Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Movies & Television
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Official forum judge
Girl Drink Drunk is probably a spambot
Old Mar 2nd, 2008, 04:36 PM       
I enjoyed it more than Evil Dead 2, and thought the ending with the old timey music was real creepy
Zombie Basher
Dr. Octogonopus is probably a spambot
Old Mar 2nd, 2008, 10:41 PM       
I just got confused as hell. It didn't do a very good job explaining anything, and (again) the tree rape just made it even more awkward because me and my friends were watching it. :P
kitatsdiuqil
liquidstatik is probably a spambot
Old Mar 3rd, 2008, 12:10 AM       
i think you're puttin wayy too much thought into it :o
Zombie Basher
Old Mar 3rd, 2008, 06:09 PM       
It just didn't do a good job of explaining why the deadites are around. We know they played the recording of the guy chanting, but why was he even doing that? I love zombies as much as any other guy on these forums, but it helps when you have some clue as to why they're here, or if you're not going to explain it, at least make it scarier than that.
Hitler's Canoe!
MetalMilitia is probably a spambot
Old Mar 3rd, 2008, 06:14 PM       
Wasn't it because someone read from the necromac... necronic... book of the dead.
☆☆☆☆☆
Tadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contest
Old Mar 3rd, 2008, 06:19 PM       
i think you're puttin wayy too much thought into it :o
kitatsdiuqil
Old Mar 3rd, 2008, 06:51 PM       
COPY CAT
Official forum judge
Old Mar 3rd, 2008, 08:19 PM       
The group of friends play this recording of some guy reciting a passage from the Book of the Dead, and the deadites are unleashed. case closed.
kitatsdiuqil
Old Mar 3rd, 2008, 08:58 PM       
i just went to wal-mart and they had evil dead, evil dead 2, and army of darkness for 7 dollars. :O!
Official forum judge
Old Mar 3rd, 2008, 09:25 PM       
:O!
Zombie Basher
Old Mar 3rd, 2008, 09:55 PM       
Yeah, he was reading from the necrominicon (something like that), but it never explained how he got it, its origin, and why the hell he thought it would be a good idea to read aloud and record him reading from a sentient flesh-bound book that literally translates to book of the dead. If some guy told me to read from a book that had necro in its title, I'd probably run like hell.
☆☆☆☆☆
Tadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contest
Old Mar 3rd, 2008, 10:31 PM       
So, your the kind of guy who likes to get to know the hooker first.
Näyttelijäbotti!
Pub Lover is probably pretty okPub Lover is probably pretty okPub Lover is probably pretty okPub Lover is probably pretty okPub Lover is probably pretty ok
Old Mar 4th, 2008, 10:54 AM       
Wasn't there a bunch of preamble on the tape about how he was doing it for research? The dude was making an audio documentation of his reading the book, so he wanted a record of what happened. He climbed the mountain because it was there.

If I was stuck in the woods with just one book, I'd read it. Hence my having read Mills & Boon.
☆☆☆☆☆
Old Mar 4th, 2008, 01:53 PM       
Haha, Dr. Octo never actually watched the movie.
OH GOD
executioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contest
Old Mar 4th, 2008, 02:57 PM       
i think the reason the professor read the book is because he didn't realise he was in a horror movie where magic words actually do shit
kitatsdiuqil
Old Mar 4th, 2008, 03:01 PM       
ty
Official forum judge
Old Mar 4th, 2008, 06:18 PM       
Willie, you're awesome
Zombie Basher
Old Mar 4th, 2008, 07:43 PM       
I was watching the movie, and got to about 20 minutes of pointlessness so I skipped ahead to about where the spell started kicking in, then got confused and tried to understand, and failed.
kitatsdiuqil
Old Mar 4th, 2008, 07:55 PM       
s'not the only thing you fail at ;o
Ancient Mariner
Grislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contest
Old Mar 4th, 2008, 09:54 PM       
What the hell is so hard to understand? Professor finds book, reads it, dies. New people find book, read it, dying.

JESUS CHRIST, IT'S TRYING TO UNDERSTAND QUANTUM PHYSICS

WITH TREE RAPE
Ancient Mariner
Grislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contest
Old Mar 4th, 2008, 09:54 PM       
What's with the tree rape, seriously.
Ancient Mariner
Old Mar 4th, 2008, 09:55 PM       
Tree rape makes young adolescents very confused when they watch it with their friends, and I believe Sam Raimi's decision to include it was insane and immoral
Ancient Mariner
Old Mar 4th, 2008, 09:56 PM       
Did I mention there was tree rape in it
OH GOD
executioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contest
Old Mar 4th, 2008, 10:15 PM       
tree rape is hawt
Ancient Mariner
Old Mar 4th, 2008, 10:19 PM       
That's why it confuses the young childrens, gawd

Besides, It just didn't do a good job of explaining why the tree rapists are around. We know they played the recording of the guy chanting, but why was he even doing that? I love tree rape as much as any other guy on these forums, but it helps when you have some clue as to why it's happening, or if you're not going to explain it, at least make it scarier than that.