Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > General Blabber
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Nona F. Mecklenburg
Big McLargehuge is probably a spambot
Old Jul 4th, 2009, 02:47 PM        I hear things
But i'm not afflicted with any mental illness, apart from the standard bouts of depression, but i have been having increasingly frequent auditory hallucinations. All WebMd suggests is that i might be schitzo of bi-polar. Anybody have any advice, short of going to a doctor? Or any context.
SKATASTIC
10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest
Old Jul 4th, 2009, 03:41 PM       
Is it your own voice or does it come in different tones? Does this happen when other people are near you or by yourself?
teacup of sunshine
Kitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contest
Old Jul 4th, 2009, 06:13 PM       
I sometimes feel as if someone has just shouted my name when I know no one has. Happens a few times a year. I don't have a good explanation for it, but my only diagnosed mental thing is OCD.
Nona F. Mecklenburg
Old Jul 4th, 2009, 07:10 PM       
about three to six time a day i hear voices that sound as if they are coming from the other room. About half the time it is a familiar voice saying something that i have heard it say many times. Like my best friend calling my name or my mother saying something to my brother. The other half of the time it is unfamiliar voice saying things that i can't really make out, sometimes i'll catch a word or two. They clearly seem to come from outside my head, if you know what i mean. Not like the memory of familiar sounds.

Last edited by Big McLargehuge : Jul 4th, 2009 at 07:11 PM. Reason: accuracy
Insane Writer
ZeldaQueen is probably a spambot
Old Jul 4th, 2009, 07:22 PM       
What are you doing when you hear this stuff? Sometimes, when I'm by myself and it's very quiet, I think I hear stuff and sometimes when I listen to music, I think I hear the phone ringing.
"I refuse to prove that I exist," says God, "for proof denies faith, and without faith I am nothing." "But," says Man, "The Babel fish proves you exist, and so therefore, by your own arguments, you don't." "Oh dear," says God, "I hadn't thought of that," and promptly vanished in a puff of logic.
teacup of sunshine
Kitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contest
Old Jul 4th, 2009, 07:25 PM       
Do they start out sort of echoey and distant and end really loud?
Nona F. Mecklenburg
Old Jul 4th, 2009, 07:56 PM       
i hear them all the time regardless of situation. with people, alone, in public. they sound exactly as if someone is on the other side of a thin wall talking in a normal voice.
teacup of sunshine
Old Jul 4th, 2009, 07:57 PM       
Hm. Weird. I'm sorry I don't have any quality answers for you
Insane Writer
ZeldaQueen is probably a spambot
Old Jul 4th, 2009, 08:06 PM       
Hrm, maybe you're psychic?

The closest thing I can think of is the concept of the brain "misfiring", causing people to see or hear things that aren't there. This is the case with schizophrenia. I'm not saying you are schizophrenic, but perhaps it's something similar?

I'm assuming you're not on any sort of medications or anything, correct?
"I refuse to prove that I exist," says God, "for proof denies faith, and without faith I am nothing." "But," says Man, "The Babel fish proves you exist, and so therefore, by your own arguments, you don't." "Oh dear," says God, "I hadn't thought of that," and promptly vanished in a puff of logic.
Nona F. Mecklenburg
Old Jul 4th, 2009, 08:20 PM       
Lord knows what "medications" i have in me, they don't affect this.
Slim Goodbody
Supafly345 is probably a real personSupafly345 is probably a real person
Old Jul 4th, 2009, 09:16 PM       
It may be your mind translating similar sounding sounds into whatever word or voice it can match it closest to. This happens all the time with sight, I don't see why it can't happen with sound too. I don't know why you are becoming more aware of this if that is the case though- it could be that you are listening for them more since the first time it happened or something.

This isn't a sign of any disorder I don't think, I your brain is just working overtime to make sense of nonsense.
Token Bleeding Heart
LordSappington is probably a real personLordSappington is probably a real person
Old Jul 5th, 2009, 02:02 PM       
I recommend a lobotomy, ASAP.
/quackery
frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Jul 5th, 2009, 02:06 PM       
Maybe you're hearing ghosts!
Token Bleeding Heart
LordSappington is probably a real personLordSappington is probably a real person
Old Jul 5th, 2009, 02:08 PM       
You probably live on an Indian burial ground.
☆☆☆☆☆
Tadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contest
Old Jul 5th, 2009, 02:22 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big McLargehuge View Post
But i'm not afflicted with any mental illness
How do you know this?
frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Jul 5th, 2009, 02:24 PM       
I was gonna say, you're the one that's hearing things. I don't think you're qualified to judge your mental health.
Queen of the Beasts
Jeanette X is probably a spambot
Old Jul 5th, 2009, 02:42 PM       
Why don't you want to see a doctor?
I bet you it has something to do with that brain tumor. Go see your neurologist.
hAS RUG-BURN
Evil Robot is probably a spambot
Old Jul 5th, 2009, 07:05 PM       
Don't let hallucinations give you financial advice. They won't be a problem unless they start asking for money.
Queen of the Beasts
Jeanette X is probably a spambot
Old Jul 6th, 2009, 12:40 AM       
Do you have any family history of mental illness? What is your emotional state when this happens? Have you been sleeping enough?

And most importantly, do you have any other symptoms?

You might want to start keeping a daily journal of this. Keeping track helps manage symptoms. I figured out certain foods were setting off my bad gall bladder when I started keeping a daily journal and I learned to avoid them.
Dogs Get Put Down
DevilWearsPrada is probably a spambot
Old Jul 6th, 2009, 02:18 AM       
It might be caused by large amounts of stress, maybe as a defense mechanism your brain fakes perception of familiar things to calm you down?
LOVES the tubal ligation!
Dimnos is probably a real personDimnos is probably a real person
Old Jul 6th, 2009, 10:25 AM       
Have you been eating mushrooms or taking LSD?
Ba-dum-tish. RIMSHOT!

ChrisGlass is probably a spambot
Old Jul 6th, 2009, 02:45 PM       
Well, I'm talking out of my ass here, but at least you can't really get a discussion or message out of it. It's really just a mixed signal, thankfully. I'd be more worried if they were saying some crazy shit.
SKATASTIC
10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest
Old Jul 6th, 2009, 04:34 PM       
Did you stop taking your meds at all?
☆☆☆☆☆
Tadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contest
Old Jul 6th, 2009, 04:37 PM       
Turns out it was the neighbors T.V.
Ba-dum-tish. RIMSHOT!

ChrisGlass is probably a spambot
Old Jul 6th, 2009, 06:03 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tadao View Post
Turns out it was the neighbors T.V.
I used to fuck around with one of my old roommates I hated. He was watching 24 on my PS2 and didn't know I had the PS2 remote, so I was sneaking in the living room and fucking around with it. Turning on the subtitles, muting, slowmo, etc.

He had so much shit wrong with him he thought it was in his head.