?"

Logical changes from the source material is one thing. Illogical changes is another. And changes aside, I just think the basic premise for the movie and the direction it took just left a lot of people unhappy, regardless of if they read/enjoy the comics.
Lord Felch Demon
Ninjavenom is probably a spambot
Old May 31st, 2006, 10:45 PM       
Where was Psylocke? She is by far the sexiest mutant ever, and i am horrified to wonder what was done to ruin her
Mocker

James sucks
Old May 31st, 2006, 11:55 PM       
She was the asian chick with Calysto and Stacy-X, with the purple streaks in her hair.
dipshed
GADZOOKS is probably a spambot
Old Jun 1st, 2006, 12:32 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by N00bKill3R
Hmm... I'm pretty sure I heard Ratner himself say that he didn't change any part of the original script aside from a few structural and character aspects. I don't post opinionated bullshit.
By character aspects do you mean making them quote the internet?

SUFFER is probably a spambot
Old Jun 1st, 2006, 05:35 AM       
this movie was fucked up all over the place
it was alright in some of the action sequences but totally took the storyline off a goddamn cliff , the first 2 movies had such promise and direction and it seems like when they took over this movie they just instead of expanding drive the story into the fucking ground .
oh yeah and as for that juggernaut shit :
http://realjuggernaut.ytmnd.com/
it has obviously become some kind of infectious disease
Mocker
Jixby Phillips is probably a spambot
Old Jun 1st, 2006, 06:17 AM       
you guys are all nersd
Mocker
Old Jun 1st, 2006, 06:18 AM       
seriously how anybody could consider movies like this anything less than a headache is beyond me
Whiter than Alabaster
the_dudefather is probably a spambot
Old Jun 1st, 2006, 02:39 PM       
just came back from it, thought it was ok,

*spoilers* personal highs/lows:

Quote:

+the beast
+the makers balls to kill off a couple of key characters
+naked chick ftw
-juggernaut was a bit rubbish (vinnie jones wtf?)
-too many "lol look at this mutant students wacky powers" moments (true this was in the first 2 movies too, but seriously, what kind of power is pencil vision?)
-couldnt magneto use a damn boat? he could use his floaty powers for that too if he wanted

Mocker
Old Jun 1st, 2006, 04:36 PM       
dont wanna spoil *THIS* movie
The Moxie Nerve Food Tonic
mburbank has disabled reputation
Old Jun 2nd, 2006, 03:39 PM       
Okay, I'll go out on a limb here and bet that I'm the only one here who's actually read more than thirty years of x-men continuity as it was published.

I'd be the first to admit, that is a very sad statement, and if I had all the money I'd spent I could buy a nice car.

Here's the thing though. Have you noticed the X-men have had about two dozen continuities over the years and currently maintain, what, like six different ongoing continuities? And you're pissed that the movie continuity is yet one more? Why bother?

You Didn't like the movie? Fine. No one has to. But you didn't like it becuase it 'wasn't true to the source material'? WHICH source material? Which artist writer combo of the six bazailliuon who've played around with these characters?

I liked the movie less than some of my favorites, but way, way, way, way,way better than when say it was all about Cable.
Resident Chimp
AChimp is probably a real personAChimp is probably a real person
Old Jun 2nd, 2006, 04:15 PM       
The first two movies were better than this one. There wasn't nearly as much of a plot as there was in the previous movies, and a lot of the action scenes seemed to just be an excuse to show off more mutants and more powers and more special effects.

The people complaining about Juggernaut's costume are gay fanboys.
Mocker

James sucks
Old Jun 2nd, 2006, 05:05 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by AChimp
The people complaining about Juggernaut's costume are gay fanboys.
If we were gay, we'd love his costume a lot more.

I'm not saying he should have been a 15-foot-tall wall of brown armor and spandex. I'm just saying he shouldn't have looked so dull. Or naked.

Sideshow Collectables had the best Juggernaut design. Conventional, realistic, and enough integrity of the familiar comic design.

Pickled Patriarch
Mockery is probably a real personMockery is probably a real person
Old Jun 2nd, 2006, 05:17 PM       

+

Separated at birth?
Level 29 ♂
Emu is probably a real personEmu is probably a real person
Old Jun 2nd, 2006, 05:59 PM       
Holy shit, I had that He-Man toy If you pushed his legs in he jumped!
Banned
Location: Illinois, Alberta, Canada, Thailand, Space, Groundling Marsh, Manhattan, Man Hat Ton
ArrowX sucks
Old Jun 3rd, 2006, 12:40 AM       
They could have made him at the very least that Reddish Brown Color.
Banned
noob3 is probably a spambot
Old Jun 4th, 2006, 05:53 AM       
boring scene with people talking about somthing

key character explodes

boring scene

key character loses mutantness

angel makes appearance

key character implodes

angel saves somone, never seen again

beast farts

boring scene with people talking about somthing