Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Gaming 'n Toys
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Funky Dynamite
Dr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty ok
Old Apr 13th, 2009, 04:40 PM       
Here's a few spelling errors from the manual page:

Overview
WarNet is a PBBG (see explnation below) set in WWII-era Europe. You must maintain a company of soldiers and fight other players for control of each country. The team with the most countries under their control will gain points more quickly than their opponent and when a team reaches 100 points that team will win the round. When a round has been won the game is reset and begins again.

Status Bar
The status bar is the upper-most bar shown at the top of each page. It displays important information related to the user such as their resources, general information such as their location, the number of units they have, the strength of their company and the number of points each team has. It also shown recent events such as attacks and messages received.

Requsitions

The Requisitions tab is used to purchase squads, vehicles and weapons. The first section shows a company summary which gives a brief summary of the units and weapons you own. Below this is the request units section from which you may buy units. To do this, simply enter the quantity you wish to buy into the input box in the table and click "Buy". Provided you have enough resources, the unit will then be added to your Manage Company tab. The Request Primary/Secondary Weapons table works in an identical way to this.

War Room
Below this is this Enemies in Country section. This shows all enemies in the country and allows you, by way of clicking on the of "Action" buttons, to attack or message any of the enemies in the country.

LOVES the tubal ligation!
Dimnos is probably a real personDimnos is probably a real person
Old Apr 13th, 2009, 08:08 PM       
Definitely need a way to see who and where your allies are and possibly what they have.
Hitler's Canoe!
MetalMilitia is probably a spambot
Old Apr 13th, 2009, 09:01 PM       
Cheers for the proof read, Boogie. I think at some point I'll have to vastly improve the guide in general as it's very poorly written.

Quick poll to those have played the game:

You receive resources:
1 - Too quickly
2 - At about the right rate
3 - Not quickly enough

If you don't think you get them quickly enough, how long do you think it should take to purchase a high-level tank?
Old Apr 13th, 2009, 09:55 PM       
I would say at about the right rate. Maybe just a tiny bit faster, but just a tiny bit, if anything at all.
☆☆☆☆☆
Tadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contest
Old Apr 14th, 2009, 02:17 AM       
Not sure yet, I'll know how I feel after a full game. BTW, what do we get every two hours and how many points for an occupied country?
Hitler's Canoe!
Old Apr 14th, 2009, 07:50 AM       
You get:
- 1 turn (max 15)
- 4 manpower (max 100)
- 5 munition (max 100)
- 2 fuel (max 100)
- 1 point for every country you own

Every 2 hours.

So I guess it takes 100 hours to buy the most expensive tank, which is less than the amount of time a round will typically last. Hmmmmm.
Old Apr 14th, 2009, 10:25 AM       
Maybe bump the fuel up to 3 every 2 hours, and possibly drop the tank costs down just a little.
☆☆☆☆☆
Tadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contest
Old Apr 14th, 2009, 01:50 PM       
I think I would use the war room communications if I could communicate with my team while they are in a separate country.
☆☆☆☆☆
Old Apr 14th, 2009, 01:56 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dimnos View Post
Maybe bump the fuel up to 3 every 2 hours, and possibly drop the tank costs down just a little.
IDK, I would hate to see tanks everywhere so easily. The game could last a long time with stalemates, so there could be one guy saving up his fuel to dominate later.

Which leads me to think that it would be nice if a bunch of little squads could chips away at a super tank. Like say hit points don't just go back to full after the battle, you get a certain amount back every 15mins or something.
☆☆☆☆☆
Old Apr 14th, 2009, 01:58 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalMilitia View Post
You get:
- 1 turn (max 15)
- 4 manpower (max 100)
- 5 munition (max 100)
- 2 fuel (max 100)
- 1 point for every country you own

Every 2 hours.

So I guess it takes 100 hours to buy the most expensive tank, which is less than the amount of time a round will typically last. Hmmmmm.
Also this would be good in the manual
Hitler's Canoe!
Old Apr 14th, 2009, 05:20 PM       
I've updated the UI in a number of small ways. What do we think - better or worse?

Tadao, good suggestions I'll see what I can do.

Other than that in the near future I want to try and add some way of viewing detailed summaries of past battles and also some kind of spy/recon unit that can be used to probe an enemies defences before an attack.
Hitler's Canoe!
Old Apr 14th, 2009, 05:27 PM       
One other thing: does anyone have any suggestions for how to make the events summary more useful considering how little space there is to play with?

The main failing seems to be that it doesn't show you what has changed since your last log-on.
☆☆☆☆☆
Old Apr 15th, 2009, 02:23 PM       
The "more info" on what happened when someone attacked you is great.
Old Apr 15th, 2009, 03:45 PM       
In the requisitions tab, under the Company Summary... The armament box still shows equipment that I used to have but lost in a battle somewhere.
☆☆☆☆☆
Old Apr 15th, 2009, 03:50 PM       
Am I the only active German?
Tadao
Oadat
Doom
Hitler's Canoe!
Old Apr 15th, 2009, 03:54 PM       
Lol, I think so. D:
☆☆☆☆☆
Old Apr 17th, 2009, 01:38 PM       
Lol, did I win that last round on my own?
IWORKFORTHEMAN:MAN
Misdemonar is probably a spambot
Old Apr 17th, 2009, 08:38 PM       
HOW THE FUCK DID GERMANY WIN WHEN THEY HAD NO COUNTRIES?
☆☆☆☆☆
Old Apr 17th, 2009, 08:42 PM       
Last night I took 1 country and stalemated the other 2.
IWORKFORTHEMAN:MAN
Misdemonar is probably a spambot
Old Apr 17th, 2009, 11:46 PM       
GAY
☆☆☆☆☆
Old Apr 18th, 2009, 12:06 AM       
Yeah, but a 3 squad army beat all your asses.
God Emperor of Brigadoon

King Hadas is probably pretty okKing Hadas is probably pretty okKing Hadas is probably pretty ok
Old Apr 18th, 2009, 03:37 AM       
It'd be nice if I could change weapons on my units and apply them all in one go rather then have to apply each one individually.
I hate this hacker crap!
MarioRPG is probably a real personMarioRPG is probably a real person
Old Apr 21st, 2009, 12:14 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by King Hadas View Post
It'd be nice if I could change weapons on my units and apply them all in one go rather then have to apply each one individually.
Yeah, that's what I popped in to say.
It'd be good to be able to apply bought weapons to an entire squad (pending you had bought enough of course).

LOVE, YOUR FIJIAN HOST DAD
I hate this hacker crap!
MarioRPG is probably a real personMarioRPG is probably a real person
Old Apr 24th, 2009, 04:44 PM       
I got an error after I attacked Monster (browser: Firefox)
Quote:
A PHP Error was encountered

Severity: Notice

Filename: controllers/game.php

Line Number: 673
A PHP Error was encountered

Severity: Notice

Filename: controllers/game.php

Line Number: 673

LOVE, YOUR FIJIAN HOST DAD
Hitler's Canoe!
Old Apr 24th, 2009, 09:09 PM       
Ah okay cheers for the heads-up, I'll fix it.

Thanks for all the testing you guys did by the way. I don't know if I mentioned it before but the reason I made this was as a university research project, responsible for something like a third of my overall degree. The artefact isn't especially important - what you get good marks for is adapting it to suit user requirements and feedback.

Right now I've got a huge report on how and why I did everything to put together so I probably won't be able to put many big updates out but I hope to do something with this in the near future to make it much, much better and hopefully get a few more people involved.

Cheers all.