Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > General Blabber
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Level 29 ♂
Emu is probably a real personEmu is probably a real person
Old Mar 17th, 2008, 10:30 PM       
They define our existence as internet mockers.
The Wolf
Zomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contest
I still don't know how an internet celebrity like that ended up here

That was very funny. Well done.
OH GOD
executioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contest
go ride your bike, xaxxon

Last edited by executioneer : Mar 17th, 2008 at 10:31 PM. Reason: CLARIFICATION
BOO! A SPOOPY GHOST :x
Esuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contest
Girl Drink Drunk is Sniperwulf

And cork it, Xydexx

TomWritesAboutStuff.com - The #1 Worst Blog
was never good
Chojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contest
Old Mar 17th, 2008, 10:31 PM       
Oh. Why did he/she change his/her/its name ;<
Official forum judge
Girl Drink Drunk is probably a spambot
Old Mar 17th, 2008, 10:37 PM       
I got sick of using that name for forums, and I'm a guy.
Pickled Patriarch
Mockery is probably a real personMockery is probably a real person
Old Mar 17th, 2008, 10:38 PM       
This thread is tops and I think we've solved all the issues that everybody has with the forums and we should all now look towards the future with hope and wonder!
was never good
Chojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contest
Old Mar 17th, 2008, 10:38 PM       
then why do you have 'girl' in your name

who would DO such a thing
frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Mar 17th, 2008, 10:39 PM       
Get a man's name or we can give you one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judas
Dear Fathom Zero,

You have received an infraction at I-Mockery Forum.

Reason: YES.
-------
ASDGSFHDHN
-------

This infraction is worth 10 point(s) and may result in restricted access until it expires. Serious infractions will never expire.

Original Post:
http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?p=539526
Quote:
I've already got three. Do they count?
All the best,
I-Mockery Forum
Official forum judge
Old Mar 17th, 2008, 10:42 PM       
For anyone that was confused, I never (intentionally) tried to mislead anyone with the two names. I got Sniperwulf from a friend, and Girl Drink Drunk is from this Kid's in the Hall Skit about a (get this) male alcoholic that likes girl drinks. Basically, I just assumed people would figure out I was a guy in little time, and wasn't trying to pull some Guitar Woman-esque shit.
Esuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contest
Old Mar 17th, 2008, 10:45 PM       
DON'T WORRY I KNEW YOU WERE A GUY BECAUSE WE'RE BEST FACEBOOK FRIENDS

after enough bourbon ...
Colonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's army
Old Mar 17th, 2008, 10:45 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tadao View Post
Let's say [team]s are formed. Perhaps 4 of them. You could assign 4 leaders and people could request to join or be invited. You should try to get noobs to join.

Now each [team] would have their own means of chat (like you used to do with code).

Then you set up a place in which [team]s can make everyone laugh.

Now here is the reason why I think it could make a dent in improving the boards. It promotes team work, you would be able to teach noobs the 9 ways of funny, it promotes competition (who's [team] is the funniest.), people who never got along (if accepted into the same [team]) might form a bond, you know some real funny things are gonna happen.
Although still somewhat wet-behind-the-ears, I'll weigh in and say that I like this idea. Not only could it be a good way of introducing people to the concept of i-mockery humor, it also could teach some skills (cooperation, listening, reasoned debate) that are useful in everyday life.

Businesses are doing this in the workplace; why can't we make it work on a humor web site?

(And yes, I'm including myself in the "we" category!)

(Note to Tadao - My apologies, but I changed the word "gang" to "team" in your post above because it's friendlier. I grew up in Philly.)
You may already be there.
OH GOD
executioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contest
Old Mar 17th, 2008, 10:46 PM       
i think we should bring back that thread where we all set up matches playing fighting games on MAME or something, that shit was fun
Official forum judge
Old Mar 17th, 2008, 10:47 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Esuohlim View Post
DON'T WORRY I KNEW YOU WERE A GUY BECAUSE WE'RE BEST FACEBOOK FRIENDS
OH GOD
Old Mar 17th, 2008, 10:47 PM       
and maybe unban jixby ;_;
The Wolf
Zomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contest
Old Mar 17th, 2008, 10:49 PM       
I like jixby, but wouldn't that GO AGAINST ALL THE RULES OF THE SECRET SANTA EVENT?

Then again, wasn't orange juice bruce supposed to be banned after the first one?

EDIT: I forgot about imock on facebook. I left cause I don't want anyone that I know to know that I post on INTERNET FORUMS!

