Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Philosophy, Politics, and News
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Unmedicated genius
Courage the Cowardly Dog is probably a spambot
Old Jul 6th, 2006, 05:34 PM        South Carolina sez "If there's grass on the field play
Remember that law I was in favor of for giving the death penalty to repeat sex offenders raping children uner the age of 11? They tacked an interesting rider to it and it passed.

Prosecutors can seek a death sentence for a repeat sex offender when the victim is under age eleven. But it also allows people age 18 and under to avoid maximum penalties if the other person is 14, down from 16. The provision was added to avoid severe penalties for young people experimenting with sex.

Prosecutors are concerned about a second change called the "mistake of age" defense. That allows adults accused of having
sex with those under 16 to tell the jury they thought the person was at least 16.

Sumter Representative Murrell Smith says he expects the law to be cleaned up when lawmakers meet in January.

source: http://www.wspa.com/midatlantic/spa/...7-05-0006.html

Granted it only applies to teenagers but lets face it, it's South Carolina, it's gonna happen anyway. (unless she can run really fast) It's one of those things like Hookers in Nevada, Moonshine in Missouri, and Drugs in Amsterdam, you can't stop it, you might as well legalize it.

I expect the library in South Carolina (South Carolina has a Library?) to have both copies of Lolita checked out when this law passes. Especailly since one of them hasn't even been coloured in yet.

It is at this point I would like to Link to my favorite Protoclown article, please don't fuck the Children.

http://www.i-mockery.com/visionary/children.php

"Isn't she a little dead" and "hey terrorists this is not an airport" are my personal faves.

COMMENCE REDNECK JAILBAIT JOKES!