Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > General Blabber
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

hAS RUG-BURN
Evil Robot is probably a spambot
Old May 1st, 2008, 08:37 PM        Baby dropping ban repealed in India, Next on BBC World News.
In a recent move by parliment, the ban on baby dropping which has been in effect since late 2001, was repealed yesterday in a unamimous vote.

http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/wor....baby.toss.cnn

Villagers place bets on which baby's will live through the ordeal. This tradition goes back centuries, to 1974 when gambling became legal in India. Villigers like Mupok think this will boost tourism in the area, he sees that as a good thing. "When people come from China, I sell them goat meat for they watch the babies fall." a soft spoken Mupok points out. "When they make us stop dropping the babies, I sold no goat meat.". Baby dropping is still against the law in China, but may change with pressure from the international community.

Evil Robot,
BBC World News
frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old May 1st, 2008, 08:46 PM       
I want to see this. Now.
taco loving zombie
darkvare is probably pretty okdarkvare is probably pretty okdarkvare is probably pretty ok
Old May 1st, 2008, 09:14 PM       
wow now thats an odd tradition so, if the baby dies no one goes to jail?

SANTO el enmascarado de plata
frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old May 1st, 2008, 09:19 PM       
It's tradition. It's their civilization. It's their bag, not mine, and I intend to enjoy it.
Token Bleeding Heart
LordSappington is probably a real personLordSappington is probably a real person
Old May 1st, 2008, 09:46 PM       
All I could tell was that they dropped the babies a few stories, somehow for their health. Sounds a little counter efficient to me, but I'm not enlightened chinese monk, and it's not like I like babies anyways.
taco loving zombie
darkvare is probably pretty okdarkvare is probably pretty okdarkvare is probably pretty ok
Old May 2nd, 2008, 12:16 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fathom Zero View Post
It's tradition. It's their civilization. It's their bag, not mine, and I intend to enjoy it.
i'm not saying is unejoyable am saying is odd i bet youtube already has tons of videos

SANTO el enmascarado de plata
Ringmonster
J. Tithonus Pednaud is probably a spambot
Old May 2nd, 2008, 02:41 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Robot View Post
Villagers place bets on which baby's will live through the ordeal. This tradition goes back centuries, to 1974 when gambling became legal in India. Villigers like Mupok think this will boost tourism in the area, he sees that as a good thing. "When people come from China, I sell them goat meat for they watch the babies fall." a soft spoken Mupok points out. "When they make us stop dropping the babies, I sold no goat meat.". Baby dropping is still against the law in China, but may change with pressure from the international community.

Evil Robot,
BBC World News
This post makes no sense. Is it a joke? This practice is isolated to a single shrine in India, there is no betting and it is claimed that no baby has ever been injured. Where does china, goat meat and dead pools come into this?
OH GOD
executioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contest
Old May 2nd, 2008, 02:45 AM       
hahaha i think he's pulling a fast one
frappez le cochon rouge
Old May 2nd, 2008, 07:37 AM       
I'd place bets and grab a curry-dog from one of the vendors. I hear they have a seventh inning baby stretch.

For good luck of course.
Creepy Old Fart
JediScum is probably a spambot
Old May 2nd, 2008, 04:55 PM       
they drop the babies into my mouth, because no veal is better than HUMAN VEAL!!!!
hAS RUG-BURN
Old May 2nd, 2008, 05:20 PM       
Quote:
This post makes no sense. Is it a joke? This practice is isolated to a single shrine in India, there is no betting and it is claimed that no baby has ever been injured. Where does china, goat meat and dead pools come into this?
I can't believe you are so dumb that you had to stop and wonder if I really do work for the BBC and this is all true. Worse yet, you think your smart because you got all synical about it and tried to point me out for the fraud I am.

Good work dick head!

I'm Evil Robot,
BBC World News
hAS RUG-BURN
Old May 2nd, 2008, 05:25 PM       
Holy whit I just thought of something...

99 babies on top of the wall, 99 babies on top,
You drop one down, it's head hits the ground,

shit.....
Ringmonster
Old May 3rd, 2008, 02:59 AM       
I didn't get cynical, I saw a legit link to CNN then BBC World News written into the footer which I thought you were citing from. I never thought you worked for the BBC. I was asking a question and the media has reported stranger things based on real events.

It's not my fault you're not funny or amusing and I couldn't tell you were joking.

Oh, and fuck you too douche bag.
autistic licence
sloth is probably a spambot
Old May 3rd, 2008, 04:49 AM       
"This tradition goes back centuries, to 1974"? no?
hAS RUG-BURN
Old May 3rd, 2008, 07:10 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by J. Tithonus Pednaud View Post
I didn't get cynical, I saw a legit link to CNN then BBC World News written into the footer which I thought you were citing from. I never thought you worked for the BBC. I was asking a question and the media has reported stranger things based on real events.

It's not my fault you're not funny or amusing and I couldn't tell you were joking.

Oh, and fuck you too douche bag.
You should not be posting here.
Ringmonster
Old May 4th, 2008, 01:24 AM       
You should not be breathing, anywhere.
rockfuckcunt
bigtimecow is probably pretty okbigtimecow is probably pretty okbigtimecow is probably pretty ok
Old May 4th, 2008, 07:04 PM       
robots can't breathe :rollseyes
The Wolf
Zomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contest
Old May 4th, 2008, 07:34 PM       
PEDNAUD I HOPE YOU REALIZE YOU'RE TUSSLIN' WITH A VET!

That was very funny. Well done.
☆☆☆☆☆
Tadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contest
Old May 4th, 2008, 08:38 PM       
Code:
OMG DON"T MESS WITH VETS!
The Wrong Melon Farmer

Sacks is probably pretty okSacks is probably pretty okSacks is probably pretty ok
Old May 5th, 2008, 02:20 AM       
Seriously Pednaud, Vets are people too. You bully.
Official forum judge
Girl Drink Drunk is probably a spambot
Old May 5th, 2008, 11:52 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigtimecow View Post
robots can't breathe :rollseyes
But they can rust.
was never good
Chojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contest
Old May 5th, 2008, 09:10 PM       
Pednaud has contributed more to the forum than Evil Robot ever will ;<
The Wrong Melon Farmer

Sacks is probably pretty okSacks is probably pretty okSacks is probably pretty ok
Old May 5th, 2008, 10:16 PM       
Hold on now, I've never rubbed one out looking at Pednaud's avatar.
hAS RUG-BURN
Old May 5th, 2008, 11:26 PM       
Penaud also had advertisements in his tagline. Ads for COMMERCIAL sites that are in direct competition with I-Mockery's paid placements. I think we should ban him, I love pointing out people who should be banned.
Ringmonster
Old May 6th, 2008, 12:51 AM       
Yes. I'm a rebel.

You show me the commercial ads I'm in direct competition with here on i-mockery and I would be more than happy to ignore you and kick you square in the throat. You really rub me the wrong way.

If a mod had an issue, I'm sure they would have brought it up in my time here and I would still be happy to conform to any rule or regulation. But, see, I'm usually pretty polite around these parts, contribute where I can and participate when able.

You, on the other hand, apparently joined in '03 and I haven't a clue who you are. Other than the fact that you are a royal asshole, I know nothing about you. I'm sure you've been around, you just never say anything interesting.

My site isn't commercial, by the way. The Zombie Portraits one is just plain cool and links back to both i-mockery and zombiewalk.com. Furthermore, the artist's other site zombiedaily.com also links back to zombiewalk.com. Dumbass.

Vet or not, you are one stupid son-of-a-bitch and I love pointing out people who really should be removed from the gene pool.