That was very funny. Well done.
Old Mar 17th, 2008, 10:49 PM       
I'm all for unbanning Jixby too but does he really still want to to post here?

frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Mar 17th, 2008, 10:50 PM       
Seriously, I would forgive somebody if they couldn't/wouldn't send out my package.

I don't expect to get anything on Christmas.
Drugs+drugs+rock+roll
Guitar Woman is probably a real personGuitar Woman is probably a real person
Old Mar 17th, 2008, 10:56 PM       
Yeah, what's with not banning ZBF for fucking up Secret Santa and bringing the axe on Jixby?

Shame on you.
Pickled Patriarch
Mockery is probably a real personMockery is probably a real person
Old Mar 17th, 2008, 10:56 PM       
Ok, so a couple of things here...

1) I think some of the older site vets from way back when are bored with the I-Mockery forums because it's a different kind of site in many ways. We used to be almost 100% scene mockery (making fun of whatever music scene you were into), and as a result, this drew in a LOT of complete idiots who didn't get the joke and it was fun as hell to verbally rip them apart in public. As time went on, I got really bored of making scene mockery sites and started expanding into different areas of mockery such as picking apart the stupid things in bad movies, making fun of video games and bad rom hacks, etc etc. While this has obviously generated WAAAAY more traffic for I-Mockery and given us a huge audience, it doesn't make as many complete fools come our way who are ready to get into a knife fight with anybody who says something bad about their scene. You'll be hard pressed to find people who will defend their shit so blindly (even on a humor site) as people who are big into their music and/or religious scenes.

2) I really don't think there's anything wrong with most of the new people who are registering on the site just so they can comment in the articles, weeklies and blog posts. I know the site is called "I-Mockery" 'n all, but there are some people who come here just to let the writers do the mocking and then they comment on it without the intention of getting into a flamewar with some of the other forum members. If there's not enough "mockery" in the comments of the site article threads for you, that's what the forums are for. However, if you feel inclined to "spice things up" in any given article discussion thread, by all means, feel free to do so... just be careful that you're not starting shit for the sake of starting shit and causing a thread to get completely derailed. These are permanent threads that are created for the sole intention of people discussing the article... not your issues with some other poster.

3) I'd be happy to bring back the Mock Wars once 'n a while, but as Chojin already stated, that forum went to shit long ago and I was all too happy to scrap it. Our big site redesign launch has really breathed a lot of new life into I-Mockery over the past few months and you're gonna continue to see some new faces. I have no problem with the forum members mocking each other, that kind of shit is to be expected on this site... just make sure you're not constantly trolling or stalking individual users from thread to thread. That's how discussions end up getting derailed.

4) If you guys have real suggestions for improving the forums, I'm happy to hear 'em. I don't post a lot in here these days because I'm extremely busy, but I still try to keep up with most of what's going on 'round these parts.

WHAT'S THIS?!
Pentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contest
Old Mar 17th, 2008, 10:59 PM       
I like the gang/team idea as well. It would have to be watched closely of course, or as Chojin said, it could work out in the opposite direction as it was intended. I also like the infractions idea would help, especially within the team idea. Perhaps the team leaders are also part of the group of members who could give infractions so that they could drop infractions on members of their team who are repeatedly acting in a manner unfit for someone on a team.

Personally, I wouldn't mind seeing a sports board added. Some of the best flames and smack I have ever seen come from sports discussion boards. There's something about sports (especially collegate sports) that brings out many peoples inner flaming troll (usually with entertaining results). Not sure how popular a sports board would be here though.
Drugs+drugs+rock+roll
Guitar Woman is probably a real personGuitar Woman is probably a real person
Old Mar 17th, 2008, 11:02 PM       
I think the gang idea is stupid.
frappez le cochon rouge
Old Mar 17th, 2008, 11:03 PM       
I have a football thread going from time to time.

But you're forgetting that this place is a buncha nerds.

BTW, the Big Show totally kicked Jericho's ass, Chojin. Did ya see it?
frappez le cochon rouge
Old Mar 17th, 2008, 11:04 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guitar Woman View Post
I think the gang idea is stupid.
The only person that would be on your team would be Juttin.
Näyttelijäbotti!
Pub Lover is probably pretty okPub Lover is probably pretty okPub Lover is probably pretty okPub Lover is probably pretty okPub Lover is probably pretty ok
Old Mar 17th, 2008, 11:10 PM       
I got Juttin's back!

Not by choice.

Let's get some mod attention to the off topic in here already.