Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Philosophy, Politics, and News
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Legislacerator
ItalianStereotype is probably pretty okItalianStereotype is probably pretty okItalianStereotype is probably pretty okItalianStereotype is probably pretty okItalianStereotype is probably pretty ok
Old Sep 19th, 2008, 02:06 PM        To be more than human is to be human
So are there any transhumanists in the ranks? Not sure what a transhumanist is? EDUCATE YOURSELF

In order to be a transhumanist, one must accept the idea of the technological singularity. Basically, the singularity represents the point in technological advancement where there is nothing that humanity can do that AI cannot do for itself, including self-improvement. It's almost like Skynet. Acheiving this is an important evolutionary step for humanity, though it may seem difficult to understand why. Ultimately, this will change the course, but not the direction, of evolution.

A transhumanist desires above all else to be more than human. Only once we've reached the singularity will we really understand how to pursue this end. We've already begun dabbling in at our relatively primitive stage of advancement, but most of us don't realize it. Artificial organs, retinal implants, our constant connection to AI in one form or another, all of these and more represent a massive paradigm shift towards a posthuman culture. Eventually, we will be able to able to integrate technology and biology to the point where we can transcend the human condition and quite possibly overcome even involuntary death.

Sooooo, what's up, guys? How is your day going?