Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > General Blabber
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Dec 6th, 2010, 05:06 PM        Holiday Presents
I'm starting a "Whaddidjaget for X-MAS" sort of thread now because I'm not a part of Secret Santa and my grandmother sent me things for St. Nicholas Day.

She's awesome. I also got the typical shoes filled with candy.

I'm giving things to people, too, but they're mostly of the baked-goods variety.
hAS RUG-BURN
Evil Robot is probably a spambot
Old Dec 6th, 2010, 07:09 PM       
It appears as though shes trying to make you fat and depressed.
frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Dec 6th, 2010, 07:18 PM       
HAH, you can't make a depressed person depressed.
mmm muffins
Wiffles is probably pretty okWiffles is probably pretty okWiffles is probably pretty okWiffles is probably pretty ok
Old Dec 6th, 2010, 07:20 PM       
The sugar in those treats will fix that. At least temporarily ^^
frappez le cochon rouge
Old Dec 6th, 2010, 07:22 PM       
I've already eaten three of them.
BOO! A SPOOPY GHOST :x
Esuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contest
Old Dec 6th, 2010, 07:38 PM       
Unwrap a smile this Christmas

TomWritesAboutStuff.com - The #1 Worst Blog
teacup of sunshine
Kitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contest
Old Dec 6th, 2010, 07:39 PM       
I haven't done St Nicholas day since 4th grade. When we moved to Milwaukee all the kids were German and everyone came to school on Dec 6th or 7th talking about what they got. Then I came home and was all "wtf" to my mom and she got me a Super Shades binder so I had something. As soon as we were out of the area, we stopped.

I got zero Chanukah presents. Hopes are nonexistent for that, even though technically there are a couple more days.

I got one Christmas present early, a gift certificate for a wine place. It looks as if I will be trying new wines because they don't stock my favorites, but maybe there's a new favorite in there somewhere. I'm curious about a wine sales website that only stocks like 15 different wines. Works for them somehow, I guess.

If it counts, the guy at the British grocery gave me a treacle toffee today and the guy who's always so nice at the Sprint store waived the charge for a new battery. That was an unexpected spot of kindness.
frappez le cochon rouge
Old Dec 6th, 2010, 07:50 PM       
My grandmother's from Zinzinnati, so it's always been a tradition for me. As long as you make latkes, though, it's a fantastic Chanukah.
teacup of sunshine
Kitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contest
Old Dec 6th, 2010, 07:54 PM       
I haven't yet though I thought I was going to get some at the Chanukah party I went to but then I didn't. I saw the warming trays, but we barely knew anyone there and it would have been weird to just walk up and start eating food, idk.

I have a recipe for sweet potato latkes and was thinking about that if I have any energy tomorrow.
pickled
Nick is probably a spambot
Old Dec 6th, 2010, 08:28 PM       
So far I've only gotten this.
The Wolf
Zomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contest
Old Dec 6th, 2010, 09:31 PM       
I now re-iterate what I said in that thread. You've even started linking anything vaguely relevant to stuff on I-Mockery.

That was very funny. Well done.
pickled
Old Dec 6th, 2010, 10:10 PM       
I know, the SS event on I-Mockery.com is totally only vaguely relevant to I-Mockery.com
Pickled Patriarch
Mockery is probably a real personMockery is probably a real person
Old Dec 6th, 2010, 10:28 PM       
Fathom - Oh man, I have to try those holiday marshmallow treats. I was looking in my grocery store just the other day but didn't see any Christmas snacks yet other than a small tub of peppermint bark. Come on Little Debbie... don't fail me now.
The Wolf
Zomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contest
Old Dec 6th, 2010, 10:39 PM       
I've been seeing holiday treats since November. Then again, our Thanksgiving is in mid-October, so the stores go from Halloween to Christmas a lot quicker

Nick, people like you are why I love (and hate) the internet. Keep doing what you're doing, kiddo

