Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Movies & Television
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Unmedicated genius
Courage the Cowardly Dog is probably a spambot
Old May 4th, 2007, 07:10 PM       
If it weren't for Eric Foreman playing Venom I would like a spinoff movie.

Why that panty waist? Why not a UFC player or Henry Fucking Rollins?
Banned
noob3 is probably a spambot
Old May 4th, 2007, 07:57 PM       
yes because UFC guys & Henry Rollins REALLY STRIKE me as the type of peopel to go out and get fucking freelance photography jobs plus, eric foreman was like the only good thing about this movie! wasn't eddie brock not always buff? didnt the symbiot make him go crazy & thus he started to go work out?
Official forum judge
Girl Drink Drunk is probably a spambot
Old May 4th, 2007, 08:59 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by noob3 View Post
fuck u fanboy
I don't give a danm who you are; if your gonna post in this thread it better be about wanting to see the movie or what you thought of it after seing it. If you've got nothing more to say than "HAY GUIS IM NTO GOIG TO SEE THEIS MOVIE", then you should keep your goddanmed mouth shut.
Official forum judge
Old May 4th, 2007, 09:02 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by noob3 View Post
yes because UFC guys & Henry Rollins REALLY STRIKE me as the type of peopel to go out and get fucking freelance photography jobs plus, eric foreman was like the only good thing about this movie! wasn't eddie brock not always buff? didnt the symbiot make him go crazy & thus he started to go work out?
I absolutely agree on the first sentence. Eddie Brock actually starting working out after being fired from his job as a reporter (but before merging with the symbiote), to out vent out his rage.

Last edited by Girl Drink Drunk : May 5th, 2007 at 10:06 AM.
Legislacerator
ItalianStereotype is probably pretty okItalianStereotype is probably pretty okItalianStereotype is probably pretty okItalianStereotype is probably pretty okItalianStereotype is probably pretty ok
Old May 5th, 2007, 12:53 AM       
wow, this was such a fucking disappointment.
Legislacerator
ItalianStereotype is probably pretty okItalianStereotype is probably pretty okItalianStereotype is probably pretty okItalianStereotype is probably pretty okItalianStereotype is probably pretty ok
Old May 5th, 2007, 01:21 AM       
I mean, fuck you My Chemical Spider-Man
Role Assigner
MattJack has joined BAPE's armyMattJack has joined BAPE's armyMattJack has joined BAPE's armyMattJack has joined BAPE's armyMattJack has joined BAPE's armyMattJack has joined BAPE's army
Old May 5th, 2007, 01:56 AM       
I won't be seeing the movie, but I think it's funny that so many people are referring to Peter as emo when he gets the black suit. I said the exact thing when I saw the previews for this movie.

"So basically he dyes his hair black, gets pale, and is irrational. Basically, he just turns emo?"

Then all my friends laughed and we did a series of high5s for like 15 minutes.

I didn't understand why Topher Grace was Venom either. As a kid, I always remember Venom being this huge monster type villain whether he was in video games, my toy collection, my comic card collections, or in comic books. I always kinda thought he was the coolest villain for whatever reason, so naturally when I find out Topher Grace is playing Venom I just laughed. C'mon man, that' guy couldn't fight his way out of a wet paper bag.
Banned
Location: Illinois, Alberta, Canada, Thailand, Space, Groundling Marsh, Manhattan, Man Hat Ton
ArrowX sucks
Old May 5th, 2007, 02:15 AM       
he turns incredibly emo, he even does that little flippy thingy with his hair.

Also note that his left eyeball is l extended from his face to the point of bulging out.

and why the fuck does his mask come off every 10 seconds?
Banned
noob3 is probably a spambot
Old May 5th, 2007, 02:53 AM       
haha the best part is APPARENTLY the SYMBIOTE gives him fucking EYE LINER
OH GOD
executioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contest
Old May 5th, 2007, 03:16 AM       
oh shit
Adult Adaptor
Cliff Steele is probably a spambot
Old May 5th, 2007, 01:34 PM       
It was ok, but the people in the theater made it really good for me! When Spidey dons the black costume for the first time, the elderly blackwoman sitting next to me exclaimed, "Oh, so that's Spiderman 3!"
frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old May 5th, 2007, 04:14 PM       
I thought the Symbiote came from space.

Why do people think the Spiderman movies are so good?
The Wolf
Zomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contest
Old May 5th, 2007, 06:42 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fathom Zero View Post
Why do people think the Spiderman movies are so good?
Because the first two are really good?

Man the entire middle of this movie sucked. I don't understand how they could think that making him an emo would be a good thing.

That was very funny. Well done.
The Goddamned Batman
Protoclown is probably a spambot
Old May 6th, 2007, 11:45 AM       
**************CONTAINS SPOILERS*****************

Yeah, even though I enjoyed parts of it, this movie was a big disappointment and the entire symbiote costume segment sucked balls. A couple friends I watched it with commented that he was all emo, and we were all laughing our asses off at how bad that entire section of the movie was. I seriously felt like I was in the wrong movie during the whole song and dance number in the jazz club. And what the fuck was up with Spidey eating all those cookies? That was to show what an asshole he was becoming? Telling the girl next door to give him more cookies? That was the best they could come up with? The dyed hair, the eyeliner, it was all just too fucking much.

