Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Movies & Television
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Johnny Couth is probably a spambot
Old Apr 22nd, 2006, 02:48 PM       
I really, really liked it. I didn't think it was scary, but it kept me interested, and the final scene in the church was very cool.
Legislacerator
ItalianStereotype is probably pretty okItalianStereotype is probably pretty okItalianStereotype is probably pretty okItalianStereotype is probably pretty okItalianStereotype is probably pretty ok
Old Apr 22nd, 2006, 02:50 PM       
oh it's obviously not an adaptation of silent hill 1 because HER CLOTHES WERE OBVIOUSLY FROM SILENT HILL 3 AND THAT MUSIC FROM THAT ONE SCENE IS OBVIOUSLY FROM SILENT HILL 2 AND MINOR PLOT VARIATIONS AND LOLOLOL
Johnny Couth is probably a spambot
Old Apr 22nd, 2006, 02:51 PM       
The farthest I got in Silent Hill one was the school.
Official forum judge
Girl Drink Drunk is probably a spambot
Old Apr 22nd, 2006, 02:53 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Protoclown
I saw this last night and really enjoyed it, though I've never played the games (only seen a little bit of SH2 being played, and it looked pretty much exactly like portrayed in the movie to me). One of my friends who did play the games HATED it though, saying they changed EVERYTHING and it was just awful.

Some of the video game elements were a little cheesy (the way she found some of the "clues" and whatnot, like the hotel plaque thing in that guy's mouth), but as I knew it was a video game movie that didn't really bother me.

I thought it was a fairly enjoyable movie and very pretty to look at. I really didn't "get" what they were trying to do at the end though. The ending didn't make sense to me.
Yeah, the ending was pretty lame, and made even me go "wtf". Anyways, there were a lot of references from the first three games, which tell that Gans played them all. Obviously they arent the same, and some parts may be altered, but a lot of it really did keep to the spirit and moments from the first three. I dont intend this to sound insulting, but is your friend a Silent Hill purist in the way that Spider-Man purists were upset that in the Spider-Man Peter Parker was able to spin webs naturally (instead of inventing those shooters)?
The Wolf
Zomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contest
Old Apr 22nd, 2006, 02:59 PM       
Fucking theater here decided to have THE ROCKET, ice age 2 and scary movie 4 instead. Fuck them.

On a side note...Matthew Lesko

That was very funny. Well done.
The Goddamned Batman
Protoclown is probably a spambot
Old Apr 22nd, 2006, 03:59 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniperwulf
I dont intend this to sound insulting, but is your friend a Silent Hill purist in the way that Spider-Man purists were upset that in the Spider-Man Peter Parker was able to spin webs naturally (instead of inventing those shooters)?
Nah, I don't think so. I mean, she even said she'd expected certain changes to be made, and far as I know she's only played the first two games. But there was something about that movie that made her absolutely HATE it, and I don't know why. I've gotten used to them taking liberties with the source material at this point. Constantine was NOTHING like the comic book Hellblazer but I still thought it was an enjoyable movie in its own way.
Official forum judge
Old Apr 22nd, 2006, 06:35 PM       
That would sweet to see a Silent Hill 2 with a new cast. I donno how that do, but it would be great to further explore the town.
Drugs+drugs+rock+roll
Guitar Woman is probably a real personGuitar Woman is probably a real person
Old Apr 22nd, 2006, 07:44 PM       
Oh man, I saw it last night and it has to be the best horror movie since the shining ;<

I thought the opening felt kind of rushed and crappy, but the movie started going way up hill when Rose woke up to that Johnny Cash song in the bowling alley :o

As for the acting, I only thought two of the characters were noticably lame, but I got used to Sharon/Alessa, and that red haired chick... Well, we who saw the movie know what happened to her :o

I also would've liked to have seen a bit more of Pyramid Head, since he was really fucking awesome in this ;<
Official forum judge
Old Apr 22nd, 2006, 10:52 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guitar Woman
Oh man, I saw it last night and it has to be the best horror movie since the shining ;<

I thought the opening felt kind of rushed and crappy, but the movie started going way up hill when Rose woke up to that Johnny Cash song in the bowling alley :o

As for the acting, I only thought two of the characters were noticably lame, but I got used to Sharon/Alessa, and that red haired chick... Well, we who saw the movie know what happened to her :o

I also would've liked to have seen a bit more of Pyramid Head, since he was really fucking awesome in this ;<
I thought that the whole group of survivors could damage the whole "anxiety" factor that the game had, but they actually turned out to be really creepy cultists, and that worked. On another note considering that some of the "clues" were lifted from the first, I thought that was kinda weird, because I haven't seen something like that, since those "Power up" sequences in Ultra Violet.
Level 29 ♂
Emu is probably a real personEmu is probably a real person
Old Apr 22nd, 2006, 10:53 PM       
The red haired chick's acting didn't bother me that much because it seemed intentional, and I think it fit the scene.
Banned
Location: Illinois, Alberta, Canada, Thailand, Space, Groundling Marsh, Manhattan, Man Hat Ton
ArrowX sucks
Old Apr 23rd, 2006, 12:38 AM       
I just got back and am Happy, It was a great (not masterpiece) for a movie, but for a video game movie it was amazing. I cant help but feel cheated that Ol Pyramyd head was not included more but I came to terms with it. Was anyone else more freaked out by the first "alternate silent hill" sequence (little crispys I prefer to call them) than any other part of the movie?
The Wrong Melon Farmer

