Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Miscellaneous Forums > Questions, Suggestions, and Tech Support
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

wears a cape
boshobosho is probably a spambot
Old Jan 6th, 2008, 10:08 AM        Comic Book Forum
Can we possibly get a section specifically for Comic Books, or is 'Art Shit' the appropriate place for such discussion?
OH GOD
executioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contest
Old Jan 6th, 2008, 10:35 AM       
dude we just mashed all the forums together, comic book discussion goes in the gaming section (BECAUSE IT IS FOR NERDS)

unless you're gonna discuss manga in which case you can discuss it at the bottom of a lake
☆☆☆☆☆
Tadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contest
Old Jan 7th, 2008, 02:31 AM       
I was wondering about where to post book stuff. I like to talk about books instead of reading them.
God Emperor of Brigadoon

King Hadas is probably pretty okKing Hadas is probably pretty okKing Hadas is probably pretty ok
Old Jan 7th, 2008, 03:16 AM       
I think we should reinstate Recommended Reading guys, that's what I think!
OH GOD
executioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contest
Old Jan 7th, 2008, 03:19 AM       
the old recommended reading supposedly went to the philosophy forum, i guess

MAYBE THEY SOHULD PUT THAT STUFF IN THE FORUM DESCRIPTIONS IDK
God Emperor of Brigadoon

King Hadas is probably pretty okKing Hadas is probably pretty okKing Hadas is probably pretty ok
Old Jan 7th, 2008, 03:26 AM       
Posting this type of stuff in the philosophy boards just doesn't seem right to me. Even though we didn't use it much the forum has a lot of uses. People can talk about comics, post their own creative works (maybe 23_ could post some poetry) and under some circumstance maybe even talk about books. I think with all this new users popping up it might get more exposure this time around.
OH GOD
Old Jan 7th, 2008, 03:44 AM       
maybe it would be better off in art shit? idk
CHIEF OF POLICE
MLE is probably pretty okMLE is probably pretty okMLE is probably pretty okMLE is probably pretty ok
Old Jan 7th, 2008, 03:50 AM       
no it wouldn't. at best it goes in gaming because it's geeky. Art is art. comic book stuff does not go in there unless you drew it.
OH GOD
Old Jan 7th, 2008, 04:08 AM       
no i meant the recomended reading, not comics

i agree with where comics went
CHIEF OF POLICE
MLE is probably pretty okMLE is probably pretty okMLE is probably pretty okMLE is probably pretty ok
Old Jan 7th, 2008, 04:49 AM       
i don't think recommended reading material should go in art shit, no. People who are artistic are usually not creative in writing, and vice versa. it would defeat the purpose of us having our own sub forum.
was never good
Chojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contest
Old Jan 7th, 2008, 05:00 AM       
I imagine the philosophy forum as a MEN'S LOUNGE where studious types get together in big comfy chairs, smoke pipes, and discuss DELICATE MATTERS over a roaring fire.

And that is why you talk about books in there too.

Comic books should probably be talked about in General Blabber.
The Wolf
Zomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contest
Old Jan 8th, 2008, 02:55 AM       
Literature isn't art?

That was very funny. Well done.
CHIEF OF POLICE
Old Jan 8th, 2008, 03:03 AM       
Not in the way that i think of it, and I really do not want to incorporate that into my visual art forum. I'm mod of there because I have an interest in that. I'm not interested in being in a book club.
Pickled Patriarch
Mockery is probably a real personMockery is probably a real person
Old Jan 8th, 2008, 04:43 AM       
At the moment, all comic and book reading talk should be done in the General Blabber forum. We recently condensed the forums and the old comics/reading forum was one of the ones that didn't make the cut due to relative inactivity. However, if enough comic book and/or regular book threads are made in General Blabber, we might eventually create a new comic forum. For now though, let's see how things go in General Blabber.
The Wolf
Zomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contest
Old Jan 8th, 2008, 07:25 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by MLE View Post
Not in the way that i think of it, and I really do not want to incorporate that into my visual art forum. I'm mod of there because I have an interest in that. I'm not interested in being in a book club.
Well not trying to talk down to you or anything, but that forum has been around for a long time and it's the first time there hasn't been a forum for forms of literature.

Art certainly isn't restricted to the "visual arts". I put quotations because apparently music is now accepted in there too, even though there's a dedicated forum for it. I don't know, or care, what's going on in that forum but I don't like that writing seems to be thought of as something completely different.

Essentially, I'm just splitting hairs for the fuck of it but I don't like that we now have to discuss stuff that's important to some of us in the forum that is populated mainly by mongoloids while everyone with a pen and a paper get their own forum to do that in (as long as they're using those items to draw, of course).

was never good
Chojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contest
Old Jan 9th, 2008, 09:27 PM       
Did your anime club get its own wing of the high school?
frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Jan 9th, 2008, 09:39 PM       
I don't like that at all. I thought "the arts" were the arts.

And they do have their own wing at my high school.
CHIEF OF POLICE
Old Jan 9th, 2008, 09:44 PM       
People, it was not my decision to take away the literature forum, but it doesn't belong in Art Shit. That's not what that forum is.
God Emperor of Brigadoon

Old Jan 9th, 2008, 10:44 PM       
Literature is definitely art though I agree with MLE that that it doesn't belong in Art Shit. I'm not sure what the man has against Recommended Reading but I'm protesting this!
The Wolf
Old Jan 10th, 2008, 08:37 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fathom Zero View Post
I don't like that at all. I thought "the arts" were the arts.

And they do have their own wing at my high school.
Yeah, that's just the thing. My college has a few campuses around the city and the creative writing courses are in the same one as the rest of the art stuff.

WELCOME TO THE PROTEST HADAS! FIGHT THE GOOD FIGHT BROTHA!

Funky Dynamite
Dr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty ok
Old Jan 10th, 2008, 12:32 PM       
I'm in favor of bringing back the Recommended Reading forum for books and comics. You can't expect to have even a half-serious discussion about anything in General Blabber, let alone books and comics. Plus, we're bound to be drawing in more comic fans now that we've got a comics section of Weekly Spotlights.

The Wolf
Old Jan 10th, 2008, 04:09 PM       
So let's get it made :O

Pickled Patriarch
Mockery is probably a real personMockery is probably a real person
Old Jan 10th, 2008, 06:40 PM       
Ok guys, here ya go:
http://www.i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=47

Use it well :O
Funky Dynamite
Dr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty ok
Old Jan 10th, 2008, 06:41 PM       
Make sure it gets plenty of traffic, all of you who care, or it'll be back to posting comic and book stuff in General Blabber.

The Wolf
Old Jan 10th, 2008, 07:55 PM       
Awesome, thanks. Make sure to appoint a moderator to deal with the raging conversations in there.