That was very funny. Well done.
pickled
Old Dec 6th, 2010, 10:49 PM       
On it, boss.
Mocker
elx is probably pretty okelx is probably pretty okelx is probably pretty okelx is probably pretty ok
Old Dec 6th, 2010, 11:37 PM       
UNNECESSARILY LONG PERSONAL STORY: my two older brothers came home to spend thanksgiving break with us. they started getting ready to go black friday shopping at like 10PM and when I expressed interest in joining them they refused to allow me to come and told me to go to bed. I got kinda upset because I thought they were doing the whole not-wanting-your-baby-sister-tagging-along sorta thing. and they left without me and i went to bed super angry. the next morning i woke up to a limited edition wii and a 37 inch plasma. as it turns out they didn't want me to come because they planned this trip out specifically so they could give me an entertainment upgrade for christmas. they felt bad about making me feel bad so they gave it to me early.

naturally i've felt like a brat ever since. I want to give them something special in return but I dunno what a 23 and 20 year old dude would like aside from beer anybody have any awesome present ideas?!

edit: also i have discovered that the best gift to give somebody you loath is one of those magnified cosmetic mirrors. it's subtle enough to be received warmly but it'll make them feel horrible about themselves.

-MODERATOR MILHORSE
The Unicorn
Sam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contest
Old Dec 6th, 2010, 11:54 PM       
PUSSY.

NOT YOURS OBVIOUSLY.
OH GOD
executioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contest
Old Dec 7th, 2010, 01:19 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by elx View Post
edit: also i have discovered that the best gift to give somebody you loath is one of those magnified cosmetic mirrors. it's subtle enough to be received warmly but it'll make them feel horrible about themselves.
i learned that from reading Lord of the Rings :nerd :angelicabaggins
frappez le cochon rouge
Old Dec 7th, 2010, 03:49 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam View Post
PUSSY.

NOT YOURS OBVIOUSLY.

What if she lives in toothless country?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mockery View Post
Fathom - Oh man, I have to try those holiday marshmallow treats. I was looking in my grocery store just the other day but didn't see any Christmas snacks yet other than a small tub of peppermint bark. Come on Little Debbie... don't fail me now.
I hope you find them. They taste like Christmas! :O
Supa Soviet Missil Mastar
Zhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's army
Old Dec 7th, 2010, 04:37 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by elx View Post

naturally i've felt like a brat ever since. I want to give them something special in return but I dunno what a 23 and 20 year old dude would like aside from beer anybody have any awesome present ideas?!
What kind of guys are they? Do you know what they like doing?
OH GOD
executioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contest
Old Dec 7th, 2010, 04:48 AM       
nerf guns, the more rounds fired the better
teacup of sunshine
Old Dec 7th, 2010, 07:44 AM       
We've had all of the Little Debbie Christmas stuff around since halloween. Maybe a little before.

My favorite holiday-only stuff that comes out around here is the cranberry ginger ale. Well, that and the REAL pfeffernusse (not the archway crap with the powdered sugar...has to have that hard sugar shell).
Supa Soviet Missil Mastar
Zhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's army
Old Dec 7th, 2010, 08:33 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitsa View Post
My favorite holiday-only stuff that comes out around here is the cranberry ginger ale.
That sounds amazing. I wish we had more flavours of everything here.

Oh, and can we post pictures of presents we have bought ourselves here?
mmm muffins
Wiffles is probably pretty okWiffles is probably pretty okWiffles is probably pretty okWiffles is probably pretty ok
Old Dec 7th, 2010, 08:41 AM       
I'll prolly get nothing substantial this Xmas seeing as its been a long trend of ours to just enjoy a nice meal, and give gifts of snack cakes, candy bars, pudding, and the odd book or cheap toy. Not complaining or anything. ^^
Amicable Herculean
captain516 is probably a real personcaptain516 is probably a real person
Old Dec 23rd, 2010, 10:41 PM       
SAPMBOT, ALL I WANT FOR CHRISTMAS IS YOU