Sacks is probably pretty okSacks is probably pretty okSacks is probably pretty ok
Old Apr 23rd, 2006, 03:14 AM       
I just got back from this and holy shit did I get robbed. This asshole behind me would not stop talking. I was shooting him dirty shut-the-hell-up looks the whole time and he didn't even pause for a moment. "Yeah the whole town just got hit with a nuke-u-lar bomb and that's how they all died and that's why it's raining ash it's nuke-u-lar winter an.. Holy cow that is one deep hole! That's gotta be 500 feet! Probably where the bomb fell.. yep anyways what was I saying.." I don't know where he got any of his information, or why his wife chose to believe him after hearing all the explanations from the movie, but I hope that rotten son of a bitch falls in a knife hole. I felt better in the parking lot after I yelled at him and called him a dirtbag as he was walking (while still droning on and on) to his luxury automobile. Besides all of that though, the movie was pretty killer.
Legislacerator
ItalianStereotype is probably pretty okItalianStereotype is probably pretty okItalianStereotype is probably pretty okItalianStereotype is probably pretty okItalianStereotype is probably pretty ok
Old Apr 23rd, 2006, 04:09 AM       
what part of "SILENT HILL ONE" do you people not understand? pyramid head was NOT in the first silent hill, so we're lucky to have seen him at all.
Official forum judge
Old Apr 23rd, 2006, 11:48 AM       
I dont think I've ever seen such a movie that borrowed this many direct parts from what it was based on. Kinda thought it a bit strange. Like I said before, I kinda hope there is a (non-direct) sequel, to explore more of Silent Hill, I wanna see the fucking prison/historical society/hidden mineshaft thing the second game, or the hospital.
Mocker
Mr. Vagiclean is probably a spambot
Old Apr 23rd, 2006, 03:36 PM       
BURNING of the girl scene, that was so intense for me
__"Offff all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most"Loook, its a signature.'why are there six pedals if there are only four directions?'CaboooseSports is dead, I'm his freakin ghost, deal with it.iThe following sentance is true....
The above statement was false....
Banned
Location: Illinois, Alberta, Canada, Thailand, Space, Groundling Marsh, Manhattan, Man Hat Ton
ArrowX sucks
Old Apr 23rd, 2006, 05:12 PM       
They did go to the hospital
Official forum judge
Old Apr 23rd, 2006, 06:17 PM       
Oh yeah, I guess, but that felt so short. I hope if there is a sequel they do a homage to that "mirror" room in the hospital (SH3), or even better, that fridge from Nowhere (SH). You what I mean.
Banned
ArrowX sucks
Old Apr 23rd, 2006, 07:41 PM       
It would have been cool to see the Face Wall from HS4. Out of that entire game that had to be the mos unsettling part.
Drugs+drugs+rock+roll
Old Apr 24th, 2006, 01:58 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by ItalianStereotype
what part of "SILENT HILL ONE" do you people not understand? pyramid head was NOT in the first silent hill, so we're lucky to have seen him at all.
We know pyramid head wasn't supposed to be in it at all, but if you're gonna put something that fucking awesome in a movie you might as well have it in more than 2 scenes :o

abortretryfail is probably a spambot
Old Apr 24th, 2006, 06:28 PM       
I'm a big fan of the game, but still haven't seen the movie, any good? I heard that as of today it’s #1 at the Box Office. Anyone seen or have this: http://www.konami.com/silenthill/she/ ? It's a PSP "game" that has lots of Silent Hill extras, like the two comics, lots of behind the scenes-type stuff from the movie, and I guess music from the movie and games too.
Official forum judge
Old Apr 24th, 2006, 06:44 PM       
I'm not surprised that it was number 1. The place was filled when I went. http://www.boxoffice.com/
Now with less sodium!

Immortal Goat is probably a spambot
Old Apr 24th, 2006, 11:19 PM       
My god I LOVED this movie. Very intense, though I wouldn't say it's scary. Pyramid Head was awesome, but I'm glad they didn't overuse him. It IS SH1 after all .

Visually stunning, the acting wasn't that bad (I'm pretty sure the redhead was supposed to sound that way), and the soundtrack fucking rocked my cock the whole way through. Definitely gonna buy this when it comes out.
Official forum judge
Old Apr 25th, 2006, 02:37 PM       
Those cultists were actually really creepy and robotic-cold.
Drugs+drugs+rock+roll
Old Apr 25th, 2006, 03:15 PM       
If the redhead was trying to sound insane, she did a horrendously cheesy job of it and is a terrible actress.
¡Olé!
xbxDaniel is probably a spambot
Old Apr 25th, 2006, 03:18 PM       
Will the movie lose some of it's appeal if viewed on a regular TV?