Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Philosophy, Politics, and News
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Official forum judge
Girl Drink Drunk is probably a spambot
Old May 31st, 2006, 08:03 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emu
Why bother sticking it to the Bush administration? The whole thing is going down in flames as we speak; riding that wagon is just going to alienate people further. I think Hillary's on the right track by sticking to policy and looking toward the future (namely, 2008) but she's going about it in completely the wrong way.
Good point. I think, though, that to some degree she has to criticize the administration, while also thinking about the future and adressing the future. She's gotta have some balls (lol. not literally, you big sillys) But I guess either way, it'll be bad if she sounds like some proganda machine or some bitter, old school teacher.
Little Monster
Miss Modular is probably a spambot
Old May 31st, 2006, 08:09 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by AChimp
I think Hillary was referring to the young people who graduate with degrees in poetry and basket-weaving, and then bitch about how there aren't any high-paying jobs waiting for their them (since they are so highly skilled, afterall).
When I graduated three years ago with a Computer Art degree, I had my sights set on "Receptionist". I still have yet to obtain that position, but I at least have a steady job. Not all of us expect six figure jobs right out of school, which is what incensed me about Hilary's remark in the first place.
Mocker
ziggytrix is probably a spambot
Old Jun 1st, 2006, 10:03 AM       
I only expected to be able to find a job in my field.

Not some temp job bullshit for 3 years followed by sneaking into a somewhat unrelated field thru straight-up nepotism.

Kids expect to start at 6 figures? HAHAHAHA! Yeah right.

Maybe if they had 5 figure allowances growing up....
YOU GUYS ARE DOING GREAT
Rez is probably a spambot
Old Jun 1st, 2006, 10:08 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by AChimp
I think Hillary was referring to the young people who graduate with degrees in poetry and basket-weaving, and then bitch about how there aren't any high-paying jobs waiting for their them (since they are so highly skilled, afterall).
i have never heard that ever about them ever.

art students may think they're hot shit, but really do feel extrememly insecure about their future financial prospects
master_d_68 is probably a spambot
Old Jun 4th, 2006, 03:23 AM       
That fuckin' bitch is so barren that she has the little cactus' from Mario Bros. 2 roaming around on her plains. Her and Jack Thompson know NOTHING about kids.
Mocker
ziggytrix is probably a spambot
Old Jun 4th, 2006, 11:23 AM       
hahah. that's great.