And I fucking HATED the villain team-up at the end. I was really hoping Raimi would have the good sense not to do this after seeing how well it DIDN'T work in the old Batman movies...my ideal version would have had the Sandman stuff resolved in the first half of the movie, and Venom coming into the second half, with perhaps the Green Goblin 2 coming in and attacking Peter while he's got his hands full with one of the other villains (but NOT "teaming up" with them). The shit with Harry and Peter riding his hoverboard together at the end was incredibly cheesy and it made me just want to groan like I'd heard a hundred bad puns at once. Also, Harry didn't seem at all upset that Peter ruined his face.

They also tried to cram WAY too much into this movie and everything important felt rushed, despite HUGE chunks of the movie that just sort of dragged on (it felt like it was 5 hours long). When the symbiote climbs all over Spidey, he's just like "Hey cool, new costume!" and accepts it just WAY too quickly. The Venom stuff was rushed through way too fast too, though I guess that he had probably about as much depth and development as he ever had in the comics.

Things I DID like were Peter's first fight with Harry (even though I couldn't tell what the fuck was happening for part of the time), the special effects on the Sandman (god his origin was so stupid), and the casting of Gwen Stacey (she looked PERFECT, like she stepped right off the comic page). What pissed me off was that they didn't DO anything with Gwen, so she was pretty pointless aside from pissing off MJ. Oh, and the Bruce Campbell part was very funny. Also, Venom looked pretty good.
Mocker
zeldasbiggestfan suckszeldasbiggestfan sucks
Old May 6th, 2007, 04:11 PM       
Venom was badass.
Let's play Hardball!
Seven Force is probably a spambot
Old May 6th, 2007, 05:35 PM       
-Might or might not contain spoilers-

I'm not a big comic nerd like some people here (and I do not mean that as an insult, as I think that Sam Ramini said something to the effect of trying to stay true to the comics), but even people like me were disappointed with how they handled venom. I mean, a meteorite just happens to have the symbiote and just happens to fall within the general vicinity of Peter Parker? I know they couldn't possibly fit in the comic version but they could've at least used the cartoon version of the story, at least it wouldn't have seemed so half-assed. I also didn't like the fact that we get to see venom do his thing but only for like ~15 minutes. I guess it's cause the other two movies were great that I had somewhat high expectations with how they would handle these characters. Some of 'em just felt like throwaway characters despite who they supposedly are (like Gwen Stacy).

Other than that though I thought this movie was alright. It was worth the 6-7 dollars and it got me out of the house so I can't complain too much.
Let's play Hardball!
Old May 6th, 2007, 05:39 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArrowX
And I'm tired of them trying to make every character sympathetic, ohh look Norman Osborne's business is collapsing, whaa Doc Ocs woman died and he's under control of the arms, boo-hooo My daddys dead so I wanna kill spiderman, Oh dear, my daughters dying. Cant a villain just be a fuckin villain in these movies?
This too.

Now that I look back on it, some of those are actually essential to the story.

Last edited by Seven Force : May 6th, 2007 at 08:24 PM.
Banned
Location: Illinois, Alberta, Canada, Thailand, Space, Groundling Marsh, Manhattan, Man Hat Ton
ArrowX sucks
Old May 6th, 2007, 08:18 PM       
I also remember that theres a plot hole that could possibly turn out to set up for another Venom (maybe Mac Gargan) or even carnage. Does it ever explain what Dr Connors did with the sample peter gave him? :O
Let's play Hardball!
Old May 6th, 2007, 08:24 PM       
That would be retarded if they went there.

He knew about how dangerous it was though so I doubt he'd use it on himself. I don't think the symbiont would take him anyway, don't they prefer their hosts to be, ya know, not invalids? It got rid of Brock when it was found out that he had cancer.
Banned
ArrowX sucks
Old May 6th, 2007, 09:39 PM       
Its taking him back soon tho. After the civil war thing its gonna ditch Gargan and return to Brock.
Ancient Mariner
Grislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contest
Old May 6th, 2007, 10:36 PM       
BEWARE OF THE BLOB IT SEEPS, IT CREEPS, IT SLIDES AND GLIDES ACROSS THE FLOOR. UNDER. THE DOOR. BE WARY OF THE BLOB. A SPLOTCH, A BLOTCH. BE CAREFUL OF THE BLOB. *pop*

All other characters need to take up the violin. On their wrists, with a razor. Other than that, I liked it.
Ringmonster
J. Tithonus Pednaud is probably a spambot
Old May 6th, 2007, 11:00 PM       
I actually enjoyed it. It has all the problems mentioned by protoclown, but I was entertained for my $10, and at the end of the day that's all that matters. Was it a masterpiece? No. Best of the series? Hell no, I prefer the first one. But it was interesting enough. I had zero expectations going in, not being a big Spidey-Fan, so that may have something to do with it. I prefer storyline driven comic book films.

Hell, I am one of the few who really liked the Hulk movie.
Official forum judge
Old May 6th, 2007, 11:06 PM       
My expectations have been lowered direly
Let's play Hardball!
Old May 6th, 2007, 11:44 PM       
Well see that's the way you should go see a film. If you have too high expectations for anything you're more likely to be real disappointed by whatever they have. And comparing a book to a movie is not fair, especially if the story spans like a lot of fucking books.
Ringmonster
J. Tithonus Pednaud is probably a spambot
Old May 7th, 2007, 12:13 AM       
Nail on the head there Seven, good advice for all films. Don't get too excited.