Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Gaming 'n Toys
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
dipshed
GADZOOKS is probably a spambot
Old Jul 21st, 2007, 12:17 AM       
these lists are weak UNIRACERS? ADDAMS FAMILY? come on guys.

PLATFORMER GAME: Super Mario All Stars + Super Mario World

People buy Super Nintendo for Mario. There is really no need to play any other platforming game after these. They cover all bases. It's not even worth explaining why!

RPG GAME: Earthbound

Probably one of my Top 3 favorite games of all time. I have a distinct hatred for RPG's since they all play alike (and if they are anime based they all look alike too). This game is just pleasing all around with it's music and simple but eye catching graphics. It doesn't bowl you over with a long boring story with terrible cutscenes. Earthbound does everything good and everything fun!

ADVENTURE GAME: A Link To The Past

It's disappointing that there aren't a ton of game like this kind (Secret of Mana was one but it had that charging bullshit that made it tedious) but A Link To The Past does almost everything right. I just wish there was more variety of lairs other then castles and dungeons (what bosses can't live outdoors?).

FIGHTING GAME: Street Fighter II: TURBO SPECIAL FANTASTIC EDITION

BLAH BLAH BLAH. IT'S A FUN FIGHTING GAME. BLAH BLAH BLAH. IT'S NOT AS GOOD AS THE ARCADES BUT FOR A CONSOLE FIGHTER IT'S TOPS. YADDA YADDA YADDA.

BEATEMUP: TMNT: Turtles In Time

Easily one of the best of it's genre (Streets of Rage 2 and Simpsons Arcade being the others). I remember being sold on the SNES when you could throw foot soildiers at the screen. It really doesn't get old. Best time travel based game ever (suck it C. Trigger).

------

Those are four games worth buying for the Super Nintendo. They provide hours of entertainment even after their novelty runs off (unlike uniracers and zombies ate my neighbors).

Other games I LIKED but not worth purchasing:

NBA JAM (because I'm a ****** for basketball)

Yoshi's Island (IT'S A KIDDIE GAME, whatever fags)

Mario Paint (I love the music maker)

Super Metroid (Too much of a commitment to play all the way through)

Chrono Trigger (Overall I hate it like all anime based games, but I liked the music and I did play it longer then most RPG's before giving up)

Castlevania 4 + Super Ghost and Ghouls (fun but too hard, end up cheating)

Wild Guns (A pretty good shooter game, but pretty short)

Mortal Kombat (if you don't have the genesis version or Street fighter aint gory enough for you)

FZERO (way over Super Mario Kart, Mario Kart didn't hit it's stride until N64 days)

The First Donkey Kong Country (and only the first)

and that's it, enjoy your Super Nintendo Entertainment System