Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Philosophy, Politics, and News
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

Kulturkampf is probably a spambot
Old Nov 29th, 2007, 02:05 AM        Morrissey Denounces The Changed England
Bold words from a good man:
The pop singer Morrissey claims he can no longer live in a Britain he believes lost to an "immigration explosion".

The former frontman of the Smiths, who is now based in Rome, claimed England was just 'a memory now'.

The 48-year-old added: "Other countries have held on to their basic identity yet it seems to me that England was thrown away.
"The change in England is so rapid compared to the change in any other country.
"If you walk through Knightsbridge on any bland day of the week you won't hear an English accent.
"You'll hear every accent under the sun apart from the British accent.
"The British identity is very attractive, I grew up into it and I find it quaint and very amusing."
Morrissey, who has sung of his love for English culture and can count Tory leader David Cameron as a fan, is the son of an Irish immigrant family which settled in Manchester.
Daily Mail
Of course he will be branded as a racist: he doesn't pull the normal party line of the left. Anyone who believes their own nation should hold onto their identity becomes an outcast.

Even if their sexuality is questionable and they denounce Jesus Christ and are generally liberal; anyone is free to be branded a backwards reactionary if they refuse to pull this one party line.

I agree with Morrissey's sentiment and believe that it shows him to be a deeper person, a person who really knows what is going on as opposed to someone who just preaches a really linear party thought.